The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to gorillawoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM

gorillawoof is on a distinguished road
Long Road to Hugeness...

Hey Guys, Just turned 33 and something strange happened... after 6+ years of being half-assed in and out of the gym I've caught a strange virus of sorts -- I've got the bodybuilding bug and have committed to myself that I'll be a bodybuilder the rest of my life. It's kind of a curious acceptance of the gym being my temple and an arresting of control of my body but after sliding from 165-185lbs over the last few years, I've decided that I need long term goals and have utterly committed to staying with them. I guess this is something that every bodybuilder comes to terms with at some point -- a state of mind where you simply accept that you'll grow and acheive your goals. So here goes.... three month back into a routine and I'm about 180 -- love that muscle memory... and my goal within the next year is to hit 200. Biceps are about 15.5 now and the goal within 2 years is 18. I'm definitely looking for support/encouragement from y'all and I'll post some pics soon too -- I'll say it right here and now -- I plan to get very big over the long term - up to 250 I figure (oh yeah, I'm 6' tall). If there's some kind of deep primal bodybuilding brotherhood out there in the ether that we all subscribe to then I want to pledge right here and now that I want to show all my muscle-building brothers out there how big n beasty I can get. So there you have it -- I pledge to each and every one of ya out there that I'll show you incredible results and keep posting this site over the coming years... any and all support is welcome!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Boy, this makes me wanna ROOOOAAAR right with ya!

Please keep us updated with your progress. (Pics would be cool too. )
  #3   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Welcome aboard, gorillawoof....you've got a great start, and with that attitude, you'll only get better.
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:20 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
This will sound dumb but:

Just go to the gym nearly EVERY DAY, and you will get there! I can't wait to see your transformation.
  #5   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:47 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
I'm not a Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillawoof
Hey Guys, Just turned 33 and something strange happened... after 6+ years of being half-assed in and out of the gym I've caught a strange virus of sorts -- I've got the bodybuilding bug and have committed to myself that I'll be a bodybuilder the rest of my life. It's kind of a curious acceptance of the gym being my temple and an arresting of control of my body but after sliding from 165-185lbs over the last few years, I've decided that I need long term goals and have utterly committed to staying with them. I guess this is something that every bodybuilder comes to terms with at some point -- a state of mind where you simply accept that you'll grow and acheive your goals. So here goes.... three month back into a routine and I'm about 180 -- love that muscle memory... and my goal within the next year is to hit 200. Biceps are about 15.5 now and the goal within 2 years is 18. I'm definitely looking for support/encouragement from y'all and I'll post some pics soon too -- I'll say it right here and now -- I plan to get very big over the long term - up to 250 I figure (oh yeah, I'm 6' tall). If there's some kind of deep primal bodybuilding brotherhood out there in the ether that we all subscribe to then I want to pledge right here and now that I want to show all my muscle-building brothers out there how big n beasty I can get. So there you have it -- I pledge to each and every one of ya out there that I'll show you incredible results and keep posting this site over the coming years... any and all support is welcome!
But I think I can agree with your initial diagnosis. It does sound as though you do indeed have Musclemus Maximus commonly known as the bodybuilding bug. My suggestion would be to attend a gym between 3 and 5 times a week as well as investing in a full length mirror and two sets of briefs / posing shorts. One set for your current waist size and one set for the waist size you want.
  #6   Add to gorillawoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2005, 11:47 AM

gorillawoof is on a distinguished road
The Bug

Hey Dudes,

Though I was a fat kid many moons ago in my pre-teen days, I've done cardio pretty routinely thru my 20's and have a tall lanky but muscled build -- lifters I've talked to about my plans have said that I've got a great natural frame and proportions and that as long as I stick with (and I be doin that!) that I'll have no trouble getting quite big. I'll look into the posing shorts but I've already got a 31' waist -- figure with a cutting regime that I might trim to 29-30 but I doubt I need two pairs (thank god!).

I have to say that there's nothing like flexin and pumpin those biceps, chest and shoulders in the mirror though -- I'm already all over that -- I think that's one of the great rewards to bodybuilding -- taking control of your body to shape it into something more powerful and primal.

I like to think of my body these days almost as an 'art piece' -- I fully intend to attain a heightened state of masculinity through increased muscle mass -- I guess it comes down to looking like the type of dude that you always thought looked great -- I love the extreme end of the builders but doubt I'll build to the point of utter hugeness -- it's interesting listening to the reactions of others though -- some people think it's obscene but I know y'all share my opinion that it's a different state of beauty -- I plan to be noticably huge with great buldging arms and really broad shoulders and chest but still max out on the 'v' look. When I'm satisfied with my progress I'll be posting -- while I've got the love handles I'm not gonna though!

Over the next 2-5 years I'll def show everyone here something I can be proud of!
  #7   Add to beefguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:35 AM

beefguy
Send a message via Yahoo to beefguy
Exclamation

Mate that sounds like one hell of a plan to me!!!! yu keep to it and you will get there i can assure you. It takes guts to decide you want to start the journey to hugeness because its a long painfull road but keep going....

Whats your aim with veins! i am currently working on my biceps and man there is no greater feeling than wating throbing veins spread across my biceps at the top of a curl!!! its addictive mate

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options