Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to seo.tenma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Tenma Seo

seo.tenma is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to seo.tenma
Any doctor in here?

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there is any endocrinologist in this forum. All doctors I know will oppose to the use of anabolic steroids. "Do not harm" of course is the first rule but what if someone with the right training and into bodybuilding could help others to grow big time?

I have read many bodybuilding forums and everything seems to be experimental. Everything is trial and error. Testosterone is a powerful hormone but also there are many side effects. It would be ideal to use steroids under the supervision of someone knowledgeable. Someone who could tell you what to do and what to avoid depending on your OWN particular physiology.

I guess that there should be doctors in this area, particuarly in competitive pro ranks.

Does anyone here know of someone or even better, IS that person?

Cheers,

Tenma
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to DragoniteXY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Next door guy

DragoniteXY is on a distinguished road
Quick answer - it's different for everyone because steroid hormones bind to DNA and alter the synthesis of regulatory proteins. So, testo might have worked for me, but it might not work the same for you - if I had great gains and no acne, you might get small gains and, dunno, be nervous all the time.
3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality.
  #3   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
Let me put it this way. Those who NEED testosterone (anabolic steroids) are given them by doctors and monitored appropriately. They for the most part have the same side effects as someone who does NOT need them. However, the "harm" in the medical view comes from you taking the medication when you don't need it and suffering the side effects. Will you be better off or worse than the person who needs them? Most likely not.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself and develop a professional level knowledge about what you will be taking. Having a doctor to monitor your labs is only a small part of the equation.

What you can do is find a sports medicine doctor, tell him you take steroids and want the appropriate labs to make sure you stay healthy. He/she should provide the labs and if they are a true professional will reserve subjective judgment of your decision to provide good medical care.
  #4   Add to seo.tenma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Tenma Seo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
Let me put it this way. Those who NEED testosterone (anabolic steroids) are given them by doctors and monitored appropriately. They for the most part have the same side effects as someone who does NOT need them. However, the "harm" in the medical view comes from you taking the medication when you don't need it and suffering the side effects. Will you be better off or worse than the person who needs them? Most likely not.
Agreed.

Quote:
The best thing you can do is educate yourself and develop a professional level knowledge about what you will be taking. Having a doctor to monitor your labs is only a small part of the equation.
Well, I would say that that is the thing. I know that I am playing devil's advocate here but... how do you know that your knowledge is enough to treat yourself? My point is, if you had the opportunity to work hand in hand with an endocrinologist who not only checks your numbers but also can work based on your own metabolism, wouldn't that be safer and more productive?

Quote:
What you can do is find a sports medicine doctor, tell him you take steroids and want the appropriate labs to make sure you stay healthy. He/she should provide the labs and if they are a true professional will reserve subjective judgment of your decision to provide good medical care.
Agreed. I am just not sure if they telling you not to play with your hormones is subjective or not...
  #5   Add to seo.tenma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Tenma Seo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteXY View Post
Quick answer - it's different for everyone because steroid hormones bind to DNA and alter the synthesis of regulatory proteins. So, testo might have worked for me, but it might not work the same for you - if I had great gains and no acne, you might get small gains and, dunno, be nervous all the time.
Ok. I understand what you are saying. It is different for everybody. My hypothetical case is that you could maximize the use of steroids if there is a doctor following what you are doing. Wouldn't that be great?
  #6   Add to ActionBastard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:42 PM

ActionBastard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo.tenma View Post
Ok. I understand what you are saying. It is different for everybody. My hypothetical case is that you could maximize the use of steroids if there is a doctor following what you are doing. Wouldn't that be great?
You mean like if you were on the US Olympic team and you had a dozen world class doctors and trainers attacking every aspect of your training, diet and recovery? Yeah that would be nice.

However, your neighborhood endo probably isn't a dietician, or athlete, or have a sports background. In fact, because it's illegal, I'd bet their knowledge of steroids for performance is probably limited. Even if you found one willing to help I would be surprised if he was good for much other than writing a prescription and checking and interpreting your hormone profile, and you can do the latter yourself.

The bottom line is that even the most basic cycle, 500mg of test a week, is exponentially greater than your bodies natural production and you will grow. The best results are going to come from what they always come from, diet, training and recovery. Which is why users preach that you should be naturally advanced before you start.

It's not like there is some magic number on your hormone profile that's going to make you gain pounds of muscle in minutes, so no, I don't think the supervision of a doctor, endo or not, is going to be all that useful.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options