The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to unbreakable's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM

unbreakable is on a distinguished road
Nitric Oxide

I've tried this product before, and before I started seeing results I got massive headachs. Has anybody else had the same problem, and if so is there a way around it?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM

Spooky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable View Post
I've tried this product before, and before I started seeing results I got massive headachs. Has anybody else had the same problem, and if so is there a way around it?
Yes. Stop.

Nitric oxide is already present in your body, and I am aware that it has some pretty essential uses (physiologically) within many parts of the body... but really? As a supplement? What ever happened to good old protein powder? Where do you even get this to be able to take it as a supplement?
  #3   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:02 AM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
Nitric Oxide causes dilation of the arteries to increase blood flow but not just to the muscles. The brain has a fairly substantial network of blood delivery. One major theory of headaches is the swelling of arteries in the brain put pressure on the brain which results in the headache. The throbbing pain comes from the circulation of the blood and the build up of pressure from blood pumping too quickly through the brain.

Many people take Excedrine for headaches. It has caffeine, aspirin and tylenol in it. Caffeine dilates the blood vessels.. oddly enough even though that causes headaches like the nitric oxide Caffeine can relax the vessels enough that pressure and throbbing is reduced. Aspirin thins the blood and tylenol (acetaminophen) takes away the pain.

The problem you will run into is that you are treating the symptoms of nitric oxide (headaches) with more medication. Acetaminophen has been shown to slow or even stop muscle growth.

So that is my winded way of agreeing with the previous poster, either stop taking nitric oxide or try taking less of it.
  #4   Add to xaviermuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM

xaviermuscle is on a distinguished road
Yup good points...Although NO is a great supp for increasing vascularity and obtaining an insane pump during your workout, I have heard of some guys getting headaches. I personally don't but just cut your dose in half and see if that changes anything..Otherwise ditch that product and try a different brand of NO. I like to add some arginine, glutamine, taurine in with some pomegranen(spelling?) juice. It tastes terrible but is a great way I've found to concuct my own version of NO.

*Morphing to a gigantic monsterous muscular giant!!*
  #5   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:14 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
NO2 is not really a good supplement to take, it can cause problems with anyone with any cardiovascular problems and it has no long term effects. Creatine would be a better bet and there are not any negative side effects.
  #6   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Glad to see this thread, I've been seeing all these ads for the stuff and just wasn't sure what to believe.
  #7   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
When I replenished my supply of suppliments last month, I bought a tub of NO2 for the first time, finally deciding to give it a try and see what happens. Well I finished up the tub this week, and my experience as to what it does is...nothing. Complete waste of money in my case. Certainly not something I intend on buying again. Following the recommended dosage, I felt absolutely nothing, and noticed absolutely no effects at all. When I upped the dosage, I got sick, literally. Your experiences may differ of course, but for me, NO2 has proven to just be the latest example of useless snake oil.
  #8   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:12 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2be View Post
When I replenished my supply of suppliments last month, I bought a tub of NO2 for the first time, finally deciding to give it a try and see what happens. Well I finished up the tub this week, and my experience as to what it does is...nothing. Complete waste of money in my case. Certainly not something I intend on buying again. Following the recommended dosage, I felt absolutely nothing, and noticed absolutely no effects at all. When I upped the dosage, I got sick, literally. Your experiences may differ of course, but for me, NO2 has proven to just be the latest example of useless snake oil.
Might I suggest GAT JetFuse NOX. I like the taste it has, not to pricy, and it gives a good pump feeling before your first lift.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #9   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
NO is meant to he a performance enhanced by cuasing vasodilation - the opening of the smaller blood vessels. I tried this stuff, and I dont believe I benefited from it at all. No massive pumps, no enhanced vascularity, no energy boost, at least none that I could detect. However, the side effects were always there. When I used it, I was dizzy, and had tingles all over. Maybe its because Ive always had plenty of cardio with jogging, rowing, and swimming so most of my veins would already be stretched out.

I know that some other people have had positive results with it, no side effects, and an apparent increase in vascular size, but I dont think this stuff is meant for me.
  #10   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:50 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
I'll join the "its useless" crowd. I tried many samples whenever I place an order at bodybuilding .com, and they're always worse then nothing. Gakic was the only exception, but it is SO expensive, one might as well invest in better food.

have 200 grams carbs around your workout, 3/4 before, 1/4 after. have 1.5 scoop of protein 30 minutes before workout. it has been shown to be twice as effective than taking it afterwards. Have 1.5 more scoops after workout. wait 60-90 minutes, resume regular meals. that's the jist of all that I read lately online.
You may try Alpha GPC and GPLC 90 minutes prior to your workout. its supposed to give you that extra rep..
  #11   Add to smithgerry's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:29 AM

smithgerry is on a distinguished road
I am new to all supplements, but i think this product is worth it, used for many good pumps. I just wanted to know that is it use for weight loss also? Thanks for your any input.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options