Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
Homeless muscle man?

True story: I had a strange but brief experience this weekend. I live in Los Angeles, and like any big city we have our share of homeless or drunk people wandering the sidewalks talking to themselves or randomly cursing at people. On Saturday, I was driving down Lankershim and saw a huge guy standing at a bus stop. He was wearing sneakers and what looked like plaid boxer shorts, no shirt. Pretty scruffy looking. I'm guessing he was in the 225-250 pound range. He wan't ripped, just BIG. He had a gut, but it looked like it was rock solid like a powerlifter's roid gut. And he had two large firm pecs jutting out on top, and of course a pair of thick arms at his side. As cars drove by, he would step off the sidewalk on to the street and hit mini-muscle poses. He wasn't graceful about the poses, he would just sort of step onto the street, do a quick flex, then get back on the sidewalk. I saw him do a crab shot and a few side tricep poses.

I don't know if he was drunk, homeless, or just goofing around, but I wish all our street people looked like that!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
I've had a few odd experiences with the inner-city homeless (who hasn't?) but that one is DEFINITELY unique. All the homeless guys I've ever met were skinny-as-fuck and usually looked about 10-15 years older than their actual age. It's pretty sad man... very hard life. Hopefully that guy wasn't actually homeless .
  #3   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
He was probably just crazy or very, very bored.

I have seen crazy musclemen. On a visit to Chicago some time back I went to that fountain they show at the beginning of Married with Children (forgive me Chicagoans for not knowing the name!) I saw a guy who was lean but very cut and good looking but he looked very unkempt and he was talking to the seagulls. Maybe he was just eccentric but I honestly thought he was homeless.

And then I saw another bodybuilder, much bigger, running past. He wasn't homeless or crazy. Just shirtless and nice to look at.
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:21 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
He had to be screwing around. It's impossible for bums to get big: Night Train doesn't have enough protein!
Kidding! now back to serious posts...
  #5   Add to MuscleAvatar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:46 PM

MuscleAvatar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleArm
True story: I had a strange but brief experience this weekend. I live in Los Angeles, and like any big city we have our share of homeless or drunk people wandering the sidewalks talking to themselves or randomly cursing at people. On Saturday, I was driving down Lankershim and saw a huge guy standing at a bus stop. He was wearing sneakers and what looked like plaid boxer shorts, no shirt. Pretty scruffy looking. I'm guessing he was in the 225-250 pound range. He wan't ripped, just BIG. He had a gut, but it looked like it was rock solid like a powerlifter's roid gut. And he had two large firm pecs jutting out on top, and of course a pair of thick arms at his side. As cars drove by, he would step off the sidewalk on to the street and hit mini-muscle poses. He wasn't graceful about the poses, he would just sort of step onto the street, do a quick flex, then get back on the sidewalk. I saw him do a crab shot and a few side tricep poses.

I don't know if he was drunk, homeless, or just goofing around, but I wish all our street people looked like that!
You should have offered to take him home!
  #6   Add to Leo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Leo is on a distinguished road
In downtown Washington, DC, I have seen two truely homeless men on separate occasions, both very built and ripped. Both scenarios were the same: carrying many distressed bags, wearing tattered clothing, obviously homeless but just BUILT. In both cases I thought to myself, "Where and how do they do that?

I realize anyone can be down on their luck, it just is unexpected to see such a sight...TWICE!
  #7   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:25 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Happy SIGNIFICANT birthday, Leo (in, what, 11 days?)

Best regards...

rpj
  #8   Add to Leo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2004, 07:46 PM

Leo is on a distinguished road
rpj:

I expected to read more about "homeless muscle men". but was happily surprised by your birthday greeting.

Thank you for the well wishes. That was really nice...

And many a muscle fantasy to you!

Leo
  #9   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM

flexicon1
Mad Muscle in Venice

Hey guys -

I lived in Venice Beach, CA for a while, in the late 80s, and I had a compulsive habit (which I have overcome with the development of better boundaries) of driving around looking for muscle imagery to get off on. This was before the internet, which has made things quite a bit more convenient and less scandalous.

There was a guy who I'd see on occassion, not necessarily homeless, but a little off, if you get my meaning. He was probably in his early thirties or so, maybe 5'9", in the 190 - 200# range, but not lean, and not really very balanced or even hot, but there was an energy about him that sort of keyed my fetish onto him.

He had definitely worked out at some point in his life, if he wasn't at the time. He had wide lats, a pretty thick chest, beefy arms. I'd usually see him walking along the streets, shirt off, and flexxing kind of a walking lat spread, pec bouncing, and talking to himself. I remember seeing him once at the muscle beach gym cage, flirting with a young woman, demanding that she feel his latissimus dorsi while he spread it for her. She looked both repulsed and fascinated, just like I was!

If he wasn't some sort of performance artist, he was probably mentally ill. I do remember once pulling my car up to him on the sidewalk and asking if he liked to flex for private audiences, thinking my fetish might be right up his alley, and that I could provide a safe space for both of us to get our needs met. But he gnashed his teeth in an agressive way and flexxed a little harder and said "No! Get out of here!"

I'd like to give a big hug and thank you to the members and facilitators of this board, for providing safe space in which we can explore our fascination with muscle. Thanks men!
  #10   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
A crazy bodybuilder?? I've never seen one of THOSE before!

I'm sure we've all seen that really huge guy at the gym who just "wasn't quite right" (in the head, at least.) Take a bodybuilder, who probably has some pretty deep-seated body image and self-worth problems, add lots of mood-altering steroids, give him a low level of education, low job prospects, and no safety net of family or friends where you can "crash" for a while, and you can see how someone like this could end up on the street if just one or two things go wrong in his life.

Huge gay bodybuilder who flushed his life down the crystal-meth toilet... God knows we've got enough of those to last us a while.
  #11   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2004, 08:01 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
no doubt... no doubt... I used to live across the street from this guy named Sean about 5 years ago.

Sean is like 32yo, about 6'5" and 285-290 of damn near pure muscle. He's a sight to be seen... but not heard. He's about as smart as a stick, talks like a 5-year-old (literally, right down to the lispishness and high pitched voice), and as the emotional maturity to match (I was ENTIRELY TOO privy to all the shit between him and his current wife of the time - wife #4 incidentally). About 4 months ago Sean showed up in my life again - started going to the same gym I go to... .which was really odd since it's on the complete opposite side of town. I love that I know him because everyone looks at me when he says "hi" to me or I say "hey sean, what's up?".... with just that look of "wow, you know him?".... besides that little bit of excitement, he's otherwise totally worthless as a human being. Despite being a worthless human, I love watching him in the gym when he presses 320 like it's nothing.

Anyhow - the point to all that rambling was - yeah - it seems like quite often you have to be somewhat mentally "off" if not extremely "off" to get that big. Not always, of course... but more often than not. It's also clear that Sean has spent many years Juicing... so I'm sure that didn't help him in the mental dept. either.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options