The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to anonychubster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:23 AM

anonychubster is on a distinguished road
Let me know what you think of this plan

I am about to embark on a strict regime given to me by a bodybuilder buddy of mine.

It's pretty simple really; I'll give it to you the way it was told to me:

6 meals during the day. Each meal should contain 30 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs. A pretty good setup for this is 100 grams cooked basmati rice and a chicken breast. You can substitute them for other stuff as long as it's lean and has the right grammage of protein/carbs. Stay away from potato. Eat no carbs after 6pm. You can add a bit of veg to each meal (that gets you 5 out of 5 for your recommended veg portions) but make sure the veg has no carbs in it. Take a multi vitamin. Have one day off a week. You can have an additional meal of only protein and veg at about 8pm. Drink loads of water.

For simplicity I have one meal every 2 hours starting at 8am and finishing at 6. Then I have the meal that I should have had at 8pm whenever I get back from the gym.

This diet should be paired with a good exercize routine which for me is the following:

Mon - Fri
2 mile run at lunch
A cardio class at my local gym
30 - 45 mins of weights
30 - 60 laps in a 25m pool
Sat - Day off (also my cheat day on the diet)
Sun - Some kind of sport with my mates.

Right now I'm achieving the following lifts (among others):

Flat Bench - 1 rep @ 150k, 4 Reps @ 140k
Squat 4 - good reps @ 200k
Military press - 2 reps @ 80k

Let me know what you think of all this, any advice is more than welcome. I'll also be blogging my progress in a little more detail @ [COLOR=#22229c]http://gottagettrim.blogspot.com/[/COLOR] you can see pictures and stuff there and post comments if you want.

This is the first phase of a four phase diet that my friend uses to slim down for competition. This is not a permanent diet. I expect to do it for about six weeks just to kick start the weight loss. After that I will gradually return to a more "normal" diet.

As far as the exercise goes: Yes I mean all of that everyday. I know it sound like a lot but the lunch time run and the swimming are really low intensity. I use the run to shake off any stiffness from the previous day's exercise. And the swim is just a cool down after my weights (I stretch off in the pool also). As I regain my fitness I will probably drop either the run or a class. I have over-trained before so I understand that, but I'm not daft, if I start to feel the symptoms I will curtail the exercise.

P.S. Moderator - I know I posted this in the "stories" section already. My bad. apologies and feel free to delete.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to anonychubster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM

anonychubster is on a distinguished road
Yeah, right now I want to drop body fat. I know this is a pretty extreme way to do that but I want to kick start the process. I know that if I follow this plan that I am going to lose some strength but I'm not that worried about that. I have started to get stretch marks on my bi's recently so I want to stop that getting worse also.
  #3   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2009, 05:51 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
bro you will be over training like hell and destroying your CNS in the process. your talking 180g of protein with 180g of carbs where are the essential fats ? you also didn't post your height, weight, age current meal plan, your current bodyfat. if you want help then you need to provid information that people can use to give you the correct advice and make sure you dont destry your system in the process
  #4   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:49 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
This all seems like a pretty well organised program to me.

Personally I have found that the biggest change from when i decided to get fit again was from focusing on achieving LOTS of sets with standard reps.

for example, I found the biggest improvemnt in my chest was from doing 10 sets of 10-14 reps of parrallel bar dips instead of say 3-5 sets of super heavy bench pressing.

Also from personal training experience with the surf lifesavers, the best way to improve swimming is by exercising the shoulders as much as possible - and yes, doing 100's of the same motion definately made the difference rathar than attempting max a single max rep. Performing sets to exhaustion does help with endurance, but not quite as much as packing as many sets into a session as possible.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options