The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 01:38 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
This Is It!

registering for Gay Games Chicago&Montreal this month.diet starts tomorrow&(small"s")serious training on thurs.i'm bored to death with myself&my sloppy diet is getting to be a problem.i'm also better at EVERYTHING when i have a goal!i should have pix soon&the ever-lovely Brent has agreed to post them(ground zero won't be pretty)i hope you guys will encourage&goad me!let's turn this mess into something you'd want to see on a stage!FLAB-MAN to GLAM-MAN!!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
registering for Gay Games Chicago&Montreal this month.diet starts tomorrow&(small"s")serious training on thurs.i'm bored to death with myself&my sloppy diet is getting to be a problem.i'm also better at EVERYTHING when i have a goal!i should have pix soon&the ever-lovely Brent has agreed to post them(ground zero won't be pretty)i hope you guys will encourage&goad me!let's turn this mess into something you'd want to see on a stage!FLAB-MAN to GLAM-MAN!!
Best of luck!

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #3   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
Yowza!

Yayyyy Glammaman! You know we're all behind you .... and heck, it's only a 90 minute drive to Montreal, so you know DAMN well I'll be there to cheer you on, cop a feel, ask you to help me move, and make you eat fresh veggies.
  #4   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
YEAH! You Go Gir....l..... er...ummmm.... Boy?!

You Go Gay Person!!

#5   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
YEAH! You Go Gir....l..... er...ummmm.... Boy?!
BY ORDER OF THE SECRET GAY AGENDA...

Be it hereby noted that ethernet jock has special gay dispensation to use the term "you go girl" when talking to gay men.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #6   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 06:03 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
BY ORDER OF THE SECRET GAY AGENDA...
So, does he get a pink card too?

Seriously, we are all proud, and I bet with your muscle-memory, the transformation will be great! *Checking my snail-mail daily again*
  #7   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
So, does he get a pink card too?
I don't think he's ready for pastels, do you?

#8   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
the correct term is...

..."YOU GO,GLAM-THANG!"of course.
  #9   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:55 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Hmmm.....

I think Ether goes with everything....from pastels to puces.

I vote we give him an honorary membership card, blazer badge, and preferred parking....LOL.

Glamma....congratulations.....looking forward to cheering your progress!
  #10   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:29 AM

I like people having honorary cards, that way I can deduct points when they say something stupid like, "I don't like to shop".
  #11   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:49 AM

ethernet_jock
* falls of his chair in an uncontrollable fit of giggling and laughter *

* picks himself up off the floor *

well, alrighty then! I hereby accept this card of the secret and proud homosexual agenda and hide it carefully deep in my wallet so that nobody sees that I have the posession of anything pink in color.

I don't "hate" shopping per se.... but.... I do tend to go with a goal in mind, buy that one thing, and leave. Other times you can catch me browsing the clearance racks or looking and tools and electronics (like the typical guy) but otherwise I'm not a "look down every aisle for something cool" shopper.

Alright alright, I admit it, I do look on ebay for shoes about every 2 or 3 weeks. I have a thing for shoes. It's not that I own a lot of them (maybe 5 pairs) but I love picking up a very cool pair of nikes or adidas in my size (13) on ebay for less than $30.... it makes me feel special. Go figure. So yeah, I admit it, I'm a bisexual shoe shopper.

LOL
  #12   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
I don't "hate" shopping per se.... but.... I do tend to go with a goal in mind, buy that one thing, and leave.
I do the same. My partner tells me, quite emphatically, that this is not shopping but buying.

#13   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
shopping v buying

The old adage:
"Women shop, men buy"

--not necessarily true. If "shopping" is looking around for the best deal (either at the store or before you get there) then buying what you want at the best price, then most people "shop".

If "shopping" is spending literally hours wandering from store to store, trying on clothes, checking stuff out and then, having lunch, and going back to more stores for hours...all without buying anything (!), then, NO, Men don't shop!!

Men "shop" to procure items. Women like to "shop" as a social activity. Guys (secretly) do the same thing--we just calling it "hanging out/going to the store to pick up a few things."

Mdlftr
(who shops with a purpose)
  #14   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:14 PM

Ummmmm.....

I have to admit to being one of those people who cross-compares sizes, brands, and prices, all in the hopes of getting the best deal.

Last week was a prime example. I've got my regular grocery shopping down to a science, as in five minutes in and out....but this time, I had to buy beer, since all my relatives were coming into town (ordinarily I don't drink it). Thirty minutes later........

One more thing that everyone comments on -- I use coupons. I've gotten used to the checkout person saying, "Gee, I've never seen a guy with those before...." Is this a sign of something?
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr
T...
If "shopping" is spending literally hours wandering from store to store, trying on clothes, checking stuff out and then, having lunch, and going back to more stores for hours...all without buying anything (!), then, NO, Men don't shop!!
Um, I do all those things, with other male friends, and I'd like to think we're men... My current fave are floral-print shirts. Or a cute pair of leather boots.

BTW, Nikes & Adidas, even cute ones aren't shoes. They are sneakers, and should not be worn outside of a gym.
  #16   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:36 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
BTW, Nikes & Adidas, even cute ones aren't shoes. They are sneakers, and should not be worn outside of a gym.
ouch..... *sting*

You know, I just bought my very first pair of "business" shoes ever about 5 weeks ago for my new job. LOL Best yet - they're GBX - still somewhat agressive tread and not really considered a "formal" brand. I just can't wear "adult" shoes. I even have an all black pair of Nike's with suede that pass for "business" shoes only because nobody looks close enough to see the little "swish".

So yeah.... I disagree. :P My shoes comprise of: Nike, Adidas, Oakley (yes, they make shoes, cool ones too), Teva, GBX, New Balance (just for running), and Skechers. It works for me. Hrm, I guess that's a few more than 5.

As far as "shopping" goes it looks like there's a more variable definition than I originally thought. I DO almost ALWAYS price shop. If there's 3 types of the same thing in front of me, particularly at the grocery store, I'm the guy who does the quick math dividing price over quantity to find the best deal. I do it every time. I'll take two shirts with the same design an decide if it's worth the $3-5 extra for the 2XL size over the XL size depending on the design of the shirt. I do analyze everything but I always felt like that was the analytical logical thinker in me and had little to do with the joy of shopping.

:P
  #17   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Um, I do all those things, with other male friends, and I'd like to think we're men... My current fave are floral-print shirts. Or a cute pair of leather boots.

Yes, but the key question here is: Do you buy (as in put down money) for those "Cute pair of leather boots"?

If you do, then you are shopping, my friend, guy-style, not girl-["oh, isn't this Just ADORABLE! We've been to 5 stores and tried everything on, stopped for lunch and now we're going to another mall to see another 5 stores, and try on some of the same outfits at those new stores, and then we're stopping at Starbucks, and then we're going to try the new lipstick at the Clinique counter, and then..."]style.

OF course, if you DO actually do all of that, and STILL don't buy anything, you are a girly-shopper! REAL MEN spend money!!

{RAHHH!! Thumps chest, pulls out credit card, lights up dollar bills with a match, lights a big cigar, straddles the world.....}

Meglomaniaical shopper Mdlftr

P.S. I use coupons also and routinely save 10% or more of my bill! [REAL MEN get a deal!]
  #18   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr
OF course, if you DO actually do all of that, and STILL don't buy anything, you are a girly-shopper! REAL MEN spend money!!

{RAHHH!! Thumps chest, pulls out credit card, lights up dollar bills with a match, lights a big cigar, straddles the world.....}
I have bought things before, I mean I can get dressed in the morning. It's just that 95% of the time I return home empty-handed, but I had a get time with friends. One of my main problems is that most stores put the Men's department in a dark corner, in the back of the basement. I hate that. Also, most cute things aren't even made in my size. My friends tell me that I should workout more with a spoon (as in bulimia) than a bench-press.

BTW, don't ever get you lipstick from Clinique. Aveda is much better IMHO.
  #19   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I have bought things before, I mean I can get dressed in the morning. It's just that 95% of the time I return home empty-handed, but I had a get time with friends. One of my main problems is that most stores put the Men's department in a dark corner, in the back of the basement. I hate that. Also, most cute things aren't even made in my size. My friends tell me that I should workout more with a spoon (as in bulimia) than a bench-press.

BTW, don't ever get you lipstick from Clinique. Aveda is much better IMHO.

Agreed about the having a good time with friends--I think girls are much more into the process, as an end in itself than guys are.

RE: sizes. You got that right! I think we send somewhere else on the string about the male models being picked for some tv show: the "standard size" is a 40 Regular, with a size 10-11 C width shoe, so, if you don't meet that, tough!

Lipstick: oh, I dunno, what about Max Factor or Revlon? Pricey, but classic!

Aftershave/cologne: There's a touchy subject! My father-in-law is an "Old Spice" man, My Dad's a "basic soap and water" and I'm a "soap and water with Mennen "sport" speed stick-kind-of-guy! {I have a co-worker, older, ex-military guy, who wears some G-d awful "scent" that his wife must have picked out. It doesn't quite make my eyes water, but...! Too bad the windows in this office don't open! Gasp! Need air!}

BUT THE BURNING QUESTION:

What about those Eurpean-style "wallets/guy handbags/whatever they're called" things that appeared on Seinfeld a few years back? Would any of this forum's readers actually buy/use one?

I saw a guy (European, natch, cause I asked) carrying one in the elevator a few weeks ago. [This is suburban Wash. DC, so maybe we're more "Cosmopolitan" ?] He said it was handy to carry stuff and didn't ruin the line of his pants.

O.k., so maybe I won't go there---would anyone else?

And I'm NOT Counting gym bags when you bring them to the office! (or those two briefcases, or the laptop computer bag with the briefcase...)

Mdlftr
  #20   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:28 PM

LOL....I have to agree with Brent that athletic shoes are only for the gym, but I don't think it's for the same reason.....if I'm in long pants, I'm wearing boots (as in cowboy boots) and in shorts, either sandals or slip on boat shoes. I only have one pair of athletic shoes, and it's the pair that I bought ten years ago for my senior year for varsity tennis..

EJ, if you've never tried them before, Rockport Dres-Sports are great shoes -- basically an athletic shoe sole with formal uppers. I have a pair in black and another in brown, and just love 'em.

And per Md's question.....I wouldn't, and I don't know anyone who would. I do have a nifty black-leather belt pack that I use for traveling overseas and anywhere else where pickpockets are rampant that can be worn like a man-purse....but I like it better on my waist.

And as for cologne....a splash of Stetson, and that's it.
  #21   Add to Wynfrith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM

Wynfrith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Wynfrith
Cool Hmm....

This is a bizarely entertaining thread....
  #22   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:11 AM

ethernet_jock
*snickers*

man-purse....

I'm sorry, but I think even Gay guys look incredibly stupid carrying around a purse. Just my $0.02. The Boulder area (where I was raised) is THE MOST liberal and "open" part of Colorado and there are plenty of guys there who carry man-purses. I was sitting in a restaurant inside a mall with my mom a few months ago near Boulder and a gay guy walked by the window carrying a gucci (sp?) and she expressed her annoyance that the purse he was carrying cost even more than hers! LOL

Anyhow - I just had to comment. Don't hit me with your purse!
  #23   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhunk
or slip on boat shoes.
black-leather belt pack
Dan, please send your boat shoes, and your fanny-pack back to the early 1980's, no return to sender!!!

As for "man-bags", or whatever you want to call them, I've used them since 1991, long before Seinfeld, or whatever other vacuous show had them. I like to read, and you need to constantly have lotion & water on you when you live in the desert. As for the topic of cologne, I'm highly allergic, so I get deodorant with a nice, light sent. It's getting hard to find good deodorant because most Americans prefer antiperspirant, but I hate that crap, and only use deodorant...
  #24   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:51 PM

LOL....the scary part, now that I think about it, is that those shoes and the pack ARE from the 80s....I've had them since I was 14!
  #25   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:14 PM

ethernet_jock
wbhunk - thanks for the recomendation on the shoes BTW... I will take that into consideration next time I need some.

#26   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhunk
LOL....the scary part, now that I think about it, is that those shoes and the pack ARE from the 80s....I've had them since I was 14!
Yeah, I think it's time you gave them a retirement party, and let them rest then. 17 years is a long time for shoes.
  #27   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2004, 01:03 PM
LeatherGryphon

Oh m'god, they're like talking fashion again. This is so rad.

Oh, come on you silly boys, let's talk hair again this is so fun. (as wrist dangles limply :-)

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; December 4th, 2004 at 01:06 PM.
  #28   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2004, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
let's talk hair again
Great idea! I'm bored with mine, and I've been thinking of trying something new. Any ideas?
  #29   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:57 PM

ethernet_jock
#3 shaver - all over. #2 or #1 on the sides too if you're feeling creative.

Easy to maintain, cool breezes in the summertime, tough guy look a major + with the ladies (and the bois), and nothing hides a receeding hairline better.

Or.... maybe that's just for me.
  #30   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:42 AM

Well, I don't have a receding hairline, yet, but I do have a fancy new scar on top of my head to show-off! If there's one thing the bois like, it's a cool new scar!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options