The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
Delurking for Hallowe'en

Hey everyone,

I've been reading this forum *forever* and finally decided to register. I wanted to post something relating to how much of an inspiration this board has been, in terms of my workout goals, but it seems that's not unusual

I wanted to post now, though, because I had an exhilirating experience last night. I'm a huge comic fan and several months ago I spent way too much money on a custom Spidey costume. I told myself that being able to dress as Spider-Man for Hallowe'en would be a heck of a way to "reveal" my progress to people who don't know how dedicated I've been to trading fat for muscle mass. Part of my inspiration for hitting the gym every day has been taken from visiting this place, and part of it has been from thinking about how much money I spent on my fancy-ass costume and what a waste it would be if nobody ever saw it.

I went to a party last night and argued against the voice inside my head that told me I'd be doing something stupid. I swore I would be laughed at by everyone, but I eventually suited up (In the interests of full disclosure, I managed a little extra waist-narrowing with the help of an old t-shirt and some duct tape) I went out in public wearing, quite frankly, as little as I've ever worn in front of strangers.

What a night. I thought people would scoff that I used a little mechanical advantage to help with the love-handles... but THAT wasn't the issue. Everyone REALLY thought the suit was PADDED to make me look BIGGER -- THAT was a SHOCK. People felt my pecs, squeezed my arms, rubbed my shoulders, and said they had no idea what I had been hiding under my street clothes. It was, to put it bluntly, amazing... maybe even addictive. Walking up the street on the way home, some guys at a bar yelled "Holy sh*t! It's the real Spidey! The real one!" I've been ordered by my buddies to go with them to "show off" at another party tonight, and I'm totally stoked.

This may make it sound like I'm massive, but I don't think I am. The costume is flattering, in any case. It's just that in my entire life of being picked last for the team and being told to stick to academics, I never thought I'd be the guy people would look at and say "you look hot". I figure many of you, here, would understand that.

It was a good night. Just thought I'd share.... and yes, I'll post a pic from the party once my buddy sends 'em to me.

So -- thanks for the motivation. The BEST part is that I still have a lot of growing to do.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Congratulations Buffling! Thanks for sharing such a great story. Maybe you can start saving up for a Captain America costume next. And after that? The Hulk!
  #3   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Great story! That's what its all about. I'm not massive either, but because I was 165# forever, when people see me at 200# in a tank top or muscle shirt, their comments about me being "buffed up" are great to hear. You go for it, Spider-Man! Can't wait to see those pics.
  #4   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
Buffing, thanks for the inspiring Halloween story! How long have you been working out undercover? It sounds like your hard work is paying off. Congrats and welcome to the forum (officially)!
  #5   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 06:46 PM
LeatherGryphon

Would love to see a photo of "Spidey"
  #6   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2004, 11:42 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffling
... It's just that in my entire life of being picked last for the team and being told to stick to academics, I never thought I'd be the guy people would look at and say "you look hot". I figure many of you, here, would understand that.
So -- thanks for the motivation. The BEST part is that I still have a lot of growing to do.
I can totally relate. I was the last picked for everything in gym class, and the first to be picked on in every school I went to. Now (although I'm still far from huge myself) I get all sorts of compliments. It feels good doesn't it?

You are very welcome for any part of the motivation I may have provided. I think it's important to try your hardest to encourage guys to get huge. I had a bad injury last Summer, and for a couple of weeks I thought I might not be able to work out again. Thankfully, those fears were unfounded. However, it made me realize a few things:
? You never know what can happen to make it where you can never workout again.
? If you don't encourage guys to workout, who will flex for you if you want to see muscle?
? Appreciate what your body can do today, for one day it will fade.

So now I try to encourage guys to do their best, and share what I have achieved. If someone passes me up, instead of getting jealous, I'm happy for them (and for the improved view).

I hope you will become a regular member, and that you will encourage more guys to buff up. I also can't wait to see you in the costume!

The best part of this obsession, is that you can always get bigger, and enjoy every little change!

Thank you for coming out of lurkerdom!
  #7   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolving Jock

Quote:
Originally Posted by claygrant
How long have you been working out undercover? It sounds like your hard work is paying off. Congrats and welcome to the forum (officially)!
Thanks, Clay! I've been exercising off and on for several years, but it wasn't until about a year ago, or thereabouts, that I got serious. I wasn't able to commit to going to the gym for more than six weeks at a stretch before getting disinterested, but that all changed when I started working out with a buddy. He is an ex-powerlifter, and he taught me an awful lot about training properly. The weightlifting has basically become an addiction, at this point, and I love pushing myself.

Friends have generally noticed that I'm getting more "squared off", but since I used to be rather overweight the "trade" has looked kinda subtle. This weekend's partying has been a full reveal. I should get hold of those pics today sometime, btw.

Now the question for the afternoon is... do I suit up to hand candy out to the kiddies?
  #8   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 02:44 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
ohhh... careful there - you don't wanna scare those kiddies too much.

Man - I always thought Toby McGuire (sp?) was too cute to be a true Spiderman. I can't wait to see the pics of the real one.

Congrats on your progress and your great story bro! Please continue to fill us in on your new muscle experiences!!
  #9   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolving Jock

Exclamation A pic, as promised

It's not the best shot, but here ya go... this is how I handed out candy tonight. The kids' reactions were actually really cute, and none of 'em cried or ran off screaming. I think I'll have to dress up -- in some form or another -- every year from now on!

Now... must... resist... urge... to eat... chocolate....
  #10   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 05:46 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffling
I think I'll have to dress up -- in some form or another -- every year from now on!
Oooh, oooh... do the Sub-Mariner next year.
  #11   Add to m1312000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2004, 07:35 PM

m1312000
Are you sure that you are not wearing padding? ...Seriously, you put Tobey to shame. Suprised your costume didn't rip under the stress.

Looking great! Keep up whatever your doing.
  #12   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2004, 12:10 AM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Looks great!

Very nice, buffling.....it definitely looks like you're doing a great job.

Incidentally, for those of you who haven't looked yet, he has a VERY nice website and blog.....definitely some brains AND brawn behind that spandex!
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:36 AM

Great chest & legs! I'm sure the rest of you is just as good, but I really noticed the chest trough the spandex. Congratulations on you great progress.
  #14   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:03 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Looking good there Buffing!
It seems to me that there was a scene in Spiderman2 that would fit your pic with the candy- "Look Spiderman took that guy's pizza!" So now you have taken some kid's candy -LOL!
Seriously, the suit looks excellent and your build really sets it off.
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:12 PM

Yeah, what Otto said, and what were the kids reactions?
  #16   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolving Jock

The kids' reactions made my night. For the most part, they loved it -- I don't think a lot of folks around here dress up to answer the door, let alone dressed as someone a lot of kids idolize. There were a few little ones who just stood still and gaped as Spidey gave 'em candy; some jumped up and down and said things like "MOM! SPIDER-MAN LIVES AT THIS HOUSE!" There were one or two spontaneous renditions of the Spider-Man cartoon theme, too. One of the best reactions came from a kid's parents: one little guy said "Look Dad! Spider-Man!"; the Dad said "Yeah... a really BIG Spider-Man!"

I finally got hold of a pic from the Friday night party. It doesn't show much but it proves that I was out in public, and that I attracted attention from at least one other Spider-Man in the room. Sorry for the odd cropping -- I had to protect a third person's secret identity
  #17   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Is it just me, or is the other Spider Man feeling your delts? I have a feeling you'd better get used to lots of attention!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options