The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:48 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Bodybuilder Roommate

I used to have a roommate who was a competitive bodybuilder. When we moved in together he had been off the juice for several months and had shrunk dramatically. He was 6'2", and his lean mass had gone down to around 220. When he went back on, I couldn't believe how fast he grew; it was almost like one of the fantasies you read here. In two months he regained thirty pounds! He was one of those lucky guys who responds very well to roids, plus there was "muscle memory" involved. He continued to pile-on the mass until by the following September he weighed 300 lbs. He competed in the Tournament of Champions that year, but only got tenth in his class, becuase he ate some bad chicken at a restaurant three days before the show and dropped about twenty pounds due to diarrhea. He was so disheartened he never competed again.

It was amazing to watch someone explode with size like that; and also discouraging. Kinda hard to be excited over a pound here, a pound there, when you have that kind of "morphing" to look at every day!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mslworshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:54 PM

mslworshipper
Send a message via Yahoo to mslworshipper Send a message via Skype™ to mslworshipper
Pics / Similar Instance

Do you happen to have pics of the guy? I wish I had pics of a guy I met.
I remembered going to the gym the same time everyday to see this guy. He was awesome. He started his training the same time I did. He was thinly muscled with definition. When I first met him, he was 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 200 lbs. Everytime he works out, he would wear baggy sweatpants, sweatshirt and weigh himself. He told me that he was starting to take "the juice."
After one month, I noticed he was lifting heavier weight, his voice was getting deeper, he was grunting as he was lifting the weight and of course his clothes was getting tight. He was now weighing 220. Month after month he was getting bigger and stronger.
Then five months into seeing him working out, something interesting happened. His clothing was really tight. He was bench pressing about 375 lbs. He was on his last rep when I hear him grunting and yelling. He finished his rep, got up and flexed. His chest swelled and the front of the shirt ripped! I was in awe as to what happened. He just winked and continued his workout.
He went on to work on his arms. He was doing bicep curls with a barbell that was 150 lbs. He was doing it as if they weighed nothing. After he was finished, he nodded me in the direction of the locker room. After a minute, I followed him in. He asked me if I wanted to see his transformation. I said, "Hell Yes!"
He flexed his arms as a starting tease and heard the fabric of the shirt getting tighter. He took his pants off revealing massive legs. He flexed and teased me. Then he ripped his sweatshirt off revealing his pecs arms and abs. He was 270 lbs. Unfortunately, I have not heard of him again because I moved to NC. I am looking online to find him.
  #3   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 02:47 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
Hey Bull: what a sight it must have been to see your roomie go back on the juice and totally blow-up before your eyes. Slow down a bit and give us more details!! I know you don't want to reveal who your roomie was, but if you could talk more about his growth and the changes you saw happening in such that short amount of time, I'd really like to read about it.

The same goes to you, msclworshipper!!! Seeing a "thinly muscled" guy starting out at the gym and seeing him literally transform into an absolute, seam-splitting muscle freak in a matter of a few months time.... DAMN! (Tell us more!!)

- flex
  #4   Add to biguglymofo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 04:02 PM

biguglymofo
Great stories that *gasp* make me want to start using anabolic steroids sooner than I initially had planned. *holds out...enfoces strong will* dammit, I want to get bigger...it's like an obsession with me. Oh, well, one more year lifting, and booya!
  #5   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 04:53 PM

Bull
One thing I've learned about roids is, different people respond to them very differently. My ex roommate was one of those lucky ones who really blows-up from them. He told me once that he gained 30 pounds on his first two-month cycle, and that was in high school! Most guys don't have that kind of response, me included. Plus, he had been big before, so a lot of that was due to muscle memory; it's always easier to regain muscle than to build it in the first place.

As for what it was like to see him grow, the most noticable place was his pecs. Chest came easily to him, and his looked like they were being inflated with a tire pump. I didn't actually see him at 300 lbs, as he lived in L.A. the two months prior to the show, but I saw pictures; he was fantastic looking.

You wouldn't recognize the name even if I told you, as he never went very far in the sport. That was a shame, as he had a very marketable package: looks, body, charm, sex-appeal. But he had a way of always shooting himself in the foot, and wasn't willing to play the game. If he had done the right things in the early nineties, he could have had a very succesful career, but the sport has passed him by now.
  #6   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:40 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I remember a few years back when, I had worked my way up to about 185lbs at 5' 8". And there were a couple of younger friends of mine were plugging away at the weights but were more like 5' 11" or so and weighed around 195lbs each. they were training partners and really pushed each other though their workouts. I eventually changed gyms for a change of pace. One day after about 2 years, at my new gym, one of the guys showed up and I almost passed out when saw how huge he had become he was weighing about 265lbs! At one point, we went into a separate room with mirrors to see his posing. OMIGOD! I almost lost control while following him into the room - his back looked like some medium sized animals had been glued under his sweatshirt- there were big thick buldges everywhere and everything seemed to be moving!! And he was so freakin WIDE and THICK! He eased through the doorway (for a second, I thought he would have to turn sideways) Then he took off his shirt and started posing. Wow what a monster! Everything was huge! I looked like a twig standing next to him (at 190lbs) He looked twice as wide shoulder to shoulder compared to my frame. And when he was done, had the nerve to tell me that his partner was up to 300lbs! But he laughed and said that his partner was having problems getting his big muscle bound butt into and out of his truck! I was in good muscular shape but I couldn't believe these guys had turned into huge lumbering mountains of muscle- I was once nearly their size a couple years back.
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Thumbs up Good Grief!!!

I'm totally hyperventilating, and about to go into cardiac arrest after reading that (thumpety, thumpety, thump..) I think I may be hard for a week now! Remind me again why you switched gyms when you at friends at the old one going at it like that???

I'd love to be a freak like that, but I've never found anyone thatwill push me like that. Just my boyfriend, and other friends that will say things like, "I'm not spotting you with that weight!" Errg!
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:36 AM

ottomun6
changing gyms

Easy there, Brent I am just gettin started with my gym stories (there have been quite a few times that I almost lost control of my boner when dealing with other guys and their muscles)

...why did I change gyms? I started taking classes and it was tough to squeeze in a good workout, I found a gym with later hours that worked out great for me. And of course I ran into a new group of muscle guys.
And to tell you the truth, I have to cedit one powerlifter buddy of mine with pushing me to get big ( I was 130 when I joined the gym and grew to about 185 over the course of about three or four years) And I should mention that I have a couple of stories about him too! But here's a quick one: at the new gym I meet this one guy that came in late, he was about my size at 5'8" and while I had pretty beefy biceps this guy had some really thick pecs! In fact, this guy went to train his BACK and his pecs got even thicker!!! there were veins sticking out and and his string tank top was being held out from his body! Later he came up to me and said that he was impressed with my arms and said that he had to feel my biceps. Of course I let him, then I told him that I can't believe that he didn't even train his chest and now his pecs looked like they belonged on Gary Strydom. Then I told him that since he got to feel my arms that I had to feel his pecs. and he let me! Shoot! he disappeared a few days later and I haven't seen him since.
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:51 AM

I guess I ignorred the fact that you are 5'8.

Having gone from 135#s to 185# means that you must be pretty swollen with muscles too! Any pics??
  #10   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:24 PM

ottomun6
My before and after

Here are my pics, granted that they were taken more than 15 years apart, but I didn't look any different until my I started lifting (I was your classic ectomorph skinny-skinny-skinny! Always about 130-135lbs. I should also mention that I have had my on again/ off again periods for training. In fact, I'm a bit larger than the "190 lbs" pic is now but, I'm trying to put off pics and weighing myself until this fall.
  #11   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up Now that's progress!

You're looking a LOT bigger. Congrats for all the hard work you've done over the years. I guess you are living proof that skinny ectomorph types CAN gain wieght! Those are some impressive arms.
Keep up the good work!

BTW: how long since you've wieghed yourself? Think you're up to 200 yet?
  #12   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2003, 04:17 PM

ottomun6
Thanks.
The last time I weighed myself was sometime last fall I was about 195. And I'm almost sure that I have cracked the magic "200lbs" barrier because there have been two separate instances where somebody made a comment that I was definitely getting bigger (this is after 195lbs) And I have noticed that most of my loose fitting shirts and baggy style pants are getting a bit snug.
  #13   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:02 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
BUMP!

This was such a good thread that I figured it was time to bring it back to the top of the list, especially for you newbies who weren't around (here!) to read it in 2003! Think of it as my little Xmas gift to the Forum! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #14   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Bull
I had completely forgotten writing this!
  #15   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Well hey man do continue love to know more!!
  #16   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
(DELETED) I posted in the wrong topic. Sorry!

Last edited by Yachirobi; December 27th, 2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Wrong Topic
  #17   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Bull
I haven't seen him in years, so there isn't any more to say really.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options