Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Vallance's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM

Vallance is on a distinguished road
Need your opinion

Was curious if I could get some people's feedback on this, because I think I've been over thinking this, and not sure what I should do.

Just keep in mind, I tend to over think things, and sometimes make them more complicated then it actually is. Which is why I like to get others input... heh

I'm going into my sophomore year at my university. Currently I'm attending one of the branch campuses but this semester I'm going to be commuting between the branch campus and main campus. And then next semester I'm moving up to main campus. Anyways, I was looking into the clubs at my school, and I noticed they had a barbell club. Description stated something like, "to help better any athlete or for general fitness, all our welcome from beginner to advanced". (The description was worded better and longer then that, I just didn't feel like quoting it) Underneath the description was the club email. So I figured, I'll email and ask to learn more about the club, when they meet and stuff ( I actually don't know what they do, I'm not sure if they all go like work out together or just talk about fitness stuff, club description didn't really clarify that). And in my email I basically stated, I'm currently at the branch campus, going to be taking classes at the main campus this semester, and I'll be transferring next semester, curious if I could get more information or when you guys meet.

I sent the email, and no response. A Week later I figured I'd try sending an email to the president. (On the website where they listed the club description and email, they also listed officers and their emails) But I happened to stumble upon a group for the club that they made on facebook. And on the facebook group they again listed the officers. So, I was thinking maybe they don't check the club email, and if I send a message through facebook they'll get it. So I send one to the president, basically saying samething as before. I wait about a week again for a response, but nothing. So I figure, maybe he never checks his facebook, so then I tried sending another message to the secretary (he had actually made the facebook group so I figured he'd probably check his facebook) Again a week later, no response. I'm assuming they either just didn't want to respond for some reason, or they just never check their facebook messages.

I've been thinking it may have been better to send an email to their school email, since they should be regularly checking that. But I feel like if I send another message / email, I'll sound obsessed or something. However the thing is I actually want to learn more about them and probably join. Actually the president's profile on facebook was set to private, but his profile picture was of him at a bodybuilding competition. He looked pretty good, but the picture was really small... So I'm assuming the club would be worthwhile in joining since I could probably learn more about routines, form , etc. The thing is though, I don't want to show up and look like an idiot.

So basically what I've been thinking, do I try and send an email, which I'm kind of against doing. Try and find out when and where they meet and possibly show up to a meeting (either this semester, next, or just next year, I feel like if I show up this semester or next, officers I messaged might recognize and shun me, lol. which is why I figured maybe wait till next year)

But I don't know why they wouldn't respond, I didn't say anything weird, I've actually been working out for a little over a year so I know what I'm doing for the most part. I'd think they'd want new members.

Sorry that ended up being so long. Like I said I tend to over think things, which is why this posted ended up so long. I'm also kind of ranting since they never replied. heh.

Thanks for reading / any input
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Club

Hey there,

Question: Is school already in session? If it has just started, it could be that they are crazy-busy getting into the beginning of school. Many clubs at college have a couple dozen members but only two or three who organize for everyone else. It could be that you've just reached out to the slackers.

If I were you, when you are at the main campus next time, hunt around for the gym and/or student union. You may find more updated info on this club (or another one). It sounds like it might be a good opportunity for you to get your feet wet at the main campus while also augmenting your training. Good luck and let us know what happens.
  #3   Add to Vallance's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM

School starts this monday, and I had emailed / messaged them about 2-3 weeks ago.

But thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
  #4   Add to AS2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM

AS2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to AS2000
If school hasn't started yet, they may not have checked their official emails yet. Maybe there will be flyers on campus. At the very least, they should have a couple flyers in the school gym. Then just go to the meetings, or whatever.

A lot of clubs aren't well organized. That's just a fact to consider too.
  #5   Add to Vallance's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM

Probably sounds stupid I'm asking about this, because its really not that big of a deal. Just I guess what it comes down to is I don't want to look like an idiot... haha

but again thanks for taking time to read this
  #6   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:20 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Ask around, find out where they meet. Show up. Talk. Simple.

Someone said it earlier. Some clubs (or people) just aren't organized and responsive to e-mails. Or perhaps their spam filter is too selective. Exert energy to move your body through space and time find them and that means a lot more than e-mails. Or at least it should.
  #7   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:01 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Very well put, Gene.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Ask around, find out where they meet. Show up. Talk. Simple.

Someone said it earlier. Some clubs (or people) just aren't organized and responsive to e-mails. Or perhaps their spam filter is too selective. Exert energy to move your body through space and time find them and that means a lot more than e-mails. Or at least it should.
I was about to say the same thing. Find them, check them out, see what they are all about, and if that doesn't work, look elsewhere.

Trust me, there are more than one group out there, and more than one way to get motivated and build muscle.

D

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options