The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:10 PM

plaindudefornow is on a distinguished road
Revival and progress.

Hi all. Might remember I had one of these threads a long while back. A lot happened and rather than dig up that old one, I decided to start fresh.

I had worked out much of 2008 but in 2009 stopped. A lot of negative things entered my life and my mind was just not in it. It sucked. Fortunately, at the start of this year, i picked it back up again and feel i am making much better progress than I had previously.

I have been getting routines from a very reliable source and keeping a very detailed log of all my work outs. Every two months I have been taking a one week break and changing the routine. This coming up monday, I will be starting another new routine.

unfortunately, i forgot to take measurements at the start but have after the first 2 months and now again after the second 2 months. They aren't super impressive but here are the stat changes that im monitoring.

After 2 months:
right arm flexed 13 3/4"
left arm flexed 13 1/2"
chest relaxed 38 1/4"
weight: didnt log

After 4 months:
right arm flexed 14"
left arm flexed 13 3/4"
chest relaxed 38"
weight ~166 lb

I had my friend take a tense chest flex measurement, but not sure I trust the result. Also have completly logged all my work outs so I know exactly how much my strength has gone up on each exercise which really helps keep me motivated.

My diet unfortunately isn't ideal, but it is something that is sorta out of my control at the moment and something I have also kinda come to terms with.

Supplement wise, all I am taking is a protein shake although with the 1st 2 months I was taking a supplement a friend gave me for free. He wasn't using it anymore and didn't want it to go to waste.

Really eager to continue on with my new routine. Crossing my fingers for continued results.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Sorry for the double post. I just brought in my log notebook from my workout space so I could add some additional details. Gotten lots of views but no replies so hoping adding some details might help.

Gonna post the training routines ive done so far. keep in mind i didnt make these. got them from a friend i really trust when it comes to this kinda stuff.

1st training routine was

4 days a week
day 1: pyramid set squats 4 sets
leg extension 4 sets at 8 reps
leg curl 4 sets at 8 reps
stiff leg deadlift 4 sets at 8 reps

day 2: flat bench pyramid 4 sets
incline bench pyramid sets
flies 3 sets at 8 reps
military press 4 sets at 8 reps
side lateral raises 4 sets at 8 reps

day 3: bent over barbell rows 4 sets at 8 reps
seated rows 4 sets at 8 reps
lat pulldowns 4 sets at 8 reps
dumbbell pullovers 4 sets at 8 reps

day 4: standing barbell curls 4 sets at 8 reps
standing dumbbell curls 4 sets at 8 reps
concentrated curls 3 sets at 8 reps
tricep pushdown with rope 4 sets of 8
dips 3 sets to failure

did that for two months, took a week off, then switched to the following

5 days a week

day 1: squats pyramid style 5 sets
leg ext 4 sets at 10 reps
lunges 4 sets at 12 reps
leg curl 4 sets at 10 reps
stiff leg deadlift 4 sets at 10 reps
rocking calf raises 5 sets at 15 reps

day 2: incline bench pyramid 4 sets
flat bench pyramid 4 sets
(for both benches i would alternate dumbbell and barbell on a
weekly basis)
flies 4 sets at 12 reps alternating flat, incline, and decline weekly
push ups to failure
20 minutes on bike

day 3: bent over barbell rows pyramid style 4 sets
1 arm rows 3 sets at 12 reps
lat pulldown 4 sets at 10 reps
dumbbell pullovers 4 sets at 10 reps
shrugs pyramid style 4 sets
20 minutes on bike

day 4: military press pyramid style 4 sets alternating dumbbell and barbell
weekly
upright rows 4 sets at 10 reps
side lateral raises 5 sets at 12 reps
20 minutes on bike

day 5: ez curl bar pyramid style 4 sets
seated curls 4 sets at 12 reps
preacher curl 4 sets at 12 reps
skullcrushers 4 sets at 12 reps
tricep pushdown straight bar 4 sets at 12 reps
tricep pushdowns rope attachment 4 sets at 12 reps
wrist roller to failure

did that for 2 months. on my week off now going to be starting a new routine. havent really got a finalized version yet so i cant post it unfortunately.

i work out at home so my exercises are a bit limited in the variation i can get but I am really eager to keep on going.
  #3   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Finished another 2 month training routine. Got some results and am happy overall but I am eager to really step it up and try something new.

My right bicep is up to 14 in. flexed (yay) with the left lagging some behind (boo) and my chest is up to 39 in.(yay)

My one rep bench max is up to 180 (grr really wanted 185)

At this point I am going to be trying a routine that is super different from anything I have done before. I am a little nervous, but in the good way. Excited nervous. Here is to hoping this big change sparks some even bigger changes.

At this point I am liking how my shirts are fitting better. Noticing the sleeves dont go as far down my arms anymore and that the legs of my boxers arent as empty anymore. Eager to get to the point where I have to upgrade my wardrobe.

Anyway, wish me luck all. Ill update when there is significant news and/or questions.
  #4   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:26 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Nice progress though it seems that they've stalled a bit from the last update. But you're gonna change things around, so it should restart
  #5   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:24 AM

As far as the stall, a bit, but I feel the previous routine didnt fully stall. I feel like my weight shifted around even if the numbers stayed the same. And I feel my strength did go up.

Really am excited for the new routine. I have high hopes that itll really kick my ass and provide good results. Does that make me a sadist? lol
  #6   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM

Well, finally came on to update (didnt get distracted) typed a nice long post, and the site went down.....boo. Now I am going to abridge my post.

Got a new job in september. My boss is a big fella, 18 arms there abouts and plans to compete for fun later this year. I have gotten lots of advice from him and tips.

My work has a gym on site, so I now have a better facility to use. I was shaken at first because my lift weights were lower, but my boss was there to explain it could be me feeling uncomfortable with the equipment, to balancing differances (my bar at home is shorter), to me having better form and thus it being hard (My form wasnt bad before, but there is always room to improve. Long story short, I kept at it.

I have been training mostly size and strength up until now. I just started cutting this week as some....generous weight was added in addition to the muscle. Not a lot, but I have a bit of a stomach going now and I would prefer it was well....ironed out.

I won't bore you with too many stats (I track all my workouts and 5 rep max testing and thus 1 rep max as well) So I will just end my post with some stats and fun/unfun moments I have had. Note on measurements, I am not 100% sure as I havent had anyone to help me with checking them.

max bench 200 lb
right arm flexed 15 1/4
left arm flexed 14 3/4

Unfun moment:
Accidently ripping a shirt across the back stretching at work.

Fun moment:
Later repeating the process at home where I could enjoy it.

unfun moment:
Noticing my butt is sticking out due to lunges and squats working my glutes

fun/unfun moment:
having to adjust my sleeves periodically throughout the day because they are kind of tight.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options