The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to 98whitemax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM

98whitemax is on a distinguished road
help on aproaching my goal

ok this is my firat posts as ive been lurking around for info. well i joined b/c im setting a goal for myself. im currently 5'9" and im overweight. not by much but i have a very big gut and some nice size love handles. i currently wiegh 205lbs and my goal is to wiegh 190lbs with lean muscle. i was wondering what would be the best way of me to get started. some ppl tell me to loose whey then bulk up, but i was thinking that it could be done all at once. any input would be greatly aprciated thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Yes it can be done simultaneously, Start with the strengthening your core muscles, abs, lower back, quads. Build your routine around the big 3 exercises Squats, Bench Press and Deadlifts. Get your diet right and you should be able to build muscle while losing fat. Less processed food, more fresh vegetables and lean meat--keep your empty carbohydrates fairly low--don't drink soda or high fructose corn syrup fruit juices they are empty calories and will only make you fat. Diet is probably more important than your training.
  #3   Add to 98whitemax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM

98whitemax is on a distinguished road
thanks for the response the dieting part is the hardest but nothing is impossible when you set your mind to it. i defenitly have to eat healthier to reach my goal.
  #4   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Spooky is on a distinguished road
ROUTINE!!!! Get a routine PRONTO!

Yeah, some routines work better than others... but ANY routine is better than nothing.

I love the StrongLifts 5x5. It is a beginner's strength building routine, and excellent for those just starting off that don't know how to create a plan of their own. Just google it and you will find it.

And of course, the diet. But best thing is just to throw yourself at the routine and follow it to the T. I have a work out buddy that has done it with me for a few weeks now, and because he didn't follow it to the T (too eager to add weights, instead of adding weight incrementally) he doesn't have half of the gains that I got the first month I did it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options