The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Personals
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Personals Connect and meet with other muscle growth fans in your area. Looking for a friend, training partner, or something else? Check out this forum!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to monstermusclebe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Markus

monstermusclebe is on a distinguished road
Seeking Bodybuilder Roommate(s) Situation

As this is a Forum for Muscle Growth Fantasies, just putting this fantasy out there to see if I/we can't make some of it real...

STRENGTH -- and SERIOUS MUSCLE GROWTH -- in NUMBERS?

Soon to be 42 yr old VGL GWM 5' 10" 206#+ bodybuilder who is livin' the lifestyle (diet, workouts, the works) w/solid muscles (47"c 18 3/4"a 25"t) and growing, seeking out one or more buddies who are either serious about packing on the pounds and getting big, or who have already done so and want to be around like-minded guys.

I need to move June 1, but am planning to getting a short-term place to hang for the time being, until the right situation is in the making. Hoping to settle in with a new living situation/lifestyle around August, but again that's flexible. So if you're up for this idea, but have a lease or other living situation you need to be in for a while, hit me up anyway.

I didn't put a location in the subject line because I don't want to limit myself entirely on that front... and I think some of us who have dreams of getting huge may need to confront the hard reality that in order to make the lifestyle changes we desire, we may need to move elsewhere. That might include myself.

That said, I currently live -- and absolutely love -- the San Francisco Bay Area. The Mecca of Bodybuilding i.e. Venice, CA also highly appeals to me.

Beyond those areas, you'd have to convince me it would be totally worth my while to move elsewhere.

On the other hand, I think I might be able to convince YOU to move here, and/or both/all of us move to our Mecca/Venice.

I'm definitely open to different situations -- us bodybuilders tend to have our own ideas about diets, workouts, etc. and what works for us. So if this idea tickles your fancy at all, don't leave what I say below -- where I outline my IDEAL FANTASY ROOMMATE SITUAION, to be the end all, if you're not entirely into every or even most of the details I outline.

My main goal with this post is just to see who's into serious muscle growth for themselves -- or others (any housedudes out there who are ready to truly serve a household of growing bodybuliders?) -- and who has thought about doing this, whose now thinking about this, whose open to the idea, etc.

So REPLY, send a Private Message, or just hit me up if you have any interest at all: [email protected].

p.s. It would help for you to let me know something about yourself and what you are seeking, especially if your profile is blank on that subject.

A NOTE ABOUT REPLIES
I promise to treat all replies confidentially, but I request that you do more for me that just say "Yeah, man, I'm into this. Sounds cool." Tell me a bit about who YOU are, what YOU want and why this idea appeals to YOU, and not just the everyday MGF lurker out there. The more serious, honest and respectful you are with me, the more honestly, respectfully and seriously I'll treat you in return. I've already put my ass out there with this missive... you know my fantasies around this. So if you ARE interested... the ball is in your court to meet me at least part of the way. Thank you.

Ok, here goes...

MY "IDEAL" FANTASY ROOMMATE SITUATION
My ideal fantasy would be to live with a number of other guys into muscle growth and bodybuilding, and for us to agree on a common diet, nutrition plan and workout time/location each day. When I think of numbers, I get 5 to 8, from my studies of group dynamics. Though even one other guy would be great, if he was the right muscle growth buddy for me, and me for him. Not looking to marry you... just GROW with you.

Remember, the ideas below are just fantasies for now. You may have your own fantasies and ideas. Like Obama... if we're willing to find common ground, we can make it happen. Yes We Can.

DIETS and NUTRITION PLANS
We might individually "tailor" the daily household diet based on what each guys current goal is (bulk up, maintain, or cut up). One guy gets two portions, another gets a half portion. We prepare meals together, and support the household in various ways.

For example, we might prep meals in advance if one or more of us have day jobs where it's important to pack three meals (or you won't get enough nutrition to meet the demands of your growing bod).

We'd take turns prepping meals, shopping for groceries, etc. Like sharing utilities, though a bit more complicated, we would share the household grocery bill, working to keep things fair based on food consumption needs for each guy and how much each guy contributes to the household in other ways.

For example, one guy might make a ton of money but works like a dog and never has time to cook or shop for himself. Another guy makes a pittance, but is willing to prep meals and shop for the household in exchange for some solid cuts in the cost of his bodybuilder-sized monthly grocery bill. Both guys get what they need: plenty of serious and nutritional food for muscle growth.

FOOD
Like all bodybuilders, I have developed particular notions about nutrition, based on personal experience. My basic philosophy is that most food that is packaged and processed has lost most of its nutritional value. Many bodybuilding programs focus only on macro nutrients, relying on bodybuilding supplements for their micronutrients. For me, this is ass-backwards. Why seek micronutrients from a bunch of processed pills and powders, when you can get the real thing... and if the real thing works as well, if not actually MUCH BETTER? Why not eat the way nature intended, as much as possible, albeit in much larger quantities?

90%+ of my diet is natural, unprocessed or minimally processed foods. Ok, yes, I do creatine, protein and glutamine powders. But otherwise, the closer to the earth the better. My body is a demonstration of the results of such a diet. I eat meat... but it is grass fed. I drink milk, but it is raw. Believe me, there is a HUGE difference in both, and my body is a living demonstration of these differences.

My food choices, as such, are more expensive than the average person. However, I don't have a huge supplement bill, so it balances out.

I'd love to be in a household open to trying out my diet. That said, I'm willing to go the other way, and try out your ideas, too. Just don't expect me to eat food out of a microwave every day, or cut out all my vegetables. I'm in this not just for a huge body, but a completely healthly one to give me the longest run possible. I've met a 70 year old huge bodybuilder, and he was massive and beautiful (albeit with quite a few wrinkles and gray hairs). So it is possible. I want to be that old bodybuilder one day... but with the rest of the muscle I want coming on much, MUCH sooner than that!

WORKOUTS
Another ideal for me is to live near SF Gold's Gym and/or World Gym, which seem to be where most of the big boys workout here. If elsewhere, I LOVE Gold's Venice... though we'd have to find a way to workout mid-day there, as that's when the big boys workout there. HOT, HOT, HOT, I must tell you. Gotta be a serious gym, regardless of the town, and close to where we would live.

The ideal would be to all get memberships to the same gym, and tend to workout at the same time each day, finding a time that works for all of us. This may require some willingness by some of us to make lifestyle changes.
Those of us who slack off workouts for whatever reason would get called on it by the rest of us, and/or be asked to move out. Serious Bodybuilders Only Need Apply.

ROOMMATES
This fantasy idea of mine is sort of like an ashram for serious bodybuilders, with our God or Guru being Muscle Growth for us all.

Therefore, you should be:
  • Absolutely Serious, even possibly fanatical, about real, living muscle growth -- on your self and/or at least in service to your roommates.
  • Ready to focus your life around this household goal, and to fit the rest of your life into it.
  • Willing to do whatever it takes to get there, and to make sacrifices and lifestyle changes. Raw recruits (no experience with bodybuilding) ok... but know that you'll be on probation so be ready for bootcamp, dude, when you arrive. We'll see if you are serious about getting big, or not.
  • Ready to make at least some changes to schedule, diet, nutrition, and personal habits, etc. in support of the entire household.
  • Ready and willing to pull your weight in the household, with both money and work in various degrees.
  • Ready to work through differences and get through personality conflicts, in service to the greater goal for yourself and the entire household.
  • Be willing to keep common areas of the house clean and useable by all.
I don't want this household to descriminate based on age, race, bodybuilding experience, appearance, religion, or really anything else for that matter -- except for the purpose which is to enhance and support the ongoing muscle growth of the household. What matters is that you be committed to serving and working toward the goals of the household as a whole, and you fully respect the rest of us that do the same.

SUMMARY
Noted, trying to do all the above with people with all sorts of ideas of how they want to live would be difficult. It would take a tremendous amount of flexibility on all of our parts.

But the results might very well be worth it.

Interested in some or all of this? Hit me up if you have any interest: [email protected].

Last edited by monstermusclebe; April 2nd, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: updating my stats and wrapping up the end a bit
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
That is what I call a detailed request

Could I clarify one point please? When you say that you are willing to go anywhere, does that literally mean anywhere (regardless of cost incurred)?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options