The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2005, 09:17 PM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
steve kuclo, 18 yr old

finally figured out how to add photo attachments to this site so figure me if I become a little overzealous.

here are some pics I tried to add to an early thread,
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
You look really ripped! Keep up the good work! You're going to be incredibly huge in a few years. cutlerfan
  #3   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:38 PM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
ooops

just want to correct a misconception. this isnt me. found it on the web.

I'm way past trying to pass myself off using someone else's achievements

gymini29
  #4   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:28 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
no doubt gym.... I've seen pictures of him before and he's a REALLY amazing kid. I understand he's a nice guy too! Unbelivable.

Not only does he have an incredible body, but an awesome face, and a great personality. Amazing.... It's no wonder that so many people DO use his picture as a fake for their own online. I'd like to be a little more like Steve too.

:P
  #5   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:30 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Is it me or are kids now a days bigger then they use to be? I mean, I remember being in Middle School/High school (it was only a few years ago.. HS that is). I don't remember any guys looking that well built. God only knows what kids will look like in HS in say 5 or 10 years. I've already heard of teenagers/college kids breaking lifting records. And the NFL lineup looks bigger and bigger each year. Maybe it's something in the water? hehe

Scott
  #6   Add to teen muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM

teen muscle is on a distinguished road
yeah

i notcied that also i am 18 and kids along with my self are bigger but then again its might be a part of evolution
  #7   Add to MuscleMage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:17 PM

MuscleMage
Evolution is probably not much of a factor in this case. I'd probably point at the media for this buffing trend. Recent surveys show that men are beginning to become more affected by media representations of the "perfect" male. I hear theres a really big cheer from the feminine activists. One of them was quoted out of context, saying, "We've been going about this all wrong, it wasn't about not letting the media distort the female figure, it was about getting the males to become equally as obsessive."
  #8   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:35 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMage
"We've been going about this all wrong, it wasn't about not letting the media distort the female figure, it was about getting the males to become equally as obsessive."
Wow - that's about the most disgusting thing I've heard in a long time. Yeah - let's get everyone in the first world nation to get obsessed about their physique and asthetic tendicies and forget completely about the important issues of the world.

I can't believe a real "activist" would say something that incredibly dumb, egotistical, and near-sighted.

I can't lie and say I don't love the trend because hot young cocky muscle is always so nice to look at.... however.... if that's the true cost.... I don't wanna pay. The downside is that an extremely nice guy with a big heart and a good head on his shoulders that I have befriended through the internet in PA ends up feeling like a totally worthless lout because he weighs 350lbs and truly believes he is helpless and without any merit whatsoever in society. Media doesn't help.... granted that he needs to help himself.... but giving people the impression that really buff guys are the "normal" and that anything else isn't - doesn't help at all.
  #9   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:09 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
EJ:

I think the activist was attempting to be ironic. The post does say that she was quoted out of context.

As for younger people seeming to be larger, I agree. There are probably several factors at work here - enriched food products, vaccinations and a focus on hygiene.

The long term effects of these trends are being debated - like the fact that teens today have more dental problems due to drinking bottled water (no fluoride). The "hygiene theory" has some interesting ideas about growing up in a hyper-clean environment.

Does anyone remember the Star Trek: TNG episode about the kids engineered with perfect immune systems?
  #10   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:07 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Body Dismorphyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMage
Evolution is probably not much of a factor in this case. I'd probably point at the media for this buffing trend. Recent surveys show that men are beginning to become more affected by media representations of the "perfect" male. I hear theres a really big cheer from the feminine activists. One of them was quoted out of context, saying, "We've been going about this all wrong, it wasn't about not letting the media distort the female figure, it was about getting the males to become equally as obsessive."

This whole issue is something we've talked about here on other threads. The book several of us have mentioned is the "Adonis Complex" which goes into all of the media distortion of "typical" male images: steroided male models, hyper-muscular action figures for boys, growth in population due to extra food, media expectations to both girls ('you want a 'buff' guy') and guys ('you need to be a 'buff' guy, or, in the case of many people on this thread, 'you want to be with a buff guy').

So much for the 'Body Nazis'!

The bad thing about this is what EJ has said: people who are basically, good, intelligent, kind, etc. are made to feel worthless or worse because they don't measure up to a physical "ideal".

Second bad thing: all those BBrs who die young/need kidney transplants, etc. Michael Antorino??? (sp?- Mr. America 1996? Heart attack) Flex Wheeler (kidney) Don Long (kidney) Tom Prince (hasn't had a kidney transplant--yet) 'Jeep' Swenson (300# bbr in Batman movie--died the week the film opened of a heart attack).

Third bad thing: All those Bbrs whose bodies are distorted because of what they are shooting/injecting : synthenol, (wildly disproportionate arms and other limbs) , HGH (hugely distended abdomens), Most injectables: acne

Fourth REALLY bad thing: Fostering the belief that you only have worth, as a man and as a human being relative to how you LOOK, not what you accomplish. This completely reverses the traditional male world view, and is reflected in the feminist's 'ironic' statement. If it sucks for women, it sucks for men, too.

The good thing is the 'Eye candy' Yum!
-sense of well-being
-physical fitness

Mdlftr
  #11   Add to beeflover2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:16 AM

beeflover2001
Quote:
As for younger people seeming to be larger, I agree. There are probably several factors at work here - enriched food products, vaccinations and a focus on hygiene.
As touched on above, let's not forget that teenagers are also more heavily into steroids now, in order to achieve that "buffed" look. When a guy goes from a 98-lb. geek to a 150-lb. stud in a year, it's not just enriched food & vitamins that do it.
  #12   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM

ethernet_jock
beef - I think that's the point exactly. Beyond good nutrition and more focus on lifting.... steroid abuse is out of control in today's high schools.....

And things like major leage baseball giving out a little slap on the wrists for steroid use by it's players just pushes the idea that it's a good and intelligent thing to do if you want to be a successful professional athelete. Sick.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options