The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 2.73 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Tundy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM

Tundy is on a distinguished road
How To Meet Gay Men?

Well, I'm gay and obviously looking for a boyfriend. But since this a straight man's (and woman's) world, that'll be quite difficult. I'm not exactly out of the closet, since I'm waiting for a decent guy to give me a reason to come out to my family and whatnot... So I don't ever want to go to any gay-specific functions. (Gay social gathers, clubs, etc.) There has to be a way to meet a good guy without using a website or going to clubs.

I'm also 19, so I don't think I could exactly go to clubs or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
I'm also curious about how to meet guys without resorting to clubs/bars. I'm just so not that type of person.
  #3   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I think you must ask yourself are you comfortable of being who you are... Coming out is not just about letting people know but to be possitively telling yourself and reassuring to yourself that you know who you are.

It is harder to try and meet new people if you are not confident with yourself. So first step is, give it a real hard thought of how you want your life to be, understanding that, and coming out to yourself first (self acceptance)... then come out to your parents, if you can show the confidence of who you are to anybody that you can confide this confidence with, chances are it is not really anyone's business and no one really care what your sexual preference is, if they're your friends, or people that understand and truly know you, they'll support you regardless.
  #4   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
you can find the Gays very easily because they are look different from a common Man.
That's a load of BS.

There are flamboyent gays yes but the majority of gay men are very ordinary and some of them are very masculine and sexy as hell for both men and women. I get so fed up with people thinking that the flamboyent drag queens that prance around during the gay parade are the poster-boys for the gay world. Believe me they are not. In fact I blame them for giving the rest of us a bad name.

So unless you want to be a "glitter gal" get that image out of your mind and just be a person, be yourself but know that love between people is not wrong be they men or women, and you don't have to put on an act to be loved.
  #5   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
I feel like I stepped into Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit in this thread.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #6   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
Well, I'm gay and obviously looking for a boyfriend. But since this a straight man's (and woman's) world, that'll be quite difficult. I'm not exactly out of the closet, since I'm waiting for a decent guy to give me a reason to come out to my family and whatnot... So I don't ever want to go to any gay-specific functions. (Gay social gathers, clubs, etc.) There has to be a way to meet a good guy without using a website or going to clubs.

I'm also 19, so I don't think I could exactly go to clubs or anything like that.
Seriously, after my comment about White Rabbit I thought I'd try to answer your question.

Be friendly to other guys; gay guys are all around but most are in your position saying "where are all the guys?". Open yourself up to them being friendly to you. Let guys approach you too. Positive energy feeds on positive energy and will attract possible (boy)friends; negative energy feeds on negative energy and will drive possible (boy)friends away.

I look back and think about all the guys who were extremely friendly to me, and I wonder how many of them were looking for a boyfriend like I was. Yet I shied away and closed myself off. I think it's really easier than you think to find someone, as long as you don't overthink and try to force it. Let it flow and it will come.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options