Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:16 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Obama's Inauguration

Well, being in Washington DC right now for school, you can imagine the kinda excitement that's going on around campus and the city at large. We're getting ready to PARTY!! xD How does everyone else feel about it? And is anyone in the area(or not so much) gonna be attending the parade or the inauguration proper?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to giantw's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM

giantw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to giantw
yes

I will be there. I am staying with friends in Capitol Hill. It should be very exciting.
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:59 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Coming from the UK, actually attending is slightly impossible, but I shall be watching on as many networks as I can
  #4   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM

I just got back. I didn't even bother with the parade, just went to the ceremony. OH MY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST SO MANY PEOPLE. D: Also, I walked a shitload, so I'll be taking a hot shower now. Full report and edit to remove all of the fucking curses from this post after I'm not so half-dead. :P
  #5   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
I used to live in town (6th & P NW) a few streets above the DC Eagle and know the Mall well. Been to many events with many hundreds of thousands down there but when I heard that they expected 2 million I just knew I wouldn't even TRY to go down there even if I lived there. Except perhaps if I had a condo in that ritzy building on the north side of Pennsylvania Ave somewhere near the Austrailan Embassy. Or possibly in the Willard Hotel. Looking out over the crowd from 5 storys up wouldn't be a bad place to be.
  #6   Add to giantw's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM

giantw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to giantw
Exhausting

We stood close by the Washington Memorial. Thank god for Jumbotrons! Still, after seeing some of the images on television, I think I should have stayed home to watch it. I am exhausted, and it appears people at home got to see the whole thing perfectly without having to brave the cold.

So the next time there is a historic, groundbreaking moment like this, such as a man landing on Mars, I'll just stay at home to watch it.
  #7   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:01 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantw View Post
So the next time there is a historic, groundbreaking moment like this, such as a man landing on Mars, I'll just stay at home to watch it.
Indeed, I have agreed with my satellite TV provider that I will upgrade to thei HD service for the following events:
  • The next manned moon landing
  • The next coronation
  • The next general election in the UK
  #8   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM

Giant, you were near the monument? D: We could have argued face to face! I was at the far right Jumbotron behind it, and, apparently, so was my mother and sister. x3 Not that I would have been able to find them. Started out the day waiting 2 hours in the middle of the street with a thousand or so other people until I realized it was a gate for the parade route (SO glad I didn't stay for that), then walked around, just missed Obama coming out of the church, and settled down with an overpriced cup of hot chocolate to watch the ceremony.

Finally got back to my dorm at 3, and I think I walked a total of 7 miles that day, plus all the standing, in that COLD weather. Who needs a hangover, I have knee pain xD But it was worth it, watching history unfold before my eyes and getting to chat with a bunch of strangers. :3

Random note: I have never seen so many high-end cameras in my life. Jesus. You want to find out why our economy's in the shitter? Go to the nearest Best Buy and see how many people walk in and buy a $600 Canon. x3

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options