The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Rationing D:

Okay, so I went out yesterday and got some whey, glutamine, and a few things of tuna. I'm trying to make it all last about 2-3 weeks(due to limited "FO' MUSCLE POWAH!" funds). Which means I might have a hard decision to make... So, my question is, since I have a limited amount of net protein that I'm able to consume, is it better to spread it out over the week, and sacrifice not getting enough total per day, or to take in most of it on a workout day and much less than I need on a rest day, or vice versa?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
The real question is what does your diet look like? What real food that you are eating is still more important than supplements. Make sure your diet is healthy and you will be able to do without the supplements for a while. This is all easier said than done, eating healthy requires discipline and a good amount of your time, however, it is worth the effort.
  #3   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
Inflated is totally right. Real food is always superior to supplements. You should be spending most of your cash on:

Eggs
Chicken
Tuna
Pasta
Beef
Milk

Beyond that, the only supplement that you really need is a good whey protein. IF you get a big tub of it, it can be pretty cheap - and it's a crucial way to get in some extra protein and calories after a workout or when time is short.
  #4   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
I'm a college student, and the backbone of my ability to eat for quite a while will be my meal plan. So, I always try to get whatever main meat-based meal they have, the carb and vegetable source that goes with it, a hotdog or a hamburger, and a bowl of veggies(I'm assuming that's about 30 g of protein, if not more, per meal). That's lunch and dinner. For breakfast, a BIG bowl of mini wheats, milk that goes with it, and a multi (once again, 30+ g).

TODAY, I ate 2 cans of tuna at 22 g each, and I'll be having a 23 g shake before bed. Altogether, thats... 162 g? I'm 180 pounds, but that's not lean weight.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options