The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
Talking new found abilities

as i get more and more sucked into the world of bodybuilding, ive noticed myself changing, im sure most of you have all gained these abilities, but tonight at the gym i just realized it all.

ive noticed i can spot anyone and everyone doing their exercises wrong, hes going to fast, that guys using nothing but momentum, etc, ive also noticed the order in which you do specific lifts matters and makes a difference, i also know what my body needs and when, and have stopped eating for taste for the most part, and eating for energy (but there are always those cravings i just cant ignore sometimes, lol, im sure they will slowly go away) anyways, this is all exciting and i cant wait for what else im in store for, anyone else gone through an experience like this?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:37 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
as regards food...

luckily,i LIKE healthy stuff!but,after spending more time with family;i realized that people with kids NEVER THINK ABOUT WHEN THEY'RE HUNGRY!!they have breakfast because it's breakfast-time,lunch because it's lunch-time&dinner because it's dinner-time!the parents are trying to keep up with a 10yr.old's metabolism!&because the little buggers are so expensive,you can't let the leftovers go to waste...(gay guys,count your blessings...!)
  #3   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:53 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
I've been eating a lot more too.

Certain foods no longer whet my appetite...
  #4   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:27 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Wow - I can definitely identify with both of those perspectives. Particularly when my son was first born and it was everything we could do just to deal with a newborn baby... eating was for convenience and anything nearby that was most easily and quickly prepared (usually fast food) went into my mouth. Those 3-4 months were the biggest setback ever as far as weight training goes....... not that I'm complaining.... because getting a child out of the deal was worth it. I gained almost 20lbs during that time but I lost it in about 6 months after by eating right and drinking enough water to burn through it.

ANYway - the point is - yes. I have definitely noticed those very same changes in my personality and eating habits - but as glam says - I have also noticed a regular tendicy to eat "at the regular times" too. Thus you have 6'4" 247lb me - I've not lost a single pound of weight below 245 off my body in about 2.5 years, but I've DEFINITELY gained muscle.... so I must be doing something right. Just not quite right enough. How do you guys feel about the argument of certain bodies are genetically predispositioned to be a certain weight? It was relatively easy for me to lose back down from 265 to 245.... but I haven't been below 245 since I was like 22.

Eating schedules are actually pretty insane at my house. I have a 17-month-old with his changing metabolic rates associated with growth spurts and I have a wife who had gastric bypass surgery about 3 years ago who can only eat like a bird, but every 2 or 3 hours. I guess it's really been better for me in the long run to have my wife like that because it's allowed us to have mostly no-formal eating "times" at all. I eat when I'm hungry and when I feel like I need fuel which is usually 4-5x/day and as long as I don't eat too much or the wrong things - I'm doing good. Granted - I still get in trouble with lack of self-discipline or I'd be the 6'4" 225-230lb ripped muscle freak that I'd like to be - but considering my circumstances I feel good about myself.
  #5   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Eating

You have to be careful about eating, too. I have found out through personal experience, unfortunately, that even if you have been eating clean and healthy for months a week or so of "bad" eating can cause you to fall off the wagon for quite a while - and it takes a lot of will power to get back to eating properly again! If only fattening food wasn't so darn tasty...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options