Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:02 AM

traveller
Cologne Hotels: Any recommendations for 2010 Gay Games this summer?

I plan to compete in powerlifting (held at M?ngersdorf Sportpark) during the 2010 Gay Games in Cologne this summer. Does anyone recommend any pleasant, clean hotels with a pool and a gym that are near public transit? My ideal hotel would be located near the gay area(s), and where some of the Gay Games festivities will be held as well near a good bodybuilding gym.

Thanks for your help,

--traveller
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
I plan to compete in powerlifting (held at M?ngersdorf Sportpark) during the 2010 Gay Games in Cologne this summer. Does anyone recommend any pleasant, clean hotels with a pool and a gym that are near public transit? My ideal hotel would be located near the gay area(s), and where some of the Gay Games festivities will be held as well near a good bodybuilding gym.

Thanks for your help,

--traveller
Hey Traveller,

I used to live out in Wiesbaden and used to travel up to K?ln on a regular basis... was a cheap and easy train ride. My favorite hotel is far out of the way for what you are looking for (NH K?ln City)... but its sister hotel at the Mediapark is just as nice. The K?lner Mediapark is also a bit away from the city center and from the Rheinenergie-Stadion complex, but the U-bahn is a 7 minute walk away and gets you everywhere. I remember they had a small fitness center in the hotel, but there was a big gym across the street. Don't remember a pool, but the gym across the way had a very nice one. Here is a link to that hotel.
http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotel...?action=search

As for finding a hotel closer to the Stadion Complex... I don't remember seeing any big ones out there that would have a gym or a pool. I would recommend just finding something near a U-bahn station since the complex itself has its own U-Bahn.

Good luck and have fun out in the Deutschland.
  #3   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2 View Post
...The K?lner Mediapark ... there was a big gym across the street. Don't remember a pool, but the gym across the way had a very nice one.
This hotel fits my list of room and amenities requirements except for being a bit out of the way in relation to the gay areas. I bookmarked the hotel web site. That gym you mentioned could be Holmes Place Health Club which looks ?ber modern. So far I haven't found a bodybuilding gym in the city.

Vielen Dank!

--traveller

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode