The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bRobertson's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM

bRobertson is on a distinguished road
An incentive to work your abs

So... yeah. I made an interesting discovery while doing leg lifts today. Thankfully in the privacy of my room, with no one else awake.

In the interest of good form, I try to "suck it in" while doing ab work. I've read that this encourages good posture over time, helps to ensure that you're working what you mean to (like the lower abs vs the hip flexors, and vice versa), tones deep abdominal musculature that's hard to otherwise get at, and aids in controlling the movement.

Anything worth doing in fitness is worth overdoing at least once, so I press my hands against my stomach, push it in to aid the aforementioned sucking, and continue with the leg lifts. About ten reps in, I notice something odd.

Why the heck am I getting an erection from doing ab work?

I mentally shrug and carry on with the set. Or try to, anyway. About six or seven reps further, I can't help myself and grab on for a few quick strokes. Mostly flaccid at this point, but with all the sensation of a full boner. And it feels close. Again, wtf.

I manage to get three reps further before succumbing entirely. I stop it short of a full load, but still get a few squirts of Cowper's fluid to clean up. I then run to my computer and type it up for your enjoyment.

Some Googling reveals that women get this occasionally under similar circumstances; presumably they're less messy than men.

TL;DR: totally hands-free orgasm from working abs. A very nice way to end a workout.

Method: disrobe (or not, if you want to do laundry, you kinky bastard) and lie down prone. Make sure you have at least a few inches of clearance for both your head and your feet. Pull your upper body up some with your abs - nothing dramatic, just let your shoulder blades barely brush the floor - to keep up the tension during the movement. Now, suck in the gut. Further. Further still. Push it in with your hands if you have to (I did, I'll admit it) and hold it there. Brace your body with your elbows, if you need to. Now, start doing leg lifts. If you do it right, you should get a response within a few reps.

My request: verify the technique, and see if there're any subtleties that I've missed here.

And no, I will not post a video.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Cool

Wow. First time I read that someone could get an erection just by doing an ab workout.

It's ok if you DON'T post a video... I'm sure some of us can visualize the event.
  #3   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:54 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
pull-ups & chins do it for me
  #4   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:52 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
The best incentive is strong abs will also keep you from having lower back problems and are really important for core strength. I cannot say that I have ever found joy in doing ab work but if you can more power to you. Usually ab work is tedious--although necessary.
  #5   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:14 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Thanks for a new, innovative means of getting the relief that really matters for all of us who are fully sexual beings.
  #6   Add to Stoneman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Stoneman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoneman
The first orgasm of my life was caused by doing leg lifts. It really freaked me out, lol.
  #7   Add to cobra999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM

cobra999 is on a distinguished road
An incentive to work your abs

Very nice! I never hear that that would happen doing abs. I will give it a try tonight!
  #8   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM

Spooky is on a distinguished road
It seems that you were stimulating your prostate.

You no only have pressure in that region from sucking your abs in, but are also squeezing your buttocks to support yourself. Then, under that pressure, you are raising and lowering your legs, causing the prostate to be further stimulated by moving it within that pressure.

Makes sense to me. That is why you got some seminal fluid as opposed to a full-blown orgasm.
  #9   Add to tricepx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM

tricepx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by suma View Post
pull-ups & chins do it for me
same here! and i always thought i was wierd.
  #10   Add to Amazed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:58 AM

Amazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Amazed
There was a time when I was so horned up on test boosters that anytime I used the ab roller/wheel in my basement home gym, I'd get hard. This motion is pretty similar to thrusting, so it's no wonder why. But the combo of my rock hard tool and the cool concrete floor nearly made me shoot a load a few times! Definitely made it tough to complete a set.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options