The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
my bench

it the 4th one i've had and i like this one alot i'm tall and i like to use a wide grip my standard bench post were always in the worst spot
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Bench

Niice!

Unlike mine, it does not have the leg curl attachment (which I would never get again on a home bench) and appears to be closer to the floor! Looks like the angle is good for those incline presses! As a tall guy myself, I'm finding that DB presses are the way to go without pain or shoulder injury, but the bench needs to be stable!

Happy lifting!

Mdlftr
  #3   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM

i had a standard bench from the same company that came with leg and a preacher bench attachment i kept them because that fit this bench also i just keep
them hung up when not in use so there more room for rows,deadlifts ect also this bench has 3 diffrent heights for flat and 2 inclines also can safely hold alot of weight my first bench was a cheap sears one that broke the first time i benched 130 second one broke after benching 300+ plus on it for over a year was a slide bench so i was kinda wierd anyways the 3rd was a standard with lots of attachments but the post were where i was used to gripping the bar so it was odd trying to use it so when i found this one i kept the attachments and gave the smaller bench to my cousin who was 15 at the time and using a sears type bench
off all the standard bars and weights i once had 800+lbs i kept only what i needed to fill my 3 sets of dumbells not i got almost 2 complete sets of olympic plates
  #4   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Bench

I worked chest this morning at home on my benches. I used my adjustable incline for inclines, and then used my plain bench (no racks) to do flat db presses.

I finished up the work out by putting my hands on the edge of the plain bench, my feet on the incline bench seat, and did bench dips to failure! (after 40 minutes of pushups, presses, inclines and triceps extn. it didn't take much to get to that point!)

Great pump! Here's to more solid gains!

I have the following Dbs: (pairs)
10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60.

I need to shop for some 70s (yes!) because I am getting strong enough to use the 60s consistently for behind the neck tricep extns., and am beginning to use it for flat DB bench presses. Yes! I will alternate with the bigger size dbs at the gym, so that I'm using 70s consistently before I go out and buy them for home. It takes a while to get the poundage up, and I find that you really have to pay attention to your body.

For instance, I did shoulders on Thursday and again on Sunday, so my chest workout was impacted. I worked chest a week ago, and the intervening shoulder work outs made this chest work out today less intense.

My right shoulder needs to be gently rehabbed and brought up to full strength, and the shoulder work out tired it out, since the presses were harder. But, it's all good, since I need to strengthen my shoulders anyway to bring up my bench!

Point is, I used good form and heavy weight for me, and did not have any injury, so I'm doing the right thing!

Keep lifting!

Mdlftr

Mdlftr
  #5   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:20 PM

my adjustable dumbbells only can fit up to 65 i bought some cheap olyimpic ones that can fit more but the spring collers they came with i don't like the spring coller are bigger then the plates so if i put them down they tend to rest on the collars and not flat on the ground should be able to find replacement collers not many
things i can do yet with 70+ anyways i use 45lb dumbell for extentions i just do them one handed i can only curls the 60lbs ones 3-4 times but i still try something like 40lbs warms up set of 10
then set of 10 with 45 set of 6-8 with 50 then do as many as possible with 60
then either curl 45 to failure or go to a straight bar and do 21's with 80 21 work well but are hard on my wrist if i do them 2-3 times a week i really worked out hard last week i didn't get hurt but i ended up sleeping more after tommorrow
i got 4 days off so i'll be working out even harder this week also when i workout
i tend to eat like a mad man the day after while i'm not the greatest with diets
when i'm lifting alot i don't eat fast food i make alot of my own meal alot of chicken
rice pasta fish if i need something fast i'll make a sandwich
  #6   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:47 PM

Grywolf workout

"...then either curl 45 to failure or go to a straight bar and do 21's with 80 21 work well but are hard on my wrist if i do them 2-3 times a week i "

Pretty impressive-- curling 65# for 3-4 reps! That's per arm, right? I can curl 40# in good form about 10 times. I try 50# from time to time, but my form sucks, so I focus on doing it right. Re: hurting wrist-- you should really invest in an E-Z curl bar. I had the great good fortune to actually travel to York Barbell Co. in York, PA, a year or so ago. I got a good, steel, E-Z curl bar for $15.00. Worth every penny! It saves your wrists and is great for 7s, also close grip bench presses(hit the tris) and preacher curls, etc. etc.

RE: food. Stay away from the junk. I try to use a lactose free protein powder in water from Nature's Way (on line it's cheaper). 50 gms of protein per two scoops and is low cal (low carb) so it packs on the muscle (high protein) and not the blubber (bad carbs, bad!)

Mdlftr
  #7   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM

do have an ez curl bar that i use for precher curl and tricep extentions

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text