The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
tanning

Hey,

This is a first for me. Yesterday, at Pride in Pittsburgh, I was working my table shirtless. It was reasonably sunny, and I wanted to catch some rays while I did my political shtick. Anyway, today when I looked at the tan, I had a distinct untanned patch below each pec. I guess the rays were blocked by muscle so that I didn't tan. Way cool, but does anyone have any advice for getting a more even tan in such circumstances.

(OK, there is also a big untanned circle on my left pec where I was wearing a John Kerry sticker, but that was my fault...)

(The other cool thing was when a cyclist came by our table. He had a really hot body, and we began to chat about cycling in the 'burgh. At one point, he bragged about the miles he did, lifted his pants and flexed his thick quads, pointing out that cycling gave him "legs like this." I lifted my shorts and did the same, showing that my legs were easily as thick as his. From that point on, I noticed his eyes checking me out as we talked about biking and weight lifting ;-) [damn, and I didn't get his number]).

Scott

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2004, 11:18 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Congratulations on that white patch! Your pecs look pretty good in the pictures you have. Sounds like you had a good time.

Also: all single men right now, go out and make some business cards to hand out in such situations with your name, a number, and an email/chat id. It's really simple, you can buy the stock at any office supply store, or go to Kinko's and have some made cheaply. That way you can subtly hand out your number.
  #3   Add to Flexus Lee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 07:26 PM

Flexus Lee is on a distinguished road
modern technology

This is an old thread, but thought I'd put my two cents in.

We live in the 21st century. Solaria (solariums) are accessible, so there really shouldn't be any unavoidable white bits whilst tanning. But it does pay to rotate and lie on your side otherwise you'll end up with lighter side torsos, especially if you're a thick kinda guy.

Tanning salons are still considered a little vain at the university gym where I work out. There's a particularly beautiful and beefy blond-haired, blue-eyed babe that recently started tanning. He won't admit it to his friends though, keeps saying that it's because he plays a lot of outdoor cricket (a weird form of bat and ball sport, for you Americans). What I'd like to know is how can you bat and bowl in cricket whilst scrupulously keeping your arms by your side, hence forming lighter patches; and since when is cricket played shirtless?
  #4   Add to m1312000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:07 PM

m1312000
Congrats on such a tan line. Heck, I'd work on creating even more of a shadow for the next time you want to catch some rays. (wink) Work hard; look great.

Oh... the advice. If you don't want to go to the booth, just do it the old fashion way and hold something reflective to get in the tough spots.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:38 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexus Lee
outdoor cricket (a weird form of bat and ball sport, for you Americans).
Ok, when I lived in New Zealand, I kept trying to figure out how each team got 2 numbers in their scores, and who the hell won the game? It really is an odd sport for Americans to handle.

I supose that you could play it shirtless, like we play football (grid iron) with shirts & skins, but the white streaks are still a mystery to me. Don't you generaly wear silly white sweaters (jumpers) for cricket?
  #6   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2004, 07:24 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
I Love Tan-lines!

...that,&the smell of sun-tan lotion are automatic boner material for me!
  #7   Add to caligula's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:45 PM

caligula is on a distinguished road
Talking sunworshipers

It's true for me. The scent of tanning oil on a nicely bronzed bodybuilder can affect people like a love potion. I knew a guy who would do a heavy workout then lay out on a sundeck and oil his body and offer it to the Sun. His 2 inches of posing trunks barely concealed his nakedness and he would inspect to see how well his tanlines contrasted. I was horny everytime just watching. One time he pretended to be asleep and I walked by and dropped a towel close to him so I could lean down and smell him. A perfect glossy sheen of oil smelling of coconut and male sweat. An absolute rush!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options