The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Question At The Risk Of Stating Something Un-Popular…

I’d like to comment on the recent postings by maverick630. First off, I always like to see someone express their thoughts and efforts on the Evolution Forum. More importantly, I am fascinated (and sometimes spellbound) by some of the meaningful, artistic and incredibly creative contributions to this board – much of which stems from wonderful stories, artistic endeavors and heartfelt experiences by members. I don’t always get the chance respond to much of what is posted because my life and work keep me at a hectic pace. But I feel a connection to many of the members here in a larger sense as we all attempt to see ourselves as better and “bigger” persons. The camaraderie here is uplifting and supportive. I do not want to detract from this.

That being said, I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding the recent extensive image postings of maverick630. This work is enjoyable. However, is it appropriate to contribute in such a large volume which may significantly impact bandwidth for the moderator? Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not suggesting that we censure a person’s desire to post. Nor do I want to stifle someone’s desire to experiment and develop the morphed form or CGI medium. Indeed, this forum supports that philosophy and I encourage it as well. But I’m wondering if it’s necessary to contribute so much or to perhaps, show some restraint?

The recent postings of kenstaff, LeatherGryphon and BigJoe on the “best pec” thread have all been impressive for a number of reasons not limited to style, context and subject material. But these seem to be controlled image posts that get the message across.

If I’m out of line here, just ignore me. I’ll shut up. I mean no disrespect to any contributor here – especially to maverick630.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Cai's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM

Cai has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cai
Most forums have a set amount of space that people can upload before it comes full, also if the uploads were getting to be to much i'm such the admin would tell us that he's disabling uploads or he'll clear all the recent uploads on the forums...

Also if uploads did become to much you could simply goto a free image hosting site and upload your pictures there, and post the links here. Here are some free image hosting sites:

www.photobucket.com
www.imageshack.com
(search for others on google, theres so many)
  #3   Add to maverick630's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:39 PM

maverick630 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to maverick630 Send a message via Yahoo to maverick630
[color=silver]Thanks for the information. Let me first start off my saying that if I caused any bandwidth or server issues, I am sorry. It wasn’t my intention to do so. It’s just that over the past few days I have been spending quite sometime on my computer creating and morphing picture after picture. I guess I just got on a roll and went with it. I thought people would like coming to the board and seeing a bunch on new pictures and get inspired by them. I understand your point and I won’t be doing it again. I am going to get a photo hosting site and upload the links to the message board or submit 1 or 2 pictures at a time. Again, sorry for any issues I may have caused.fficeffice" />>>[/color]
  #4   Add to BigJoe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:35 PM

BigJoe is on a distinguished road
dont let it stifle ya

I dont condemn the thread's intent but.... I think that this criticism is unnecessary - If you enjoy it- someone else out there likes it - your creativity needs to be applauded not stifled- if you can stand a little feedback from a stranger who does appreciate what your doing and would like to see you improve- cause I like me some good morphin- then just refine them a little- (FYI- my sister and I are both painters and I always tell her that she could be better if she worked a little longer on something but then again- I agonize over my shit and it aint fun- she's sold more than me so what do I know). Free and open discourse- aint it great!?
  #5   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:06 PM
LeatherGryphon

The Internet is a wonderful medium. It is open to anybody who has the equipment access and communication skill. When supported by an accommodating sponsor, as at this site, many who would otherwise never be known, are able to show their desire and talent and voice their opinions to a particular audience.

There is however, as in all successful free media, a point where the sponsor has to begin to curb the input. I've watched this site grow and grow and keep wondering when the bubble will burst and we'll be asked to pay for this luxury, or possibly lose it, or worse, see it degrade into an actively moderated forum. So far we've been fortunate.

This has been for the most part achieved by self-control in our postings. Space and bandwidth at this forum is probably not limitless. I'm relieved to see this subject illuminated again if only to remind us to use this resource like it was fresh water in the desert.

Big images are nice but on the internet they are still a problem. An image 480 pixels high will do quite nicely as a "big" picture, except in a few cases where the additional detail is required. Multiple images of nearly the same subject is redundant, pick one that is most representative. Also, images should be in a compressed format of JPEG usually not much more than "medium" quality level.

As much as I love seeing more and more muscle, I find that small batches of best product impress me the most. If I want to see an entire gallery I'll hunt it down. Yes, let's see what new talent is developing out there. I don't want to stifle creativeness, I've benefited greatly from this forum myself. I just want to make sure it's still around next year too.

This is one of the best forums I've discovered, and despite it's fetish appealing subject matter, has attracted mature, responsible, talented, and gentle people with interesting & sometimes disagreeing but controlled opinions. Count our blessings.
  #6   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Just A Thought

Leather Gryphon -- beautifully expressed. Here, Here.

Maverick. it's not your work. Additionally, there's no reason to apologize. You've done nothing wrong as far as I can tell. Posting images is a big part of what this website is all about and I like seeing people post stuff -- especially when they're excited about discovering a new medium, technique or artistic form. Your excitement was infectious and I enjoyed it. Don't let that go. I want you (and many others) to continue to feel free in this expression. My intent is not to stifle but to realize limitations. As a reminder, BigJoe, it's not about content, it's about volume.

I've seen other great websites fall into a cost-based economy because of the realities of bandwidth. This is one hellavu site. I'd hate to see it become pay-per-view. Think of me being the Evolution Forum's "little voice" in your head that says, "Continue to post images but remember, nothing is free."

Last edited by ARCHEON; October 29th, 2004 at 09:34 PM.
  #7   Add to maverick630's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 08:25 AM

maverick630 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to maverick630 Send a message via Yahoo to maverick630
i would hate for this site to fall into a pay site as well. i am in the process of getting my own web address where i can post large volumes of pics....when i get it up and running, i will just post the links so you can visit when you like.
keep your feed back coming...thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options