The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:00 PM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
Hand Pain

wasnt exactly sure where to put this post but here sounded pretty good. Whenever im lifting, if i ever have to stop in the middle of a set, its always because of this bad ass pain in all the joins in my fingers. Does anyone know why this happens? i have lifting gloves but it happens with or without them. Its rather anoying that i cant finish my sets because of my fingers. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreaciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 14th, 2005, 08:44 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
it is possible...

to bruise bones almost anywhere;&definitely in your hands.i've seen guys use rubber sponges as grips.might that help?&make sure your grip is not so loose that the bar is"rolling"over your joints.

Last edited by glammaman2000; January 14th, 2005 at 08:47 PM.
  #3   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:51 PM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
no its just from tightly grasping the weight so i dont drop it, it kind of feels like arthritis or something, wondering if i should see someone about it?
  #4   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
MT,

I realize I'm not in your category of lifting (altho I'm getting there), but sometimes I will seem to strain one of my hands during lifting. I'm not sure if this is the same aspect as to what you're referring because it never hurts enough WHILE lifting to actually stop and discontinue my workout, but it does usually hurt quite a bit afterwards and sometimes for several days. In my case I think it's also associated with my job (computer geek) and excess typing in bad posture along with working out.

Regardless - it hurts like a deep sort of throbbing usually actually IN my palm and following into some or most of my fingers. It feels like an over-work strain and that's generally how I treat it. Rest - advil - maybe a little heat if it's really bad. It always heals and I end up back in full form in 2-3 days as long as I treat it right. If I don't treat it right then it can take me down for over a week. I've never really seeked advice on this problem but it sounds a lot like mine and I'm wondering if anyone else has input as well. It also seems to be impactive when I'm driving and steering one-handed for over a continuous hour or so...... the hand doing the steering starts to hurt in the same way after that hour. Tossing my son around with one hand (something I'm fairly fond of doing because it usually gets some astonished looks from a given audience) also seems to make it worse if it's already injured...... he's about 32lbs but gripping him in such a way that I can throw him about (makes him laugh like crazy) and not hurt him I think is the challenge in that.

I hope that gives you something! Thanks!!

Last edited by ethernet_jock; January 18th, 2005 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options