The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Personals
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Personals Connect and meet with other muscle growth fans in your area. Looking for a friend, training partner, or something else? Check out this forum!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to britman3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM

britman3 is on a distinguished road
London Muscle

Any thickly muscled London/uk men on this site?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to charliepanayi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2005, 05:06 AM

charliepanayi
Send a message via MSN to charliepanayi Send a message via Yahoo to charliepanayi
I second the question
  #3   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Well I'm in London and am kind of beefy/muscled shape - 5ft9 203lbs 46c 34w 16.5a 24.5q
  #4   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2005, 04:12 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Sounds good! I can get to London, but is there any beef in the West Midlands?
  #5   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:49 AM

RyBearATL
Y'know...

It's great hearing about you hunky british studs, but a couple of references to homepages or just pics would be great.

Y'all are a funny (in a good way) people! I was shown a good time by one of your fine hospitality representatives in London about 3 years ago. <Fun Memory>

-R
  #6   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:27 AM

What makes us funny? Hope it is in a good way.

I think on the muscle front being big or beefy here in the UK is more unusual than the US. The average UK person is shorter and with a lighter build.

After spending quite a number of months in the US over the course of 12 trips or so over the years I always notice the difference in physical characteristics. What I do see in the US is the number of people who are 6ft+ tall and 200 lbs when they are 18-20 years old - just naturally big. That sort of natural size is rare here.

Also I think there are distinct advantages in some ways stemming from your sports interests at school. In UK state schools (I have to watch my terminology - confusingly"public schools" in the UK are actually private schools - State funded schools are called state schools.) tend to have soccer as a the main sport for the boys. Hence there is no need to get big to be good at the sport. If anything the lithe, fit look of David Beckham is the typical look. Rugby here is mainly a public school thing (so read private school if u are a US reader) and u do get bigger guys although more of the solid shape.

My understanding from reading and watching alot of stuff on line is that in the US that with the prevailing "US" Football orientation of school sport that there is an inbuilt encouragement/requirement that to do well at the sport u need to hit the gym and get bigger. Hence many built guys got the natural encouragement that it was okay to go to the gym at school age and then continued afterwards when the sport dropped by the wayside.

In the UK bodybuilding is not a well known sport. None of the main TV terrestrial channels ever show competitions. It tends to get protrayed through various documentaries of the Louis Theroux type - ie isn't this a bit wierd.

Anyhow there is still a fair bit of muscle to observe - as ever it tends to appear at times you least expect.
  #7   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:59 AM

If anyone has Sky, Discovery Health are showing bodybuilding shows all afternoon, until about 10:30 tonight.

Its a shame we don't get more muscle in the UK, but I have been noticing more bigger guys around over the last 3 or 4 years. Maybe thats just because I've been looking in the right places though! lol
  #8   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:19 AM

Pity I can't attach a splitter to my neighbour's sky signal.........

Sounds like an afternoon musclefest....and I can't receive it....

Still I would not want a Sky dish anyhow - someone might think I've got it to watch the footie.
  #9   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:44 AM

I'd rather have an afternoon muscle fest than the footy anyday! lol
  #10   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM

RyBearATL
Unrleated question: What's "footy"?

RE: Funny, yes, it's in a good way. <G> I used to know someone who was a major anglophile - he'd be over there for every excuse he could get away with; Dr. Who conventions were a big deal.

When I was going on this trip (my first and so far only) he told me "okay, you're going to meet a bunch of hot British guys, and you'll think they're completely disinterested in you. They'll chat a bit, but that's all. Right until they ask you home or to their favorite sex club. It will come completely out of left field."

<Useless disclaimer>Now, I was single, and on vacation, and one always enjoys a bit of fun on such things </Useless disclaimer> and it turns out this is exactly what happened. I was chatting up this shortish (5'6") stocky fellow, who seemed completely disinterested, and of course we wound up going off and having fun. By USA standards he took forever to get around to it, and I had no idea he was interested at all.

RE: Size, sports, etc. I think you guys have it better. My partner plays on a rugby team here, and the thing I like the most is the 3rd half. This is because it seems to build real sportsmanship and camaraderie amongst the teams. I also wish he wouldn't play at all, because of the injuries we see. He's a back, and fast, so he tends to get away uninjured, but still....

In USA Sports usually the winners go out & celebrate, the losers go home and sulk. (Or whatever - who cares? They lost!) I think the idea that both teams have contested & had a good time is worth a lot more than the way we do it here.

Also, the USA thing of football seems reflective of our overall bullshit. I may not express this well. Short version: all problems have simple answers. Just push your way through! Q.v. Iraq.

-R
  #11   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM

Footie or footy is short for football, by which we mean soccer in US speak.

In the UK as a real class conscious country even TV viewing is class based. Many middle class people think having a satellite dish is a bit well "not done in our neighbourhood" .

This is mainly because live rights to premier league football was captured by Rupert Murdoch's Sky TV (who also sell the dishes to receive it) a few years back so having a satellite dish was shorthand for being a football fan and thereby displaying their lower class credentials, as football tends to attract a working class or lower middle class audience/fans. Also the aesthetic impact of having a satellite dish on the front of your house was seen as rather disrespectful to the tone of the avenue/road. Certainly if I see a rash of dishes everywhere I assume the neighbourhood is fairly trashy.

It is amusing to see what you say about meeting UK guys. I imagine that we can appear "unimpressed/uninterested" and tend not to be effusive if we meet people for the first time. However I think the prevailing attitude here is our way of being genuine. Rightly or wrongly if someone comes up to us saying "Hi, it's fantastic to see you, great to be here, I just love being in the UK etc etc" we tend to think it smacks of enormous insincerity and falseness. We tend to prefer people who just act as they are with no pretence and without making alot of noise. What can be hard to fathom to an outsider is that what we consider being friendly and talkative can appear a bit circumspect. We tend to be less immediately generous to visitors eg inviting them to stay or come to dinner. The classic "you must come to dinner or to stay" in the UK generally does not mean what it says. If you are offered specifically to come on a particular date/time with directions etc then you are invited to dinner. A throwaway "we should meet up again and have dinner" is not an invitation at all.

I've met quite a few US guys over the years and I do find that from my point of view it can be hard sometimes to differentiate between all the cheery "hang out with me and my buddies" type upbeatness and someone who is really into doing something more....A couple of times I have been wrong footed into thinking that the naturally enthusiastic, back slapping buddiness was in fact a come on when it was just how they behaved with everyone....

Still I do like US guys in general - I dated a guy in NYC for 3 years even. Generally I think there are a ton more of the guys in the shape I like over there. And they all dig an uncut cock as well (We might as well sell our assets!)
  #12   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 02:21 PM

RyBearATL
Embracing differences.

RE: Classes - I can see that. It was very interesting also; one of the things the same friend said to me was that [again, his observation] Brits individually often either "lead" or "be lead", as opposed to Yanks, who are [?] versatile here, or perhaps the word "adaptive" might be better. His statement was based on your society having a strong aristocracy with (?) low class mobility, vs. the USA where we have a lot of what we think of as class mobility. (I'd enjoy hearing what you think about this.)

RE: Social signals (both countries), are very hard to read. Thank you for helping clear up what is "being sent"! <G> I'm sure we've seen it ourselves here in the gay/straight line. I have a straight friend who at one time was in the US Marine Corps. He's very gay friendly, and when visiting home one time went out with some lesbian friends from high school. He wound up completely confusing a gay guy he'd spent the night talking with. The other guy thought he was interested. My friend had been making eye contact, expressing interest, asking questions, etc. The other guy certainly thought he was up for a romp in the hay.

BTW: I wasn't looking to impress the fellow I'd met, just express interest. Do we yanks come across as attempting to "impress"? They're very different to me. What I remember about this moment was thinking that if I'd stood in the corner and not said anything, nobody would have said anything to me. (Let's assume this isn't generically about ME there, OK?<G>)

Always go with your assets. A lot us over here really love uncut men, though I'm not in the crowd.

-R
  #13   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 03:37 PM

A few weeks ago there was a really interesting Economist article on rising social immobility in the US.

http://www.economist.com/world/na/di...ory_id=3518560

I loved the pic of the President and Mrs Bush with the Queen and caption saying "Liz, meet the Royals".

I worry in these sorts of discussions I launch into huge generalisations and fear a backlash from my fellow countrymen....

Just to correct a few things we don't really have a strong aristocracy - we effectively have a very similar professional meritocracy to the US - ie a cadre of people running public institutions, large companies and Government that is predominantly a university educated non-aristocratic group without large inherited wealth or connections at birth. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are prime examples of this type of person. The aristocracy is seen outside of a few social circles as slightly inbred, a bit dim and somewhat superflous other than the keepers of a few nice castles and houses which you can get to see as most are too poor these days to maintain them.

Certainly the previous lineage of prime ministers and captains of industry all being educated at Eton, Harrow or Westminster School and then Oxford or Cambridge University has been slowly eradicated over the last 30 years.

on your lead/follow point I would not necessarily say that I would see that is how people think here. I think I tend to size someone up and see how the conversation develops. Perhaps we are less used to people being loud and relatively dominant . I notice in business meetings, courses and general social interaction that fewer US guys are quiet/reserved or do not speak quite loudly and confidently. Also quite a few British guys can be quite irreverent and jokey - the "taking the piss" approach to getting to know someone and often we are pretty self deprecating - tending not to say we can do something well even if we can.

Anyhow thiis is a funny conversation for a muscle forum!
  #14   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:15 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
we need a little brit-ness!

years ago,i used to extra-dance with the Royal Ballet when they were in town.they were great fun;but because we americans associate"proper"english with intelligence&a good education,it took longer to find out who was full of shit.also;brits are often VERY funny in an off-handed way,but they don't seem to laugh much at each other("being smart")so they enjoyed the appreciative audience.i'm sure the casual chumminess of Yanks may seem fake,it often is.but as i always say;i'll take fake good manners over real bad manners every time!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options