The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to nyc39's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:17 AM
gettinbiggr

nyc39 is on a distinguished road
Smile When did you notice you were growing?

Hey just wondering when people bulking up realized they were getting bigger. I'm 18, 119 pounds and my goal is to be as big as Lorenzo Becker do any advice on that will help, nor am I looking fir any easy way out
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TeenHypnoMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:46 AM

TeenHypnoMuscle is on a distinguished road
It varies.
Well, for me, after a few weeks of bench presses etc (basically Pec exercises) I flexed and my pecs were like to large rocks!
It can be a great motivator noticing how 'big' you are.

Lorenzo Becker? Good choice.
I'm trying to go for the Taylor Launter look.
  #3   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc39 View Post
Hey just wondering when people bulking up realized they were getting bigger. I'm 18, 119 pounds and my goal is to be as big as Lorenzo Becker do any advice on that will help, nor am I looking fir any easy way out
[COLOR="Orange"]
The first thing to remember is that never judge your own progress based on the progress of another and genetically different individual. You state your bodyweight at 119 pounds at age 18. If you are just barely over 5' tall this is one thing and if you are over 5'9" tall you are going to be very different.

To maximize your gains the very first thing you need to concentrate on is breathing and form. Until the breathing and form becomes routine for you take it easy on the weight. A rep done improperly is far less productive and far more likely to cause injury which slows up your progress.

The next step. If you have very little muscle bulk the next thing to remember is that warm up for you must be an absolute religious experience that you never forget. Long thin muscle fibers are more prone to injury than short dense ones. When you consider that injuries can knock you out of the weights for 6-8 weeks, taking that chance is not worth it either.

Now for you several supplements are going to be an absolute requirement. The first and second are of equal importance and these are BCAA and Glutamine. These two supplements minimize the post workout lactic acid build-up and greatly diminish second day pain in a beginner.

If you're on the thin side, your diet is going to have to be absolutely perfect or again it will become a complete and total roadblock.

For most individuals weight gain products are really not necessary unless they are individuals who burn vast quantities of calories easily. Very thin people with extremely low body fat have a problem. The problem they have is that on hard exercise you need glycogen to burn. Glycogen is then converted to fuel for the lifting you are doing and to some small degree the creation of the muscle rebuilding after teardown.

If, in the beginning you have a great deal of problems with your lifting you will then have to do a little hiatus from the lifting and do some heavy dietary work before returning to the weights. At 119 pounds you could probably go up 20 pounds in bodyfat without any problem. This may be controversial to some, but, on the extremely thin person it is the only way that will give the fuel you need available to burn.

If you cannot eat the volume of foot easily, the only thing left to achieve this is supplements. If you PM me I will give you the name of one that has proven quick and effective that is available from GNC that is relatively well balanced.

The main thing is to not let your body fat percentage get over 27%. Over that the loss of the fat becomes more difficult, under that the fat is easily burned off by most individuals.

You have a balance that needs to be maintained and on a thin person this is not always easy.

Once you have the basic form breathing and diet worked out you go to the lifting itself. To build mass you need heavy weight and low reps. For you the best is the maximum weight you can do for 3 sets of 8-10 reps. If all you can do is 8 reps per set that is fine, just remember that heavy is in order as long as you can maintain your form.

Remember that lowering a weight is just as important as raising it and exact pinpoint control is part of form.

Remember that you want the muscle causing the movement at all times and not kinetic energy. Slow and steady means more strain and more progress.

Bodybuilding is going to be a learning process for you and the main thing is to remember that you need to learn how to walk before you learn how to run.

If there is any way I can help do not hesitate to PM me.

[/COLOR]
  #4   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
I noticed after a few weeks. It just feels better I guess. When you take the measuring tape to everything you realize that you were gawking over .25 inches lol.
  #5   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:51 PM
febjr

For me it was several things. The sleeves in a shirt I wore to work a lot started getting tight around my arms to the point one day I lifted a heavy box and tore the seam in the sleeves. The other was my veins. I took a shower and stood in front of the mirror to dry off. I noticed there were veins covering my chest and upper arms since I had lost body fat and gained muscle.
  #6   Add to Meathead's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Gotta Get Huge

Meathead is on a distinguished road
I noticed that some short sleeve polo shirts started to feel tight where the ribbing is on the sleeves. I was very aware of it.
  #7   Add to Dreamforge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:28 AM

Dreamforge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
I noticed that some short sleeve polo shirts started to feel tight where the ribbing is on the sleeves. I was very aware of it.
I was afraid of that...
  #8   Add to Dreamforge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:30 AM

Dreamforge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamforge View Post
I was afraid of that...
whoops... replied to the wrong message... I totally beg your pardon, guys.

Personally, it seems that I've hardly ever grown any at all. It's quite depressing, really.
Reply With Quote (function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8801d05179432303',t:'MTcxNTA5MTIzOC44MDAwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();