Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Ogrebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 03:33 AM

Ogrebear
Posing Trunks

Hullo again.

I was wandering through my collection of muscle pics and the thing that jumped out at me is how posing trunks have shrunk and shruink over the years, this is obviously partly as society has changed, and as defination has got better?.

I was wondering how far this could go- what are the rules on posing trunks? How skimpy can they get? Is there any rules?

Nudity I'd imagine is well out but what about trunks that are nothing but thong like bits of string? or even engineeered backless stuff etc etc?

Also is it me or have bodybuilder packages got smaller over the years?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
I think I remember a survey that which asked bodybuilders if they would continue to compete if the competitions were held in the nude and most answered that they would.

It seems to me that somewhere in the eighties the suits started being cut to better show off the striations in the glutes and they just started to get smaller from there.

As far as the 'packages' go, I would imagine that it is a combination of steroid use -- some of which can shrink the testicles over time -- and that as bodybuilders have gotten bigger the rest of their parts seem smaller.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 06:59 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I've noticed the briefs getting, er, briefer too. I haven't watched package sizes over the years, but as my mother always says, "it's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it."
  #4   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
posing shrunks

thongs are forbidden,but they don't seem to mind if they ride up your ass.as above,smaller"packages"are a combination of testicular shrinkage&the fact that nothing looks big between 2 36"thighs.(&those backstage areas are COLD!)
  #5   Add to collegemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM

collegemuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to collegemuscle Send a message via Yahoo to collegemuscle
I agree with glamman on the "package" comment. It is hard to fathom how big some bodybuilders really are unless you see them in person. Even the most well hung bodybuilder can appear to have a small package depending on how big his thighs and abdomen are. I've competed a few times, and have been questioned on whether I take steroids or not, that question is usually followed by, "hey, does it, you know, shrink?" lol, i simply say "no" to both questions. What is really scary is that some people think working out in general will make it shrink. Will somebody help me educate these people! ...Yes, the testicles may shrink slightly while on steroids. This is because your body is getting testosterone from an outside source, so the testes lower their production to keep the body's hormone levels as normal as possible. However, once off the drugs, the testes return to their previous size. Back to the original question about posers.. I think that the reason the getting "smaller" is due to what bodybuilders are able to do to themselves now. Such as striated glutes. This was very rare until a few years ago, now everybody wants them and of course they want to show it off when they get them. Also, society has become more acceptable of the sport and what it is trying to accomplish, it's a sport about the body and mind in a way that no other sport is. The competitor is his own team and has worked hard to develope him/herself, and you should be able to see at least as much of the body as possible. As for myself, I would not want to pose nude on stage, I think the crowds that bodybuilders want to have will decrease and other will come to watch for the wrong reasons. Personally, I feel my legs look better without a third on in between distracting the judges.
  #6   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
I agree with Glamma and College....a big part of the reason for "package disparity" is simply proportion -- big thighs make it look smaller. I also think it is better to keep something on, rather than nothing at all, but have no problem with showing off the maximum one can.

I would also add, though, that testicular shrinkage due to AAS use can be a continuing factor. College is right that once you cease usage, the testicles do tend to rebound; however, in today's bodybuilding world, as people have gotten better with pharmacology and test-beating, more and more people are merely manipulating dosages, not cycling off.
  #7   Add to Ogrebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:06 AM

Ogrebear
Trunk rules

I was wandering around the IFBB site and cant find any hard or fast rules on posing trunks- the offical pro rules are a little 'open to interpretation' is there anything solid in place or are competitors guided by common scence and what everyone else is doing?
  #8   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2005, 05:37 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
When I have seen pics of nude big guys on vids and pics online there definitely seem to be quite a few with "very little" down there - both dick and balls. Although I see the point about the relative size issue regarding big legs nearby making it look small.

I think most people look better with at least posers on. Very few people look good naked even big bodybuilders on a harshly lit stage.
  #9   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:25 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I believe thongs are forbidden by the rules, though it seems ridiculous when the trunks ride up the crack anyway.

I'm not sure I agree about packages looking smaller only because the men are bigger. Levrone is pretty damn big, as is Titus, and those guys sure don't look small "down there." I've also noticed that, the younger the bodybuilder, the bigger the package, and some of those teens are huge nowadays. I really think it is about testicular shrinkage. The size of the testicles has a lot to do with how big a bulge one makes. Teens haven't been using roids long enough (or sometimes at all) to have had much effect on their ball size yet. Most of the monsters who reach the pro level haven't taken a significant break from roids for many years, and their nuts are barely visible.

I'm surprised most BBs said they would still compete if competitions were in the nude. I think that is just bravado talking, and in fact, only the guys who are really hung would show up. Imagine how humiliating it would be for some huge guy to have to stand there with a tiny dick, while some much smaller guy had a salami between his legs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options