The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:38 AM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Talking "Detroit Pistons"

OK guys, it's my turn to share a little ego-boost experience. Most of the time, you tend to forget that all those workouts have actually been doing some good, and you wonder if anyone notices or cares. Most people tend not to make comments one way or another. So when a complete stranger is clearly impressed and says so, it's kind of nice. So here's my little story:

I was in a bar with a couple of friends, both quite a bit smaller and more slender than me (they're both around 5'10", 160-170#, vs my 6'3", 240#). I'm wearing a short-sleeved shirt, and the bartender, one of those crusty old guys who tends to blurt out whatever's on his mind just to start up a conversation, notices my arms.

"Man, you've got some big arms on you," he says to me.

Flattered, but sort of embarrassed, I mutter some kind of thanks for the compliment and go back to drinking my beer. But the bartender keeps on going.

"Yeah, we used to call arms like that 'Detroit Pistons' " He turns to one my friends. "I bet you never give him any shit, do you?" he asks.

Kind of taken aback, my friend just smiles and answers, "Nope. Never." The bartender turns to my other friend. "How 'bout you? You ever give your buddy any shit?"

"No. I'm always very respectful," my other friend answers (in his usual sort of smart-ass way).

"Yeah, well you'd better be," the bartender says. "Let me tell you, you don't want to get him mad at you. I got in a fight with a guy who had arms like that once, and let me tell you, you don't wanna do it. Never knew anyone could hit that hard. Practically killed me. Fuckin' Detroit Pistons -- you don't wanna mess with 'em, let me tell ya. "

Every time he came back, he'd continue on in this vein, talking about me to my friends, but never saying anything directly to me, until he realized he might be annoying me. "Hey, I'm not pissing you off, am I? Definitely don't want to piss you off. Don't want those Detroit Pistons pounding on me."

"Nah, it's OK," I answered, feeling pretty cocky by now. "I'm mostly harmless, really."

Actually, in one way, he really was pretty annoying, this weird old fart going on and on about my arms. We were all kind of wishing he'd just go away and let us get back to our conversation. But in another way, I have to admit I was loving it. All that attention focused on my physique was making me feel like a prize stud, really swelling my ego and everything else. He finally did leave us alone, but I noticed my friends looking at my arms quite a bit after that. hehehe . . .

(Hmmmm . . . "Detroit Pistons" I kinda like it. Too bad the name's already taken by a basketball team.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
sweeeeet... Yeah, with 18" biceps I wouldn't wanna mess with you either!

Right on bro, great story!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I love weird old guys like that. Despite the fact that it would be a little annoying, I think it would be really fun. I always love people making comments about my arms, and they are only 16 inches around, so I bet your 18 inch, "Detroit Pistons" are amazing. Congratulations on your progress, I hope your pistons keep swelling with power! I'd say that when something like that happens, try to not be annoyed by it, because that can dampen a really fun, positive experience (even the embarrassment can leave you with a bit of a high).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options