The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Thrust's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Thrust is on a distinguished road
Help!

So I really love this board and I hate to come on here with nothing but a sob-story, but I really need some help, and I thought you guys might be the best people I know to turn to.

My boyfriend (of 1.5 years) and I are having troubles, and a lot of it stems from me; unfortunately, I've really let myself go in the last year, emotionally and physically. A lot of the emotional/mental aspect of it has to do with a self-esteem problem I struggle with, so it's directly related to my weight-gain. I've gained between 30 and 35 pounds in a year, which looks (and feels) awful on my 5'6" frame. I'm just unhealthy, and it's affecting the rest of my life. Long story short, I don't have a lot of time or options left, and I think losing this weight has to be the first step to fixing my relationship.

I need to lose the weight and get in shape, and I need to do it in a safe, healthy manner, but I need to do it as quickly as possible. I have no idea where to start. I don't eat particularly well, but it could be a lot worse. As it is, the only exercise I get is walking around campus all day, which isn't much.

Again, I'm totally clueless where I should be starting. The idea of going to the gym even once a week terrifies me (again, self-esteem issues), so if anyone can think of some sort of exercise that I can do that will help me burn fat and potentially build muscle WITHOUT having to spend time in the gym (just yet; I know I'll get more confident as I shed a bit of this weight), PLEASE pass it on.

Also, what is a healthy diet for someone in my position? I've heard low-carb, no-carb, low-fat, no-fat, all sorts of things, but I don't want to start one thing and end up gaining weight or spend 2 or 3 weeks not losing anything. I've heard that a "raw/fresh-food" diet is a good place to start; is that true? I'll definitely be cutting out fast food, at any rate, so that's a start.

What sort of exercise and diet do I need to be working on? I'm really committed to this change (and it is a MAJOR lifestyle change here), but I have no idea how to get started.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
check your private messages dude!

Just cut out the junk food, and get 20 mins morning, noon and night doing something that makes you breath hard should trim you down easy peasy for now. Trust me. You dont need to go to the gym to get fit in a hurry (but it does have its advantages).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options