The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:42 PM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
compliments

Some good things happened yesterday at work:

1) a few older coworkers were talking about how their shoulders/backs hurt, then one guy turned to me and asked me how old I am. Then he said, "Do you workout? Yeah, you look like you workout. Wish I had started at your age."

I'm not sure if he meant "look like you workout" as in I do a lot of cardio or as in I lift a lot of weights. Probably the former... sigh.

2) getting in mid-sized car on the way to lunch, there were five guys and one coworker said, "You get in front, you have broad shoulders." What's funny is I don't think his shoulders are any smaller than mine, but it was a double boost to my confidence that day!

I began to realize how small compliments can make such a big difference. Which means the opposite is probably true; small insults (even jokes) might last a lifetime (i.e. those stories we tell about how someone said I was weak or small).
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:31 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Hey, Clay:

Take them as compliments.

Personally, I'd be happy enough if some made the statement "you work out" sound more like a statement than a question.

I ended up in the back seat once and the people next to me regretted it. I, too, regretted it since my head kept hitting the roof of the car.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Yet another advantage to having broad shoulders--I didn't realize it until you guys started talking about it but I rarely have to get in the back seat anymore (I'll just assume it's because of my shoulders and not my hips).

I think getting unexpected comments like the ones you describe Clay are one of the best things that can happen. It validates your work and, as you mention, can keep you going for some time! Enjoy your time in the spotlight!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options