The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to musclewannabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I am Nater

musclewannabe has disabled reputation
New Old Story from another website

No i didn't ask permision and i should have.... so since i didn't i deleted it.... thanks for pointing that out gene... thanks

Last edited by musclewannabe; November 16th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.
Thanks
  #2   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
While I'm sure this was very well intentioned. Did you make any attempt to contact the author to see if he wanted this story posted here?

Just posting a link would have been sufficient.
Thanks
  #3   Add to musclewannabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I am Nater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
While I'm sure this was very well intentioned. Did you make any attempt to contact the author to see if he wanted this story posted here?

Just posting a link would have been sufficient.

Yeah your right a link would have been sufficient... and if you actually paid attention i posted the link as well gave a full discription of who posted it, where and the title of work... I did everything to ensure that everyone knew i was not ripping someone else's work. I did everything i would do when i have to do a term paper. Do you think i ask the author's permision to use thier shit in a fucking term paper? HELL NO.... i just put it in my thesis and make sure i follow the MLA guide lines to make sure that they are protected and credited with the works cited.... It is not Plagerism if you Cite them completely and give them full credit... i was just trying to bring some fun to this website... excuse me for contributing... People like you remind me why i stopped contributing in the first place...
Thanks
  #4   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2008, 12:03 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
confusing..
Thanks
  #5   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclewannabe View Post
Yeah your right a link would have been sufficient... and if you actually paid attention i posted the link as well gave a full discription of who posted it, where and the title of work... I did everything to ensure that everyone knew i was not ripping someone else's work. I did everything i would do when i have to do a term paper. Do you think i ask the author's permision to use thier shit in a fucking term paper? HELL NO.... i just put it in my thesis and make sure i follow the MLA guide lines to make sure that they are protected and credited with the works cited.... It is not Plagerism if you Cite them completely and give them full credit... i was just trying to bring some fun to this website... excuse me for contributing... People like you remind me why i stopped contributing in the first place...
Plagerism is not what I questioned. Some authors would rather that their stories be posted only at sites that they deal with. It would have been polite to ask and you might have made a friend.

And it's people like you who made me decide to stop writing & drawing & animating in public places.

Last edited by Gene; November 17th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Thanks
  #6   Add to tojfs7931's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM

tojfs7931 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to tojfs7931
Wow calm down there buddy. He admitted to making a mistake... that should have sufficed. No harm no foul.
Thanks
  #7   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
I wanna know what the story was, or the site.
Thanks
  #8   Add to qapl2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2008, 05:27 AM

qapl2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojfs7931 View Post
Wow calm down there buddy. He admitted to making a mistake... that should have sufficed. No harm no foul.
I think Genes post is helpful in its way, as it explains WHY he thinks stories shouldn't be reposted without permission. I'm sure it wasn't intended to do any harm but further clarify his point of view.

So maybe its you, that needs a little bit to calm down.
Thanks
  #9   Add to Kroton's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Kroton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by qapl2001 View Post
I think Genes post is helpful in its way, as it explains WHY he thinks stories shouldn't be reposted without permission. I'm sure it wasn't intended to do any harm but further clarify his point of view.

So maybe its you, that needs a little bit to calm down.
I'd agree, up to a point. Then Gene advises ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
And it's people like you who made me decide to stop writing & drawing & animating in public places.
Which does go somewhat beyond a clarification and does merit the suggestion that he "calm down".
Thanks
  #10   Add to goldsgymstud631's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM

goldsgymstud631 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to goldsgymstud631 Send a message via Yahoo to goldsgymstud631
kinda sad that energy is wasted on this kind of stuff. move on - the world keeps spinning whether you're here sitting infront of the screen or not.
Thanks
  #11   Add to Excelsior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Excelsior is on a distinguished road
Why don't you all calm down!?!?

And before you tell me to calm down... i'm calm...
calm.....
calm.....
calm.....
calm.....
calm.....

Where's that Valium Sandwich gone!?!?!?

IN THE LAND OF THE FATUOUS FRAUDSTER, THE BIGGEST TWO-EYED LYING GIT IS KING!!!
Thanks
  #12   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:26 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum View Post
I wanna know what the story was, or the site.
Yeah, I do find it... entertaining... that the (perfectly-appropriate) link met the same fate as the (contentious) story-reposting itself. Makes it a bit harder to avoid leaping to some harsh conclusions about intentions, in all this.
UPDATE: Plus, my thread necromancy in posting this is sure to revitalize my unpopularity among certain circles!

Last edited by nypup2train; July 3rd, 2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Realized I'm probably going straight to hell.
Thanks
  #13   Add to funboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Fun - but lost, LOL

funboy is on a distinguished road
Wow - this is all kind of silly. If you post on the web on open, public sites, one would expect the author knows it is going to be spread around. Being properly cited should be sufficient.

It would be different if the story came from one of the pay-per-download sites.
  #14   Add to musclewannabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I am Nater

WoW!!

I truely forgot all about this bullshit... and as for the story... I took the link down as well because someone might consider that innapropraite as well!!! But if you want to know what it is go to the choose your own change web site (notice how i'm not putting in a link for the website for ya'll to click on because that would be wrong) and do a search for "Olympia Bound" by Steen (notice the quotation marks as i am citing a written piece and the quotation marks signify that it is a short story and pay attention that i also included the author as well to give him full credit. So i am Citing the story accurately as well!!!). For those that are more prudish allow me to enter the information according to the rules of MLA

Steen. "Olympia Bound." Friday, July 5, 2005. November 2008. < http://www.cyo >

MLA requires that the http:// be given as the last part of the work cited but considering someone would bitch me out for posting the link i decided to not post the whole thing.

I hope you who actually appreciate the referal to a GREAT story (in my opinion) will get plenty of enjoyment out of it. To those that won't i don't care.
Thanks
Closed Thread