The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:17 AM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
Frequency of taking pills

Hello guys! Here's a question I've started thinking about recently, and in hindsight, I don't know why it didn't cross my mind sooner. For suppliments that come in pill, capsule, or tablet form, and who have vague instructions such as "take two per day" or "take three per day", is it better to take them all at once, or spread out through the day? If taken all at once, when would be the best time, breakfast, after workout, before bed? Thanks for your help and opinions!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2005, 09:29 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

[color=#c6cdf3][color=#c6cdf3]I'm no expert but I would have thought it was better to spread the dosage throughout the day. The logic here being that you don't take the days protein all at once because your body simply can't absorb it all in one interaction. If you did then a lot of it would simply pass through without you gaining anything from it hence by taking it at reasonable intervals through out the day, your body is able to get the most out of each iteration of the dosage. Hence I would have thought logically that this would also apply to pills or any other supplement, but like I say, I?m no expert.[/color][/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]
[color=#c6cdf3]Marc[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Incidentally, is it possible you could elaborate on what it is your actually taking?[/color]

[/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; February 9th, 2005 at 09:33 AM.
  #3   Add to RoidBoy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2005, 05:57 AM

RoidBoy is on a distinguished road
It depends what you take. The reason for pills is, that you can have it with you. More problem is supps with drinks through the day. Or have you 3 litres prot in your office in the morning and afternoon some others, and a lot of cans with powder ... but in fact you need a bit planning with taking supps. And spread it and plan them with your training for best effect.
  #4   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:01 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Hecad,

RoidBoy (Gibt's Sein bild?) is correct in that it depends on what you're taking as supplements.

Products affecting the endocrine system are typically advised to be taken first thing in the morning, since the body has spent the night refreshing itself and is more prepared to act on hormonal signals.

Nutritional supplements should be considered part of the diet and consumed accordingly throughout the day. Post-workout advice is mixed on whether it's better to emphasize carbs or protein. Pre-workout consistently emphasizes carbs and other energy-improving supplements.
  #5   Add to RoidBoy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM

RoidBoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRx
Hecad,

RoidBoy (Gibt's Sein bild?) is correct in that it depends on what you're taking as supplements.

Products affecting the endocrine system are typically advised to be taken first thing in the morning, since the body has spent the night refreshing itself and is more prepared to act on hormonal signals.

Nutritional supplements should be considered part of the diet and consumed accordingly throughout the day. Post-workout advice is mixed on whether it's better to emphasize carbs or protein. Pre-workout consistently emphasizes carbs and other energy-improving supplements.
Thanks to explain it in very good english. I am still learning in school
  #6   Add to bigazza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Cromulently Embiggened

bigazza is on a distinguished road
Totally agree with Roidboy and RadRX, it deoends on what the supps are. Taking a days worth of some pills in one hit might be.... UNPLEASENT.. likewise if you're stretching something else out over tiny doses all day might be useless. So depends on what your taking

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options