The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
The Incredibles

Since a lot of you haven't seen the movie yet (which was simply incredible), all I can say right now is Mr. Incredible is teh hotness. Watch him use that big bod of his.

And I wonder what kind of computer-generated muscle movies one can make if he had access to Pixar's resources.
  #2   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
Saw it this afternoon -- and loved it, of course. Mr. Incredible rawks, and the folks at Pixar did the genre right. Now, give LeatherGryphon some of Pixar's software and rendering resources and then see what kinda heroes fall out... yum!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I keep meaning to see it, and will soon. On a technical note, Pixar uses their own Render Man software on G5 workstations, and render on Linux. All of these products are available to the public I think.
  #4   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:08 PM
LeatherGryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffling
Saw it this afternoon -- and loved it, of course. Mr. Incredible rawks, and the folks at Pixar did the genre right. Now, give LeatherGryphon some of Pixar's software and rendering resources and then see what kinda heroes fall out... yum!
Give me 300 million US dollars, and I'll give you a personalized 3D, virtual reality, full body sensation, muscle fantasy of your choice that will knock your rocks off. Be all the man you ever wanted to be! Have all the man you ever dreamed of. You want us to wake you when it's over or just keep it in loop mode till you decide to come out?

Hey, for $300 million I'll try anything.
  #5   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2004, 11:23 PM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
I saw this movie over the weekend. Go see it! Mr. Incredible's legs were too small. I hate how Pixar just followed the stereotypical cartoon male form. But, Mr. Incredible's upper body was huge! When they show him in his workshirt, you can see his biceps bulging through the sleeves. They got this spot on... I wonder if they had some buff guys model for them?
  #6   Add to bluecoolz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 03:15 AM

bluecoolz is on a distinguished road
Singapore has yet to screen The Incredibles in the cinemas... Should be within these 2 weeks... I think it is definitely a movie that I am going to watch... I just love Super strength from man in civilian clothing...
  #7   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:20 AM

mutador
how cool!! since I saw the trailers I'm dying to see that movie! it's not showing here yet.
In regards to Pixar's software I must add Renderman is just the rendering engine, the software they use for animation/modelling is called Marionette. When they do the renders they use a couple thousand processors working in parallell.

I didn't know they used G5 as workstations, and I doubt so!!!!! there are computers with a lot more power than that, like any SGI workstation for instance, or a well equipped PC!

mutador
  #8   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:11 AM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Well if I am not mistaken a Mr. Steve Jobs from Apple probably has a little say into what machines Pixar uses since (once again, if I am not mistaken) he owns a large portion of the company.

Realistically though, you can't just a computer by it's name (PC Vs. Mac Vs whatever) In the end, what really matters is how well software has been crafted for their appropriate medium. With a G5 being consistant across the board there's no doubt whether or not a piece of software will run and at what optimal settings it will need to be configured for. With a PC that's a whole different ball game. But on the flipside PCs have (usually) a wider array of software because of their hardware being so versitile.

Anyways.... back to regularly scheduled thread....
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 10:12 AM

If you want to believe what I've read on the Internet... ;)

I've read a few articles about Pixar, and the used to model on Win NT, then wait over night for a scene to render on their Solaris render-farm. Recently, they have been trying to go to a 2 hour release every 12 months, instead of their old 90 minute release every 18 months schedule. For that they apparently went to Mac OSX (since Mr. Jobs is CEO of both companies, he had Apple write portions of the OS like X-Grid, Core Graphics, Core Video, and Pixlet which was directly named after Pixar...) Their current render farm was set-up in 2002, before the 64 bit G5 was released, however nepotism came into this decision as well, they use Intel's Itanium processors, and Andy Gore is a friend of Mr. Jobs. I don't think SGI has been a major part of the company for many years because of cost, and the fact that they have allowed their technology to age. I've heard they also use a fair amount of outside software, like Alias's Maya. As for Windows, I think that security concerns (Pixar works on their movies for over 2 years each, so they are top secrete for a long time) and age (Win XP dates back to the early part of this century, and SP2 didn't contain any new technologies Pixar would need) have lead to a sharp decline in the numbers of Windows boxes there.

Other bits I've read in interviews are that although Mr. Jobs is the CEO of 2 companies, Pixar is mostly handled by it's president, not Mr. Jobs. Since most of Pixar's software runs on most any UNIX system, many employees are allowed to choose what system they want to work on, but they were asked to tell Apple what would make them switch. So OSX has evolved to be very friendly to Pixar's staff. This isn't far from the same tactic as when Apple asked major software developers for the Mac like Adobe, Microsoft, and Macromedia for input into the first few versions of OSX, and OSX's development tools. Also notice that the same attention to the tiniest detail is evident in Both company's products, from the independent movement of billions of hairs on Sully in Monster's Inc. to the feel of the click-wheel on an iPod.

I need to see The Incredibles on my next day off, the reason is that I've been working nights lately, not that it's at the competitor to my husband's theater. OK that last bit might play a role too...
  #10   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM

mutador
guess I've spoken too quickly! G5 look like great processors, I thought they were old, I expected they'd be in G7 by now. I apologize for talking without researching first...
If Jobs ows the company then it all makes sense...

Main point is, with effort and patience you can make incredible stuff with what you have at home, I don't like when 3d gets too realistic anyway....

mutador
  #11   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutador
guess I've spoken too quickly! G5 look like great processors, I thought they were old, I expected they'd be in G7 by now. I apologize for talking without researching first...
If Jobs ows the company then it all makes sense...

Main point is, with effort and patience you can make incredible stuff with what you have at home, I don't like when 3d gets too realistic anyway....

mutador
Unless things have changed radically in the last few years, most 3D graphics is done with specialized hardware anyway. G5s are nice processors, and SGI has licensed open-GL to MACs (with graphics accelerators), so the world is a perfect place (except politically).

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #12   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
Give me 300 million US dollars, and I'll give you a personalized 3D, virtual reality, full body sensation, muscle fantasy of your choice that will knock your rocks off. Be all the man you ever wanted to be! Have all the man you ever dreamed of. You want us to wake you when it's over or just keep it in loop mode till you decide to come out?

Hey, for $300 million I'll try anything.
Scary thing is...I bet LG could do it! Can you just imagine what that would be like? Whoooaa.
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutador
... G5 look like great processors...
They are, but I still wish they'd say f*ck heat, price, and power consumption, and bolt an Alti-vec engine to a POWER 5.

I'm off tomorrow, maybe I'll go to see Mr. Incredible with his shirt off then? I think I saw a similar sight today: 2 over-weight, yet beef-a-licious dudes were lifting huge poundages at the gym today. Yummy!
  #14   Add to viamanmax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2004, 03:31 PM

viamanmax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to viamanmax
Things have changed. Today most all 3D work for animation is done on PC or MAC.

They are more than capable of doing anything required of them except real time simulations which is what sun, sgi, and ibm aix workstations are used for. The G5 is actuall a chip from the same family as the IBM AIX which will be used in every system from the fastest supercomputer to the XBOX 2.
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM

It's really amazing to think of what the average personal computer, of nearly any flavor, is capable of today. When I think back to the days of 16 bit systems, and even the 8 bit systems of my childhood, and compare them to the capabilities of a modern 64 bit system, it's quite breath-taking. Sort of makes one wonder if Sun & SGI will even be around in a few years? I hope they can come up with some great new innovation, and I'm sure they will. I just wonder what it will be. I'm also curious about IBM/Sony's Cell line that will be introduced with the PS3.
  #16   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
*sigh* I do remember about 1995 being at a computer exhibition and drooling over a $50,000 Silicon Graphics machine....

it's astounding to think that we've already beat that kind of power in today's $2,000 PCs. No doubt.
  #17   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:43 PM

When I think about how lame the early 8 bit systems were, then the change from 16 but to 32 bit systems, I'm very excited to see the 64 bit revolution take hold. I wonder what will develope.
  #18   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
*sigh* I do remember about 1995 being at a computer exhibition and drooling over a $50,000 Silicon Graphics machine....
Been there, done that machine I liked the ad campaign at the time... Silicon Graphics, helping to build a better dinosaur (from Jurassic Park)

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #19   Add to yls824's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2004, 10:17 PM

yls824 has disabled reputation
Guys, I saw The Inrcerdibles today--it was really cute. I had a little trouble trying to figure out what decade they lived in--the house was 1950s "contemporary," yet Bob had a computer on his desk, and the phones were somewhat modern, but no cordless or cells. I guess the anachronisms were done on purpose. Enough of that--even better than the movie was the fact that a REAL Mr. Incredible sat down right next to me! Check tomorrow in the Real Life Experieinces section for my story.
  #20   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2004, 11:29 PM

I also saw The Incredibles tonight, and as hot as Mr. Incredible is, he was nothing compared to the ?ber-hot security guard at the theater. This guy was black, hat a very cute face, bigger muscles than Mr. Incredible, and his lower body was just as buff! I think this is a good-luck movie tonight!
  #21   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 12:24 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I have constantly heard good feedback on "The Incredibles"
Now I'm hearing about beefcakes are showing up to see it too.
I have no choice but to go out and see these studs,-er-uh this movie as soon as possible
  #22   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by yls824
I had a little trouble trying to figure out what decade they lived in--the house was 1950s "contemporary," yet Bob had a computer on his desk, and the phones were somewhat modern, but no cordless or cells.

Saw this movie too and really enjoyed it. Although, I was a bit more fascinated by the use of architecture in some of the sequences. Even down to the furniture used in some of the spaces. I have to agree with most of the comments on this board that the animators got Mr. Incredible's body "spot on." Indeed, some of the sequences showing his chest and arm muscles in motion was particularly impressive. However, it was the choice of architecture and design that suprised me the most. As for the decade and architecture highlighted in this film, someone really did their research. The Incredible's home is a classic "Alexander" home produced on a massive scale during the 1960's in Palm Springs, Ca. Edna's home is a broad interpretation of a Phillip Johnson's "Glass House," and the evil nemesis (aka "side-kick's) island retreat is a take-off of John Lautner's Arango home in Acapulco. Whoever devised the "architectural look" of this animated piece, clearly knows their stuff.
  #23   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 10:44 PM

Yeah, the architecture was incredible, so was the Island, and all the other Bondian touches, as in 1960's James Bond. As with every Pixar movie, even the finest detail was obviously painstakingly researched.
  #24   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2004, 01:04 AM

mutador
I had the chance to watch the movie a couple weeks ago, I think it is really awesome, but I ended up with a feeling of... "damn... this is so pro-familiy", I think it is too much...

Concerning Mr. Incredible, I loved the sequence when he trims down his belly by training... awesome and hot.

The HAIR is awesome, it's like technicias at Pixar are trying to say something to dreamworks "ok, you got that prince waving his hair in Shrek 2, that's fine, but WATCH THIS", they beat their ass... the material of their hero costumes is great too.

Only defects I still find: they didn't manage to create realistic daylight illumination (maybe they didn't want to?). Imho, the biceps bulges in Mr. Incredible arms weren't well solved... even in relaxed position they still look pretty much the same as when the arm is bent. If you are malicious, when he's working at the office he wears a short sleeved shirt that covers JUST that defect.

But anyway they're WAY ahead what I can do with 3dsmax...

mutador
  #25   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 04:21 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I did manage to see the Incredibles back in November and I was very impressed with the detail of the images. The family theme was fine with me, in fact it was spot on with the interactions of family members.
But I think Mr Incredible was a bit underveloped in his lower body. And where is the man's butt? Maybe that's why he was Mr Incredible, his tights should have slipped off repeatedly.
  #26   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:08 AM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
An Incredible Moment

Had a chance to attend the Rose Parade during yesterday's New Year's activities. Mickey Mouse was selected as the Grand Marshall of the parade. This resulted in Disney producing its entire cavalcade of animated celebrities -- Mr. and Mrs. Incredible were prominently included. Man-o-man! Mr. Incredible's muscle suit was unbelievable! Frozone's suit was cool, too. The legs were unbelievably realistic as were the chest and arms. The only thing "fake" looking was his back. The overall stylized heads were an image of the animated cartoon's faces. As we were sitting in the grandstand before the beginning of the parade, Mr. Incredible came up and wished us a Happy New Year. I almost got hard.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options