The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to emo87's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM

emo87 is on a distinguished road
Regime

I've been doing the following regime every day for around 1.5 weeks. I can't say that I'm seeing any results. What do you guys think? Should I be patient. Will some serious muscle mass coome?

Every day I do:

4 sets of 12 reps on the Lat Pull down @ 49kg
4 sets of 12 reps tricep-extensions @ 25kg
4 sets of 12 reps tricep-curls @25kg
4 sets of 12 reps on the chest press @ 39 kg
4 sets of 12 reps on the peck fly @39 kg
4 sets of 12 reps on Thera Krunch machine @ 10kg

All repeated 4 times

I eat oatmeal for breakfast. Have a rich protein meal for luch along with a potein shake. I have egg whites before my workout and have a protein rich evening meal aftter workout.

I read somewhere that you gain more mass training every muscle every day. Is this true?

thanks
Matt
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:37 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
dont know where you got your information from but its not correct. in order for anybody to assist you basic information is needed. age, height, weight, goal, how many monthes or years lifting. if your tyrying to build size/ muscle then you nutrition is really lacking. nutrition is 80% of everything you do to build size. also the program you listed doesnt cover all the muscle groups. if you can provied som e of the info then you will get the answer you need.
  #3   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo87 View Post
I read somewhere that you gain more mass training every muscle every day. Is this true?
I don't agree. I had my biggest gains when I split my workout so I'm only doing a given exercise once every 6 - 8 days, and only 1 or 2 sets per exercise.

Growth doesn't come during workouts, but rather when you're resting. If you're working out every muscle every day, you're not giving them enough time to grow.
  #4   Add to cccatl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
MuscleMutant

cccatl
Send a message via Yahoo to cccatl
1.5 weeks is a much too short a time.

It takes the body about 2 weeks to do any muscular adaptation. You haven't even broken 2 weeks.

The typical times are months or years. Perhaps the trickiest thing about bodybuilding is that the changes are slow, so you don't know if what you're doing is effective for a couple of months. This is why record keeping is important.

That being said, your routine is non-standard. There are many routines, but the typical one is to work each bodypart (chest, delts, back, bicep, tricep, quads, legs, calves) once per week. You usually combine some of these together, so that you work 4 days a week. An example: leg day (quad, hams, calves), chest/tri day, back/bi day, and delt day. Each muscle gets 2-3 exercises with 3-5 *working* sets of 8-12 reps (if you don't know this vocabulary, ask. It's easy).

You should work out to be sore the next day. You should workout so that your poundages go up over time (again, this increases slowly). Proper form is more important for muscle growth than poundage. Although, figuring out what proper form is a part of the art of bodybuilding. One aspect of proper form is that it is slow and controlled. Set the weight so that you can do the motion in about a 3s up and 3s down movement. No bouncing, no jerking. Set the poundage so that the movement is exhausted within 8-12 reps (depends on muscle, you'll learn your body). When I say exhausted, what I mean is that your form is starting to break even with max effort.

Your eating is also non-standard. The other side of bodybuilding is the eating. You can limit growth by eating incorrectly (note: this does not mean more is better. You'll get fat.). The most important thing is getting enough protein. That is the structural material for muscle. You should aim for 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. Eat about the same amount in carbs. You need some carbs. Eat some fat, so that the food tastes good, but isn't fatty. Never be hungry, never be full. If you're hungry, you can't grow. If you're full, you're getting fat. This means eating 6 small meals distributed throughout the day.

That's bodybuilding in a nutshell. There's a lot more to learn. But, this will take years. A reasonable rate of growth is about 10-15pounds of muscle a year. Maybe more in your first year. So take your time. Enjoy the workouts and the eating style. This is a change in lifestyle.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options