The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
supplements to try?

I'm curious if anyone else has tried some of the newer supplements on the market? I'm always skeptical of the claims I read in the mags, but decided to try one. I thought "NO2" and "Myo-blast looked interesting, but each costs an arm-and-a-leg, so I picked "NO2".

So far, I think it seems to be doing something. I've noticed that I'm more pumped (they advertise a "perpetual pump"), and I think I've even put on 1/4 inch on my arms in the two weeks I've been using it. My endurance is up, and I think I'm even getting more ripped.

Am I just imaging things, or has anyone else had a similar experience? Has anyone tried Myo-blast?

Just curious,
Scott
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2003, 02:06 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
You need only supplement--protein, preferably whey. Creatine is OK too but gains tend to be secondary to water retention. The rest is just overpriced hype.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:51 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
How about vitamins?

I also think it's descent to take a good multi-vitamin and mineral tablet at night since most of us probably don't eat as well as we should. These are also very inexpencive suplements to take, but I think that vitamins, amino-acids, and minerals are the basic requirements for muscle growth. Please correct me if I am wrong. I 'm very sceptical of any expencive miracle pills, but I think basic nutrients are vital.
  #4   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:59 AM
Muscle Czar

I get at least 1g protein for every pound of lean body mass. I take vitamins daily. I also work out and bike like a madman (200+ miles per week). I have 8% body fat, and considering I just turned 40, that ain't bad.

While I'm skeptical of claims by supplement manufacturers, I also believe there are ways of tricking the body into going beyond where it naturally wants to be. Roids do it, but there are risks. ECA stacks do it, but there are risks. I'd be happier if there were something that didn't have the risks.

I have to say, I think NO2 has increased my endurance and is making my workouts/biking more intense. I just know little about this, or the myo-blast product.

-S
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:48 AM

There may well be good stuff out there, it's just that some of this stuff is so damned expencive. I remember once a clerk a nutrition store suggested something called Vandyl Sulphatye, or something like that. He said that it would give me an incredable pumped feeling, way greater than any I'd ever experienced. It was under $2 a 60 tablet bottle, so I tried it. It totally worked, but I don't know if that was a placebo effect, or for real. So there probably are good suplements out there, I'd read the lable of the N2O, or Myoblast, or whatever and purchase them. I'll bet it'l a lot less expencive. If you think it's helping you then great! I just get suspicious of high prices.
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2003, 07:55 AM
Muscle Czar

You're right, the prices suck. This stuff is like $70+ for about a 20-28 day supply. Can't tell what its doing, really (placebo, imagination or working). Chemically, it is something called arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (3000 mg). Some of my lifts are up, other's aren't. I'm pretty ripped, but I'd rather get bigger. Damned genetics
  #7   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:35 PM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
Mag-10

I am taking a double dose of "Mag-10" by Biotest, along with LOTS of eating and heavy lifting, and also creatine. I am fucking blowing up, dudes. I haven't felt this pumped in a long time. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but it feels like what I think being on roids must be like. I look a lot bigger and it's less than a week since I started the Mag-10, which is basically a legalized form of roids. Horny all the time too (again, maybe it's placebo). If I continue to get these pumps and gain weight, I will let you know. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm eating a lot and lifting a lot (have been REALLY hungry since going on Mag-10...some of the weight gain is belly, but a lot of it is chest/shoulders CLEARLY pumped).
  #8   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:58 AM

Sounds amazing!

I hope you'll include before/ after pics of you blowing up w/ mass!
I think the hunger thing is your body's need for nuitrients to feed its quick growth. I had a friend that was put on some stuff by his doctor, to make him bulk-up (he's HIV+) and he was constantly hungery. I think you are having the same effect. If he had kept workingout, and stayed on it, he'd be huge now! But he got lazy... I hope it goes well for you Pdude!
  #9   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2003, 05:42 AM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
many months later-reality check

well, i did the mag 10 cycle, and quit before i used both bottles. i was blowing up. but i didn't like the way i felt. tight, bloated. My pecs did get bigger fast. But i didn't know how to train properly at the time. i do believe that stuff has mild anabolic effects! but for me, it just made me NOT want to go to the gym. i ended up taking the summer off and doing only yoga. well now i am back in the gym and have help training properly. eating right. sleeping right. using proper form. and not taking any supplements except Healthy Food.
who knows what the side effects of that stuff were--probably the same negative effects of orals. what a waste of money. don't make training decisions on impulse (ie i got boned from the idea of taking something that worked like roids)--use your brain, do what's smart, and plan for the long term. i wish i had not bought that stuff. i could have simply done what cannot be gotten around--proper balance of training, diet, and rest.
(still--if you are doing all of that stuff--mag 10 might give you a little "boost")
  #10   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2003, 04:35 PM

Dang.

Too bad there is no magic pill. I'm glad your back in the gym. I'm trying to remotivate myself after a few lazy weeks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options