The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to beefboy1978's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:49 PM

beefboy1978 is on a distinguished road
Size of my third leg

Guys, ever since I was a small kid, muscleguys were a big turn on for me. Just looking at pictures of muscle always increased the size of my third leg - being so young wasn't sure what to do. How old were you all when you knew you were hooked on muscle - what were your early experiences?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:04 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Age 13, puberty, and my Incredible Hulk comics.

Explains a lot, doesn't it?
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:32 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
11,maybe a bit older,...

...there was a Superman comic"irresistable force vs.immovable object"(supes vs.a same-size alien.turned out to be a robot)i had it memorized.the rest is history
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 06:53 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
About 4, I think we've had this topic a few times already.
  #5   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:00 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
yeah, in one way or another I know we've discussed this....

earliest I remember getting "turned on" by muscle... probably age 11 or 12 watching Arnold in one of his earlier movies... like the first Predator or something like that.
  #6   Add to wrestlejock646's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 02:42 AM

wrestlejock646 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wrestlejock646
Earliest?

Not sure of the earliest moment, but I do remember sending off for the Universal Bodybuilding course and supplements that were advertised in the back of "Boys Life" magazine when I was 12 or 13. Loads of pictures and workout programs used by big bodybuilders of the time. The protein supplement tasted horrible--exactly like paste. The attraction and desire to get built never left though.
  #7   Add to Max Mann's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 05:02 AM

Max Mann is on a distinguished road
I still remember the first "Wow!" moment. About 13 years old, watching a Mr. Universe competition on "CBS Sports Spectacular" which Mike Mentzer won. Being so skinny, seeing those big muscles fascinated me and created a lifelong admiration/lust of bodybuilders. Now I am determined to get my body into the shape I've always fantasized about.
  #8   Add to Voyager's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 12:42 PM

Voyager is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Voyager
I remember an old black and white episode of Gilligan's Island where Denny Miller guest starred. He was supposed to be this kind of jungle guy and would pose and flex for the ladies. I was hooked then and still am.
  #9   Add to built_spill's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM

built_spill is on a distinguished road
Definitely Hulk comics, around 8 or so. Then, bodybuilding contests on ESPN. I remember playing in my room, pretending to get big, stretching out clothes. When the -ahem- other growth started coming along, it freaked me out a little.
  #10   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM

RyBearATL
About age 10-13. Bodybuilding contests on TV & magazines. I snuck both in behind my parents backs. I didn't want them to know, although I didn't know why.

-R
  #11   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I was probably about 9 or 10. I think my first time had to be the comic books- loved to gawk at the front/ back cover muscle ads.
I also just saw the Gilligan's Island episode again a few weeks ago with Denny Miller, he was buffed and his glutes were amazing in those tight white jeans!
  #12   Add to mikeinbn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2005, 09:26 PM

mikeinbn has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to mikeinbn Send a message via MSN to mikeinbn Send a message via Yahoo to mikeinbn
dude, i grew up with he-man and the masters of the universe. big, muscle-y guys running around in almost no clothing...yum. i think that's what got me hooked, even though i was too young to really be aware of those feelings.
  #13   Add to AngryLeek's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 01:41 AM
reticent lunatic

AngryLeek has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to AngryLeek Send a message via MSN to AngryLeek Send a message via Yahoo to AngryLeek
Alright I'll play

I can remember always being fascinated like everyone else has said. Cartoons & comics were the first & most prevalent sources of inspiration. Should anyone be surprised that I have contributed & collected so many animated clips

This is the interesting part, while musing on this question to try to recall the earliest sight realistic or drawn, I suddenly remembered an earlier sign of my infatuation/obsession - some superman bed sheets.

I can't recall my age, but I picture it happening during the range of 4 - 6 years old. Anyway, these sheets pictured Superman, early 80's art boardering on over-muscled i suppose, flying off powerfully in his classic fist forward sweep. He was drawn with very defined muscles pushed through his costume - 8 pack abs, burgeoning chest, broad & thick shoulders, one arm bent into a mountainous bicep ball w/ tricep, the other putting forward a bowling-pin forearm. Well, I clearly remember gazing into the image & wishing to either have muscles like him or to be rescued by him & probably see/feel what it'd be like to be in his grasp. Makes sense since I was the youngest, the most picked-on, the whiniest, the flaquito, etc., Not that my childhood was traumatic - I was very sheltered & looked-after by my siblings and parents. I just wanted to get across the sense of always feeling like the weakest or most helpless. That may inspire efforts to compensate in some, but i'm digressing (& i'm not such a case, heh)

There never seemed to be anything dirty about it, so i'm sure i never felt ashamed about it. On the other hand, i never brought it up to anyone before like I would hide any attraction to muscle growth or muscular bodies.
  #14   Add to slaphappystanly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:16 AM

slaphappystanly has disabled reputation
I had the superman quilt-cover when i was about 9/10. Probably the same image. I remember the magnificent obliques he had inside the flared lats. that quilt got a lot of use. lol
  #15   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
For me, I think I can trace my interest in muscles back to the second grade of school, when my male classmates would hold "who has his the biggest muscle" contests, referring to the biceps of course. I never attempted to compete in those displays, I knew I had nothing to show off, but I do remember looking on in interest and thinking that some day I'll have muscles too.

As far as the muscle growth fetish is concerned, I can pinpoint that with absolute accuracy. Early puberty, and watching Saturday morning cartoons, and that famous milk commercial where the kid in the green shirt mentions the benefits of milk, including it being good for his muscles, and at that, his body balloons one muscle group at a time into a bodybuilder-like physique. Well I remember seeing that, and feeling my own "growth" going on, and while I was too young then to know exactly what was going on, I did know that I liked it!
  #16   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:42 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
I totally remember that commercial (milk growth)!! I - too - loved that one. And I also loved the one that shows the kid sitting on the lockerroom bench drinking milk as he's growing up and talking about the benefits of milk it's like an age/growth/morph as his voice deepens and his body gets that awesome jock look.
  #17   Add to charliepanayi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:52 AM

charliepanayi
Send a message via MSN to charliepanayi Send a message via Yahoo to charliepanayi
About age 13, my first exposure to muscle magazines etc mainly.
  #18   Add to beefboy1978's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:48 AM

beefboy1978 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for your responses. I'm new to this board, so sorry if this topic has been discussed before. But thus far, the responses are very interesting.

My earliest experiences was when I was only 5 or 6 years old -- I remember looking at a scouting mag articles on physical fitness for young boys. For some reason that I didn't understand at the time I pop the biggest (ok, all of 2.5 inches) borner looking at the pics of well built young men. And as they say the rest is history - been popping borners ever since. Any others out there with similar tales to tell?
  #19   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:54 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I remember as a kid I had a book for kids about "giants"...they talked about Paul Bunyun, etc, and that book really interested me in way I couldn't explain. i never though much of getting hard or pleasuring myself, until one time in like 6th grade and I sort of freaked out about what was happening to me. I always loved the World Strongest Man competitions they had on ESPN too...I still do
  #20   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Uncanny how so many of us had exactly the same sort of experiences that sparked an interest in muscle growth. I remember marking the Incredible Hulk in my Gran's Radio Times (equivalent to TV Guide) and being allowed to watch it unlike at home where my parents never watched the "commercial channels" and instead watched BBC.

I also remember seeing a muscle magazine when I was about 11 in a shop window in Blackpool (like an English version of Atlantic City) and wanting so badly to buy it but not having the courage to do so. During my early teen years I used to by various muscle mags but used to go a certain newsagents that did not get too fussy who read what and read them there.

Besides Pumping Iron (which my Dad stopped me watching half way through) I don't remember much muscle related TV during the rest of my teen years.
  #21   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Early experiences..

I remember my older brother and his friends lifting weights in our basement/garage. This was late 1960s. He had one friend that did compete in a show or two. The friend was awesome-wide, flaring lats, big arms, pecs and legs, and STRONG! He could mow a hill side with an old gas lawnmower with one arm! Up and down the hillside he went, just bending and flexing that arm!

I can still remember how impressed I was! Then, someone thumped him with their fist on his bare sweaty chest and his pec muscle made a solid, meaty "thwack" sound! Whoa!

After that, Mike Mentzer, and later, Ah-nuld and his movies. Oh, and the early "Hercules" cartoon with the Johhnny Nash theme song: "Standing there with pride...blah blah ...Hercules!"

O.k., back to the real world!

Mdlftr
  #22   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2005, 12:59 AM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
TV wrestling from age 8 and up...

This was wrestling in the 70s-early 80s, and there weren't as many huge guys as there are today, but there were some good ones.

Ivan Putski was probably my all-time favorite. He was built like a tank, HUGE shoulders and would always hit crab-most-muscular shots. Other men were Paul Orndorf, early Hulk Hogan, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse the Body Ventura, Lex Luger...
  #23   Add to muscleUP2me's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:52 PM

muscleUP2me has disabled reputation
Hiya... to quote from a previous post of mine (and then add something new):

A very potent moment in my life was watching the Sonny & Cher Show when I was five or six (?). There were two lines of flexing musclemen on pedestals. My mom was expressing her amazement, and I said "Oh, those muscles aren't real." Everyone admonished me quickly, "oh yes they are!" My gaze returned back to the black and white TV set, my eyes A LOT wider as I absorbed the awesome site of literally unbelievable muscle!

This defining moment is one main reason I believe that I am gay! I was so awestruck by the sight of these muscle men, that I craved more, and that desire continues today unabated...

The rest of the post can be found at:
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...=7619#post7619

Another pivotal moment was watching "Pumping Iron" on PBS, but this time with only my parents. I was in total awe, and my father, probably seeing how enthralled I was, asked if I wanted to be big like those bodybuilders when I grow up. I wanted so much to shout out "Yes!" Or more accurately, "I want to be WITH them, next to them, I want to feel them!" But I knew this meant that I was different, and I knew that boys shouldn't like men in that way, so I lied "Aw, no. Not really."

I wonder how my life would have changed if I had said "Yes" and my father had bought a weight set for me...SIGH.
  #24   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2005, 08:15 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleUP2me
...and my father, probably seeing how enthralled I was, asked if I wanted to be big like those bodybuilders when I grow up. I wanted so much to shout out "Yes!" Or more accurately, "I want to be WITH them, next to them, I want to feel them!" But I knew this meant that I was different, and I knew that boys shouldn't like men in that way, so I lied "Aw, no. Not really."

I wonder how my life would have changed if I had said "Yes" and my father had bought a weight set for me...SIGH.
Interesting, I remember being shy and, frankly, somewhat ashamed of my desire to be big when I was younger. It also seems to be rare to find anyone who also expresses an interst in getting bigger -- even when talking to others who obviously work out it's rare to hear anyone express that getting bigger is a desirable "side effect" of lifting!
  #25   Add to greeneear88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Artist of Muscle and Such

greeneear88
Send a message via Yahoo to greeneear88
Batman & Batman Beyond

I remember the Bane episodes from when i was 13, the muscles growing instantly made me hard.

Then the "Slapper" episode from Batmon Beyone...waaay hot for me..minus the venom part!

3XL= Way too small
  #26   Add to rlcmuddy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:50 AM

rlcmuddy is on a distinguished road
My first attention to muscle was when I was about 7. The neighbor boys were in high school and were naturally well built. I can remember the arms on one that had veins in the forearm and a bicep vein that wouldn't quit. And he was all of 15 or 16. From then on I wanted muscles.
  #27   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
My interest and attraction for muscle actually came quite late, though I was attracted to boys in school and then men as I grew older. But my attraction to muscle came when I was in my 30s. I started getting interested in working out and buying muscle mags. M&F was probably the first. Then Exercise For Men Only. I was hooked.
  #28   Add to B.R. Johnson's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:46 PM

B.R. Johnson is on a distinguished road
Hey,
My first time was when I was about 14 and at recess in school I am reading this comic and in the back of a Superman Comic there was this photo of a young guy named Jim Norman. He was flexing this HUGE ROUND Ball of a biceps and I found it very stimulating.

So I go into the bathroom and start doing Chins on the bar between the stalls to pump my skinny bi's up and the stall door closes and I am watching my arms pumping as I chin and the door rubbs on my body getting me all turned on so then I think Hard - Turned On - Muscle - Biceps it all came togather then if you know what i mean!

Now I am much older and still working out and still into some big hard peaked arms Mine and others!
BR.J

Last edited by B.R. Johnson; June 13th, 2005 at 01:49 PM.
  #29   Add to MikeyH's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM

MikeyH is on a distinguished road
My interest came when I must've been around 10 or 11 and was down to a friend who I used to hang out with a lot. I was pretty big for my age - stronger than most of my friends at school and at least able to compete with even bigger kids in the strength stakes.

Yet back home this friend used to mangle me and throw me around with total ease when we used to get into playfighting. Even though I was taller, heavier and more than a year older than him, I had nothing against this kid and could never understand it. Instead I'd always get overpowered and forced to submit in some hold or other with apparently little effort on his part.

It was only when I was about that age I really noticed that he was massively more built than me...and any other kid I knew - really big and defined biceps that totally dwarfed my arms, clearly defined pecs and a six-pack stomach that actually bulged out with muscle. I'd literally never seen anything like it.

The nearest comparison I could use is to say he had a body that looked just like a boxer's - trained to a lean, defined peak. Yet he can't have been doing any weights...not at that age. And I never saw any around his house. But suddenly it was no surprise I couldn't compete with him in the strength stakes.

So I suppose it was the stark difference in build between us and the power that gave him in the many playfights we got into over the years growing up. Being a bit of a 'tough guy' at school I guess at home I was fascinated by the build that enabled my younger friend to make me look and feel totally puny.

I might write more sometime about some of those experiences and changes as we both grew up. Needless to say, starting from that physical point, my friend did some serious bulking up over the years.
  #30   Add to harleyxr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
harleyxr

harleyxr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinbn
dude, i grew up with he-man and the masters of the universe. big, muscle-y guys running around in almost no clothing...yum. i think that's what got me hooked, even though i was too young to really be aware of those feelings.
Oh yeah! he-man was hot. It HAD to be created by a gay guy, I mean it was the most homo-erotic cartoon ever. Some parents wouldn't let their kids watch it.

For me it was mostly wrestling though. The TV stuff is hot, the guys are so extreme. I LOVE greco-roman college wrestlers though. The big ones especially. Young college guys at their absolute peak (most of the big ones get fat later).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options