Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to timberino's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM

timberino is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to timberino Send a message via Yahoo to timberino
steroids?

i'm sure this is ridiculously overdone, but i'm gonna ask anyway. i just had a conversation with this dude from myspace. he works out and doesnt use anything but protein. i thought this was cool, but for some reason i brought up steroids. upon whining about this guy i went to high school with that has gotten huge and was benching like over 300 the other day he said "fine.. well do it if you want to" or something like that. it is a ridiculous idea...... i have to believe that.... i'm not sure if i'm venting or asking something...........
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:21 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Well sounds like a sensible response. If you want to juice then get some juice. Alot of big guys got there no other way. We are bombarded every day, especially those of us that visit muscle sites etc, with images of muscle that can only be achieved by juice. I am learning gradually that a hell of alot of guys on the scene in London who are in any way "built" are on stuff. It is much much more widespread than I imagined.

It is up to you. Juice does work. There is a useful book the "Adonis Complex" which is a good way of understanding what is involved and why so many people are on juice. Do your research and build up a network of buddies local to you who can give you advice. I know things in the US are harder as posession is illegal unlike here in the UK. So finding info and sources may be more involved.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:23 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I'm not sure what you're asking, but I do know that several people on this site are on gear. So far I've chosen not to do it, because I'm still growing naturally, and I'm not sure that I want the long-term health risks. If you do choose to use, please go to a doctor, and have him watch you liver levels, etc. Although I've never used, I don't think it makes gaining muscle any easier, just faster. The one thing I've learned is that gainig muscle isn't easy... no matter what sups you use!
  #4   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:29 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
IF you're asking whether someone should TELL you to do steroids, then you shouldn't do them.

1. They are illegal, unless you have a doctor's prescription and are being treated for a medical condition, such as a muscle-wasting disease, and you need the mass to keep your basic strength up. Note: "I'm not big enough" is NOT a disease!

2. If you are committed to lifting weights and using them to build your body as big and strong as it can get, within your genetic limits, then steroids completely throw that all out of whack. Try em and you MAY get bigger and stronger, but, since you've tried them, you'll never know how big you could've gotten without them. AND, you'll always know that you did it "with assistance", unlike those people (yes, they do exist) who achieve their muscle gains all naturally.

3. They lead to a lot of rationalization, self-lies and denial. Have you read any of the recent interviews with / about Barry Bonds, the top-hitter(?)-in-baseball, lately?

4. Why do you care what your former high school class mate lifts anyway? He isn't living your life--you are. Whether or not he benches 300# is not a reason for you to take steroids. What if you develop liver cancer and advanced male pattern baldness after taking steroids and he doesn't? Is that fair? Is that even relevant? Make up your own mind.

5. At the end of the day, we all have to face ourselves. We can decide, "O.k., I'm going to try/not try steroids. I knowingly make this choice and am prepared to accept all the consequences that may or may not come with it: increased muscle size, strength, acne, increased interest from girls/guys, increased disgust from girls /guys, depression, male pattern baldness, liver cysts, high blood pressure, shortened lifespan, decreased libido and shrunken testicles. I am fully aware that I may or may not experience any or all of these consequences, but I do recognize that this is what I have to look forward to, based on years of public and private testimony. Whatever happens, I agree that I chose it willingly, and I will not WHINE about it. "

Amen.

Mdlftr
  #5   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 02:41 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
The best advice I've ever heard about steroids is this:

Take a hard, honest look at your workout program, your diet, your life in general, and what you really know about steroids (and, while anecdotal evidence is useful and important, asking for information on a message board is NOT the same as doing research).

If, after five years, you've loyally followed a good workout program, have eaten the way you're supposed to eat to get big, everything else in your life is in order, and you've taken some time to seriously look into steroids, how they work, their effects, and the giant medicine cabinet of other drugs you have to take to lessen the negative effects of the roids themselves, THEN you're ready to take steroids.
  #6   Add to andres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:04 PM

andres is on a distinguished road
Cool steroids

If we speak about looking better, feeling well--the steroids are waste of money and a thing that may cause some health problems(though not so histrionically exaggerated as Bush administration want people to believe ). But to achieve hard core bodybuilding look, they are essential.
  #7   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM

BB-61 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to BB-61
The most anabolic thing you can take to grow big is called :

FOOD

Without it you won't grow.
I made the discovery pretty late in life, but if you want to put on mass, you simply have to eat so much you feel like puking most of the time.

In fact, once you put on five or ten pounds your reward yourself by taking a day off from eating... just so you can bend over to tie your shoes.

If you eat excess calories, you will grow, your body has no choice. All this can be done without steroids.

Of course, you also have to balance your diet, and be careful of not growing too quickly, becuase that does make you fat. If you can control your weight to 1-2 lbs gain per week, it's plenty.

If I'm not careful I can easily add 5-6 lbs in a week.
anyway, so here I sit at a homostaic weight of 260 lbs. I could get bigger, but since I'm not training like I did last year, I'll just get fat if over eat.

And I did this without a drop of steroids. You don't need 'em.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options