The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
ricphoenix

Colon cleansing

I have read a couple of pro bodybuilders (mostly Tony Freeman) and have heard strongman and powerlifters talk about the use of colon cleansing as part of their competiton prep. The claim is that due to very high protein diets and supplementation they want to detox themselves and remove any undigested food. Some talked about using colon and liver cleansing kits but others were getting the colon hydro irrigation.

Do you think this works and assists with dieting and nutrient uptake? Could you allow some therapy person to put a tube up your bum to pump you out? (uh...you do NOT have to answer that LOL)

If you had it done, whats up? Did you feel better?

Here is an interesting article about it.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article364.html
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Its a good idea to do a "cleanse" after a prolonged offseason, or before cutting for a contest.
  #3   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Last person I talked to how did that right before he got married tried the oral stuff and lost something like 10-15 pounds....and spent the whole weekend on the toilet as well. I've thought about it, but I rarely have that many days off in a row and when I do I either have plans that minimise toilet time and or can't afford to buy the stuff.
  #4   Add to Paragon88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Paragon88 is on a distinguished road
If you want it done quickly then you should probably go to a professional and colon cleansing is really beneficial because a lot of stuff can get caught and dry up which could add 10-15 lbs. to your body weight
  #5   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Thanks for the response Paragon, I decided against doing it though for the time being.
  #6   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Colon cleansing is total bunk. Most of those kits that do it also put in the stuff that you end up pulling out, to give the illusion of results.
  #7   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:02 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
I Agree With Mad Dog on this one

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]There is a great deal of bunk out there with regards to this subject. The greatest slinger of manure is on infomercials starring a man by the name of "Klee Irwin". He made the statement the late actor John Wayne at the time of his death had some outrageous amount of fecal matter in his lower digestive tract. The quantity that was mentioned was something I took to a friend that was a practicing MD. The MD laughed and stated that the physical volume quoted in that informercial would be impossible.

The main thing that plays havoc with the plumbing are prescription medications. Many pain killers including aspirin can cause constipation and retention.

The FDA has "nailed" Klee Irwin numerous times and he just keeps coming back.

There is even some controversy now regarding the old standby which is Fleet's. There is a law firm currently in litigation against this stating it to be harmful.

If you eat right, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables in addition to your high protein diet you should be just fine. If you feel you must do anything just use simple warm water and do not make a habit of this especially "cleansing" that goes way up high.

Cleaning out the lower bowel may be a good thing before anal sex, but that is kind of where it ends. [/COLOR]
  #8   Add to sharencaster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:19 AM

sharencaster is on a distinguished road
One of the necessary measures for maintaining a clean and healthy internal environment is conducting a colon cleanse. The colon is one continuous hollow tube that is approximately 5 feet long and 2-3 inches in diameter. The colon plays an important role in eliminating the waste and toxic material from the body and absorbs the water and sodium to maintain the electrolyte balance. As one of a vital organ of elimination, the colon is where many nutrients from the foods we digest are broken down and then assimilated into the bloodstream for conversion into the muscle, tissue and fuel.
  #9   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
There is no scientific evidence to support anything anyone has said in this topic.

If you have some, I'd be impressed.

I just had food poisoning and the one thing I can be sure of after 12 hours of it is that my GI system is completely clear and I lost maybe 2lbs. 10 to 20 is ridiculous. The colon only weight four pounds to begin with.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options