The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Zachery the Knight : Chapter 2

Zachery watched as the leaves fell from the trees and thought deeply. He wondered to himself as they scattered around him why he found such beauty in them the moments before their demise. It was as if they flourished one last time before they fell, and deep down he wished that his life, when it had to end, would end in the same way.

A crisp wind whipped through Zachery's hair as he observed nature's activities. Even though he was there by order of the court scholar, he didn't mind sitting peacefully watching the world. He saw as the squirrels scampered for nuts in the trees, the birds on their journey southward and the lone bear preparing for his winter sleep. He mused to himself how active nature was before Gaia began her long sleep.

A grumble from his stomach signaled the time. He sighed to himself, wondering how much time he spent at the edge of the forest. But, he knew it was at least a few hours since he last ate, and knowing how every few hours since he started training and growing he needed to eat, he started his way back to the castle.

On the way back, he decided to stop in town to run a few errands. He had to stop by the fletcher to pick up a new longbow. The one he had broke a week before when he drew it in archery practice. The yew longbow that was being made for him, the fletcher said, would be better for his large hands and powerful grip.

Speaking of which, he also had to stop by the blacksmith to pick up a new sword. The one he currently used was too small for him now. The blade was too light, the hand guard too small and he could only fit two and a half fingers on the hilt.

But, the first stop he always made when he was in town was to the bakery. Not only did he love the bread they cooked there, Her Majesty was a fan of their sweet rolls, and Zachery made sure he retrieved some every time he was there for his benefactor. He still was confused every time he thought about six years ago when she invited him to live in the castle. He didn't know why she showed him such kindness, but he had always heard stories how she was a kind and gentle queen. Over the years, he saw firsthand how understated the stories were.

He turned the corner and headed to the bakery. On the way he saw a couple of guys standing outside, talking to Cynthia. He slowly walked up behind the trio and listened to them as they talked. He saw Cynthia smile as he walked up.

?Better give us what we want, or there will be 'problems',? one of them said.

Cynthia said, ?I don't think the town guard would like hearing that.?

One of the bigger ones said, ?We don't care about the guard, they aren't here right now and they won't be here to save you if you don't give us what we want.?

Zachery stepped up and wrapped two of the guys in a powerful headlock. His biceps bulged against their throats. He winked at Cynthia and said, ?You know, I would be 'upset' if something happened to the bakery.? He emphasized the word 'upset' with a subtle flex of his beefy arms, cutting the flow of air to two of the thugs.

The leader growled in anger as he turned, ?Look here, you should just stay out of our business or else...?

His words died in his throat as he caught a glimpse of the man that was talking to him. His gaze fell upon Zachery's chest. The tunic he wore, dark blue and very worn even though it was a few months old, caught his attention first. The leather banding at the sides were frayed and somewhat broken, obviously due to the sheer girth of his chest. He then saw the massive arms that held his two companions immobile without even a struggle. He had never seen arms as big as the ones that were in front of him, even with all his confrontations with the city guards. His gaze went upward, catching a glimpse of the thick cords that made up his neck before he saw the boyish face that capped it all. His bravado and confidence died in his chest, seeing how such a young man subdued two men without a struggle and looked like he could easily take him down.

?Ummm.....? he drooled, so scared he looked as if he was prepared to run in terror.

?Cynthia, are these men giving you any trouble?? Zachery said as he flexed his chest for the thug.

?I don't know Zachery, let me see,? she smiled as she continued, ?Well, are you guys going to give us any more trouble??

?N..n...n...n...oo,? the thug stuttered as he shook his head.

?Well then,? Zachery said as he unceremoniously dropped the two men he was holding to the ground, ?I guess you men should continue about your business.?

He flexed one more time and the three of them scrambled off. Cynthia burst into laughter, saying ?Your sense of timing is nothing short of impeccable.? Zachery smiled and followed the young baker into the shop. As he walked through the door, he absentmindedly noticed how his shoulders scraped against the door frame when he was sure last week his shoulders weren't as wide.

As soon as he got into the shop, his nose was assaulted by the wonderful scent of freshly baked goods. Cynthia walked to the oven and stoked the coals before smiling at Zachery, ?So, good squire, what may I get for you today?? She did a quick curtsy and Zachery laughed aloud.

?You are quite funny dear Cynthia.? She smiled some more as Zachery continued, ?Do you have any of your father's wonderful sweet rolls and perhaps some Manchet??

A voice out of the rear of the building said aloud, ?For you young Zachery, of course we do.?

Zachery stood at attention as Cynthia's father walked from the rear. ?You know young man, you don't have to do that every time I enter a room.?

Zachery relaxed a little before saying, ?A master baker such as yourself deserves the respect, sire.?

He smiled before walking to the brick stove. He slid the coals around before retrieving a few loaves of the freshly baked wheat bread. Zachery willed himself not to drool at the delicious aroma that wafted from the stove, a mixture of wheat, spices and wood chips.?

Zachery pulled out a piece of thick wool on the counter. As the baker loaded the breads on his cloth, Zachery started to pull out money. He started to object to taking Zachery's money, but Zachery cut him off, ?I know what you are about to say sire, and again, I have to say that if this little amount of coin can insure that you continue to practice your art, I'm quite happy to give it.?

He smiled and said, ?Of course young Zachery. I won't argue with you this time.?

Zachery reached over and grabbed one of the larger loaves of bread before he tied the cloth up, securing the package. ?If luck is with me, I will see you two again soon,? he said with a huge smile. He waved to Cynthia and her father before he left, taking care to turn sideways to fit through the door.

He continued about his errands. He stopped by the fletcher's shop, acquired his bow and then went to the blacksmith for his sword. He ate some of the bread as he walked, but made sure he didn't eat it all. With half of the loaf left, he made sure that the local poor kids had something to eat.

Finally, with all of his tasks done, he returned to the castle. He quickly stored his new weapons and rushed to the throne room. As he headed up the many stairs to see his benefactor, he said aloud, ?These sweet rolls smell heavenly today. Her majesty should enjoy them.?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to stiffreed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:40 AM

stiffreed is on a distinguished road
How is there now comments yet?!

I like where this story is going. Good job Xythan!
  #3   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:32 AM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
what a delightful read...

... The young knight seems everything a young hero should be. How wonderful of the gracious queen to bestow him with the physical attributes that enable him to live up to a great destiny. I can't wait to see how this on plays out! Thanks for your effort!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options