The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to peachiekeen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM

peachiekeen is on a distinguished road
Pot-bellied to Pitbull.

That's exactly what I hope to wriite about here sometime soon. I'm finally getting a membership at a gym soon, like within the week and I'm kinda excited about it, though simultaneously nervous, lol. I've wanted to join up since one of my coworkers told me he though t I'd be like a pitbull if I started working out. I've really had like, an itch to start up and I'd love to put on some good size, maybe get rid of my stomach and then just bulk up. The thing is, I've never belonged to a gym before so I don't really know the whole deal. I'm not really sure how to work out for the best results, or what machines to use, and I know nothing about gym etiquette and stuff like that, so if anyone has any pointers they can give me or can help at all I'd really appreciate it. If it helps, I can put a crrent pic up on here, because I'm kinda short and really stocky and I've been told I have a lot of potential. I guess if I can't grow any higher than 5'5" UP then I way as well grow myself OUT, lol.

Last edited by peachiekeen; September 9th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekeen View Post
I guess if I can't grow any higher than 5'5" UP then I way as well grow myself OUT, lol.
Yeah, that's how I see it, too. xD Just cuz you're short doesn't mean you have to be small >3

I can say some things I've learned, but most of it is through research and not experience x3 Beginner's should be doing a full body, Rippetoe's-style routine, meaning the basic compound movements for about an hour 3 times a week. So, like, Squats, Bench Press, and Deadlifts Monday, then Squats, Military Press, and Barbell Rows Wednesday, the first set of exercises again Friday, and starting over on Monday with the second set.

And if you're trying to grow, you need to EAT EAT EAT. Your bodyweight in protein(so, meat), and lots of carbs(breads, pastas, etc), and then you shouldn't forget the fruits and veggies. There's some calculators out there for overall caloric intake, but it seems like you should be getting 3000-4000 calories overall.

This is sorta a skeleton plan x3 Hopefully some other people can flesh it out for me.

Last edited by wolfotehmoon; September 9th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
  #3   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:53 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Congratulations on taking this step. You're pretty much in the same boat I was 3 years ago when I started working out, and I didn't let my being 5'3" get in the way.
  #4   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
RE: Pot-bellied to Pitbull.

...And just think, then the perfect shade of lipstick will be the only thing standing between you, and potential world domination-in-waiting! ...Or something.

(Or, to put it in plainer terms: ...Sarah Palin scares and disturbs me. Lots.)

-Pup

P.S> Michael Palin for VP! ....And also Minister of Silly Walks!
  #5   Add to musclebaz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM

musclebaz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to musclebaz
Well if its any consolation I am only 5ft 2in. and have been training all my life. I have only been competing for two years. Shorter people look bigger and put on realtive size quicker than tall people. Some possibilities..... get yourself someone who can guide you in the gym so that you lift and perform the exercises correctly. Once you can do that then you can go heavier. Also you need to sort out your diet as that more than anything will help you to change your shape to what you want. Don't be afraid of the gym. Everyone had to start somewhere and lastly I'm sure there are a number of people on the forum who would be more than willing to help you. Its a bit difficult to give you much guidance of any substance in these short replies but we can give you a lot of encouragement. Good luck with your journey

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options