The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to OnyxFaith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:05 AM

OnyxFaith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to OnyxFaith
Lou Ferrigno at Dragon*con

As if I wasn't already siked about his (as brief as it was) appearance in The Incredible Hulk's new movie, and finding out he did the voice of the character for it as well... I stumble onto his name on the guest list for the upcoming Atlanta convention, Dragon*con...

http://dragoncon.org/dc_guest_detail.php?id=461

Lord have mercy on me... I just hope I don't become one of the brainless, drooling fans that can't come up with a single intelligible word to say to the man!

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to MJ1978's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:33 AM

MJ1978
Send a message via Yahoo to MJ1978
I met Lou at last years Dragon*Con here in Atlanta. He is actually very quiet, almost shy in person. And he's tall. And Big. Very firm handshake, which you will want to take notice that his bicep surges when he does shake your hand. He wore a strech/form fitting shirt. How it didn't rip when he shakes your hand was a wonder to me. He will pose for a picture if you purchase one of his autographed photos. It wasn't that bad a price, I think $20. I'll be there again this year too.
  #3   Add to cartman25's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM

cartman25 is on a distinguished road
I actually saw Lou at Comic-Con this past weekend at one of the booths giving out autographs. I didn't get a chance to go over since I was on my way to meet someone and it was crazy crowded. But he is definitely a big guy. I wish I went over to get an autograph.
  #4   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM

newmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1978 View Post
...almost shy in person.....
he didn't seem shy to me more like an a-hole and all i did was recognize him
  #5   Add to OnyxFaith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
where was this? I'm just curious because I often get mixed feedback on many celebrities people meet at conventions.
  #6   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Lou Ferrigno

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
Newmus, before you call him an "a-hole", be aware of this:

He had bacterial meningitis as a child (age 3) and lost most of his hearing. The reason he seems "shy" in crowded, noisy, public places is because he is functionally deaf. He cannot hear what people are saying, so he either relies on an aide or he fakes it. [Smile, grin, bicep flex, big handshake]

I met him at the Arnold in 2004, and spoke with him and shook his hand. When I asked him for an autograph in his book, I saw him turn to a young woman who was his assistant for the day. She repeated what I told him, whereupon he turned back to me, smiled, and signed my autograph. His speech is o.k., but don't be fooled into thinking that the voice (deep baritone) used for him in the original "Hercules" movie is his. He has somewhat "swallowed speech" which is typical of people with severe hearing loss.

He's a terrific role model for anyone: family man, hard worker who has overcome adversity, and someone who encourages others to keep perserving. That would make him a "real MAN" even if he didn't have 21" biceps---which he does! At over age 50!!

YOWZA!!

Mdlftr
  #7   Add to ClarkSavageJr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM

ClarkSavageJr is on a distinguished road
Sadly I'll have to miss Dragon*Con this year due to health issues, but I too met Lou at last year's D*C, and found him to be quite polite. And yeah, he was actually bigger than I thought he'd be.
  #8   Add to OnyxFaith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkSavageJr View Post
Sadly I'll have to miss Dragon*Con this year due to health issues, but I too met Lou at last year's D*C, and found him to be quite polite. And yeah, he was actually bigger than I thought he'd be.
I'm sorry you can't make it this year! I hope all goes well and you can make it next year. It's definitely one convention I don't like to miss.

I have a feeling that he's probably quite a "normal and polite" person, all depending on where and when we meet him. After all, he is human, and therefore not as perfect as he would appear. But I'm sure he's as protective of his privacy as we might be in his position. {shrug} No?
  #9   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
oh i know about his hearing loss and all. but i have talked to people who have met him and other bodybuilding and regular celebrities. they all agreed that he was an a-hole. now for my experience i was done with my work out and heading for the lockers at gold's when i just happened to look up and there out of the blue our eyes met - i didn't even have time to look him over. when he saw that i realized who he was (i only had a look of recognition on my face - at least that's what i remember) he gave me a not-so-nice look in return that pretty much confirmed what i had heard. now i admit i could have misread that look but i'm really not that interested in "officially" meeting him.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options