You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to rtulde's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:48 AM

rtulde is on a distinguished road
Does he or Doesn't he?

Synth.x's excellent reminiscence, "Charlie and I" (see the muscle story section) suggested this thread to me. Do you have any memories of incident where you weren't sure a muscle guy was coming on to you? Or, if, like Charlie, he did come on to you, it was so confusing you never did find out the guy's true feelings?

Two examples from my past:

In college there were two guys, both very muscular, one fitness model quality and the other more like a bodybuilder.

Eric, the fitness model type guy, was very handsome, on the wrestling team, with strawberry blond hair, freckles, a great smile, and muscles, he was a few inches shorter than me, but much stronger, I was just a skinny nerd. We were acquaintances and had friends in common. One evening he stops by my room, just wanting to talk (I had a single room). I left the door open, we began talking and the conversation got pretty intense, emotional. I kept wondering why he was sharing all this with me. Suddenly a jock who lived down the hall wandered in and took the conversation in a totally different, safe, and superficial direction. Looking back, I see two things, Eric knew I was gay, I was not out, but anyone could have figured this out. Second, why didn't I shut the door! He's married, got kids, maybe it was nothing, but I still wonder...

Lars, the bodybuilder type, wow! He was not clasically handsome, but boy, what muscles. He was my height, around 6 feet (183)cm, but had around thirty pounds on me, all of it muscle, making him about 200lbs (82k).

I knew him better than Eric, we roomed on the same hall. He talked to me, and sort of liked to show off his muscle, walking around shirtless, standing really close to you, etc. He never had any girlfriends when I knew him, but hung around with real macho types, did lots of high spirited antics with them, pranks, drinking, etc. I think he knew I was attracted to him, and once he set up a situation where I was alone with him. I was very naive and totally inexperienced, if he'd made the first move, he'd have had me, but he didn't, maybe he was waiting for some sort of signal from me which I didn't give.

Like two years later, we were both seniors, he did something that was obviously a pass at me. I was talking to Polly, who was staffing the reception desk at our dorm. Lars walks in to the lobby from outside and talks off his shirt, flexing a bit and says hi and heads down the hall. He was not making a pass at Polly, he barely knew her and she was not at all good looking. I did not chase down the hall after him since I thought it was a really conceited move, and if he liked me, why couldn't he say so? This guy went into the military, is married, has kids, etc.

Anyone have incidents like this in their past, where you can't figure out what was going on, even in hindsight, even when something sexual happened with the muscle guy? I think might have been's are sometimes more interesting than full blown affairs.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to SWMassMan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Big...Bigger...BIGGEST!!!

SWMassMan is on a distinguished road
LOL....

Actually, I tend to be really dense when I comes to such things. I never know if a guy is interested in me unless he's very explicit. ;-) Kinda like my broken gaydar....

--John
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
No muscle guy has EVER come on to me, alas...

Richard

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options