The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:00 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
calling all brents!

so!you're re-located,you're getting settled,you're working out again....don't we deserve a gym-hunt report?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:13 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Well, I've checked out three 24 Hour Fitness clubs.

W. Rainbow & Alta: Fancy club, lots of amenitties, very close to my apartment, no good equipment. Only went their once.

W. Rainbow & Chyenne: Simple club, lots of eye-candy, good equipment, but no sauna/pool/hot tub area.

4500 block of W. Tropicanna: good club, MOST of the equipment I need, not far off of my way to work, all the needed amenitties. I've been going to this location a lot. Oh, and lots of eye candy, which is a plus.
  #3   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2004, 12:45 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Hmm, sounds like the last one is a winner. They don't happen to have any webcams do they?
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 12th, 2004, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
... They don't happen to have any webcams do they?
I'm still going to try out more clubs, 24 Hour Fitness has 14 clubs in the Las Vegas valley. 13 of which my membership allows me to go to. So I'll keep trying them out, but I do go to the last one a lot. On a side note, 24 Hrs plays FNC a lot, so I might drop my membership & go elsewhere if that doesn't change soon. The clubs (like the ones in Portland) are never clean, and the employees rarely wash their hands after going to the bathroom!?!?!?!?! There are competitors, so I might check a few out.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:05 PM

Summerlyn

So the other day I tried the 24 Hour club up in Summerlyn on Sahara & Buffalo. Lots of great equipment, friendly staff, great amenities, a fair amount of eye-candy, and good music. The only problem is that it's a ways North of me (think 4 miles) which is a longer commute than my work, and in the opposite direction.
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
So the other day I tried the 24 Hour club up in Summerlyn on Sahara & Buffalo. Lots of great equipment, friendly staff, great amenities, a fair amount of eye-candy, and good music. The only problem is that it's a ways North of me (think 4 miles) which is a longer commute than my work, and in the opposite direction.
blatant plug for my company and 24 Hour fitness

If you go to Bodymedia and click on "Strategic Alliances" (top) and then "fitness" (left), you will note that my company works with APEX Fitness. APEX is wholely owned by 24 Hour. If you look under "Products", you can see a description of the pilot system we currently have deployed at several clubs (beta test -- none in Nevada). While it is currently billed as a weight loss system, our next version of the product will have muscle gain and sports fitness options. There's actually a fictionalized version of our armband (wearable computer) product in my story A.I. (As soon as I finish debugging the stupid fitness website, I'm going to start using the system ).

end blatant plug

4 miles? I bike 5 times that much every day! Yeesh!

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
blatant plug for my company and 24 Hour fitness

If you go to Bodymedia and click on "Strategic Alliances" (top) and then "fitness" (left), you will note that my company works with APEX Fitness. APEX is wholely owned by 24 Hour. If you look under "Products", you can see a description of the pilot system we currently have deployed at several clubs (beta test -- none in Nevada). While it is currently billed as a weight loss system, our next version of the product will have muscle gain and sports fitness options. There's actually a fictionalized version of our armband (wearable computer) product in my story A.I. (As soon as I finish debugging the stupid fitness website, I'm going to start using the system ).

end blatant plug

4 miles? I bike 5 times that much every day! Yeesh!
I thought 24 Hour Fitness owned Apex, they certainly hock a lot of Apex products.

As for the 4 miles, in Portland it seemed like everything was less than a mile away. So 4 miles is like crossing the desert forever...
  #8   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:42 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
"suffering competition"

(but,first;happy to hear you're working out again,brentski!)I HAVE TO RIDE THE SUBWAYS FOR 20mins.TO GET TO MY GYM!!!&then there's this fat,older,hairy guy!...i don't know what he dries himself off with,but he never has a towel!....but,worse still!!!....HE'S A REPUBLICAN!!!!!!...(the HORROR!!...the horror!...)
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2004, 11:56 PM

E. Saharah & Eastern

OK, so lock the doors, and roll up the windows, we're headed to the East side of town tonight!

So I know this won't impress people on the East coast, where apparently everyone has a huge ranch, and drives 300 miles each way to work but this club was all the way across town. In fact, I think it wasn't even inside city limits, I think it was past Paradise even. It was like 7 miles from my house, which is a long ways Scott. The neighborhood is sketchy, and there is a giant Harley dealership next-door, which didn't help my opinion of it any. When I got to the door, I could see the whole place was under construction. The up side of that was that it was almost empty, the down side was that the equipment was super-close, in groups, and everything was dusty/dirty. When I got to the front counter, the guy that should have been there was sitting 20 feet away, and didn't want to bother scanning my card. When I got to the changing room, and went to use the urinal, there was a sign reading, "Chewing tobacco is not allowed". (Welcome to Nevada...) There was plenty of equipment, and most of it was free, which was good. The music was a real mixed bag. All in all, it was a fun adventure, but I'm not sure if it was worth the drive.
  #10   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
OWhen I got to the front counter, the guy that should have been there was sitting 20 feet away, and didn't want to bother scanning my card.
<crossthread>

That's one of MY signs of the apocalypse. It REALLY bothers me these days how many people (mostly under the age of 30, but not all) I see every day who seem to be in a job where they feel as though it's ok for them to just sit around and take money all day and that they shouldn't be bothered to actually DO their job.

<rant>

What's the deal with that? Who teaches these people that they're entitled to money and a job without doing any work? I don't get it. It isn't just the "rich kids" anymore either.

When I was IT Director for a $300,000,000/year construction company - it wasn't above me to answer the telephone for 15 minutes while the receptionist went on break if she asked me to do so. It also wasn't above my boss, the CFO of the company and a good friend of mine to take out the trash if it needed to be done. My current boss (also the CFO of THIS company) sorts the mail almost every day.... why? because nobody else wants to and he doesn't mind.

So tell me please why this guy who is paid $10/hr to sit at the front desk of a 24hr fitness in nevada is too good to actually do his job?

*sigh*

sorry - bitch session over. This is one of my biggest pet peeves in life.

</crossthread> </rant>
  #11   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:24 AM

<SARCASM>
EJ's right. Let's get rid of anyone under 30!
</SARCASM>

Yeah, well he probably doesn't make a full $10 and hour, but he still should do what minimal job he has. I mean how hard is it to scan a card, and say "Welcome, Brent"? He was friendly, which I don't expect from a 24 Hr. employee. Maybe that's a sign...
  #12   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 30th, 2005, 07:51 AM

Fitness 19 in North Las Vegas

OK, so my parents belong to this Fitness 19 club, and it's nice. Fairly good equipment, really friendly staff, low prices. There is no wet area (including no showers even!!!) However, it is a good, affordable gym, and it's good for what it is.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options