The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to HunkyExec's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Growing buffer every day.

HunkyExec is on a distinguished road
Prohormones, anyone?

Just wondering whether any of you are taking prohormones in your quest to grow huge. You know, the legal kind. I realize this may not be the best site to discuss the ins and outs of various kinds of supplements, and there are better places for that out there on the web. Having said that, I've been doing a good amount of research on the subject and have decided to take the plunge, with a cycle of 1-AD and 4-AD to begin next week. So I'd be interested in hearing of others' experiences, good or bad.

What I'd really love to see is someone's inspirational real life story about prohormones leading to dramatic muscle growth! Anyone?

Thanks.

P.S. Once I begin, I'd be happy to share my own results, if anyone's interested.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to OUstud82's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:35 PM

OUstud82
Send a message via AIM to OUstud82 Send a message via Yahoo to OUstud82
I recently tried 1-ad. I was reccomended to take it for 3 months but developed a nasty case of hives after 9 weeks. I had to stop taking it. Overall i gained about 6 pounds.

All i can say is, watch out for the rash. cause it sucks.
  #3   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:20 AM

traveller
I tried 1-AD and some others (names I've since forgotten). They really didn't do anything for me; at most 5 lbs. gained. However, since you've hit 40, you probably can get a prescription for testosterone (a.k.a. hormone replacement therapy [HRT]). IMHO, you'll make better gains off testosterone than any pro-hormone you'll find on the market. The pro-hormones I bought were pricey (but I cannot recall what the exact prices were). My HRT prescription is probably comparably priced if not cheaper with my health insurance.

My $0.02,

Traveller
  #4   Add to HunkyExec's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 02:38 PM

On rashes, food, and hormones....

NINE WEEKS??? Yikes. That sounds like way too long a cycle. 4-6 weeks was the recommended cycle length on bodybuilding.com (where I got a very good price on them BTW), and it's what a couple of friends have advised me to do. I was planning to do just 4 weeks, maybe 5, with a gradual dosage increase. Sorry to hear about the rash, yuck.

I've also been advised that the reason some people make modest or limited gains on prohormones is simply that they don't eat enough during the cycle. I mean, the point is to gain weight after all, right? Muscle tissue doesn't just spring into being of its own accord in response to hormones, it has to come from somewhere!

Re: hormone replacement therapy, I don't think I can just tell my doctor, "Hey, I'm 40, time for some HRT!" LOL, I'm teasing. But the point is, I would think that in order to get a doctor to prescribe HRT, I would have to have some medical condition that HRT would treat, no? My only "condition" is, I want to grow huge! So, I'm not sure that route is the way to go....

Anyway, I'm going to try my 1-AD, 4-AD cycle followed by 6-OXO, eat a lot, and hope for the best. Wish me luck, guys.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:05 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkyExec

Re: hormone replacement therapy, I don't think I can just tell my doctor, "Hey, I'm 40, time for some HRT!" LOL, I'm teasing. But the point is, I would think that in order to get a doctor to prescribe HRT, I would have to have some medical condition that HRT would treat, no? My only "condition" is, I want to grow huge! So, I'm not sure that route is the way to go....

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of having a doctor, if they won't prescribe what you want? Isn't he a well paid professional? Aren't you his customer? I'd just demand it personally, but that's me.
  #6   Add to HunkyExec's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM

Brent, I like your attitude! Wish it was shared by the HMO's!
  #7   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:41 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
a responsible MD...

...will not prescribe"recreational"hormones.however,as with all things;there are plenty of irresponsible MD.'s out there.if you're determined,shop around.
  #8   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 05:45 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Make up some reason why you think you should be tested. Hell, if you can't just say that you saw a special on MSNBC or something that got you freaked out & you want to be tested... I'm sure you have options, and I'm sure you have some selection of doctors. At least I keep hearing about this amazing selection on TV...
  #9   Add to James35's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 06:49 PM

James35
My prohormone experiences...

About 1 1/2 ago, I did a 7 week cycle of just 1-AD. I gained 8 pounds, all lean muscle. I kept all of the gains. This was during the middle of a 'bulking up cycle' where I was already gaining muscle (with some fat) and continued to this after the 1-ad cycle was over. Although 8 lbs does not sound like much, it was much more than I gained over any other 7 week cycle during that 6 month or so time I was focused on gaining muscle, and it came without any fat. I also much stronger in the gym and the guys I worked out with noticed it.
I used Tribulus after the cycle and not 6oxo. The word seemed to be that 6oxo was more effective, but after reading the label, it seemed to have a chemical make-up so similar to a pro hormone, which is what you want your body to get away from in the post recovery time. So I avoided it. I did take saw palmetto while I was on 1-ad to minimize the risk of prostrate problems.
About 4 months later, I tried another cycle. I stopped the cycle after only 3 weeks with no gains as the side effects were too bad. I had no libido and had trouble sleeping. Both these problems had happened the first time but were much worse the 2nd time around.
I think that adding 4ad to the 1ad should remedy the libido issue, but I think other side effects depend upon the individual. I have not tried any prohormones since.
Anyway, that's my story. Hope it may help you or others thinking about this route. Good luck!; let us know what happens.
  #10   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
voice of experience...

with any of that stuff;"natural"or not,try to monitor if it's messing with your HEAD!that's the big danger.
  #11   Add to HunkyExec's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2004, 05:53 PM

Hey James35, thanks for the advice. Your experience seems to validate what I've heard and read elsewhere. I'm starting next Monday and will let folks know how it goes. And I'm getting ahold of some o' that saw palmetto, whatever the hell that is... Plus flax oil or fish oil, which frankly sound a bit like snake oil.....LOL.
  #12   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2004, 11:10 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkyExec

You could have your primary care physician check your testosterone levels if you complain about lessened sexual interest and decreased energy levels. But, if you want enough steroids to grow, you should consider contacting some of the clinics in TX and FL that advertise in muscle magazines like Muscle Development. They can provide sufficient amounts of prescribed steroids to make you a lot bigger, if your body reacts well to the stuff. They require blood tests, but I don't think that will be a difficult test to pass.

My $0.02,

Traveller

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options