You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
Bodybuilding will increase your chances of getting laid by 19%

A survey by quirkology.com confirms that women prefer arms as the main turn on when they see a phyically active man. Although this isnt the final say on the matter, certain sports are more attractive than others with an apparent disadvnatage to bodybuilders.

Bodybuilding has been rated as the 3rd least attractive to women on par with yoga, but still beating golf and aerobics at least. In comparison, rock climbing and outdoorish adventure sports are the biggest head turners, convincing half of all females to cast their perving gaze over yonder. The wide shoulders, well developed arms, and focused demenour win hearts while an obsession with looks is somewhat repulsive.

Sort of like the male equivalent of a bimbo. Difficult for some people to imagine a long term friendship with them. Perhaps if you had a bit of money to fling around, things would be different.

Also, what women want to see as a "sexy, muscular guy" is really only a normal man thats only a bit more filled out than average. The extreme human belgian blues that have been created, probably wont make thier way into girls magazines any time soon.

But still - 19%....better than zero or a minus, right?
  #2   Add to birdy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:10 PM

birdy is on a distinguished road
Eh. I've dated the nature boys and rock-wall crawlers. While it's nice to be included, I really don't want to trek alone in the woods with his tree-hugging self or dangle off of cliffsides.

Nothing will turn to me to goo faster than a heavy build wrapped in thick veins with a healthy appetite. Coupled with a quick wit and a somewhat morbid sense of humor, and I'm sold.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
A survey by quirkology.com confirms that women prefer arms as the main turn on when they see a phyically active man. Although this isnt the final say on the matter, certain sports are more attractive than others with an apparent disadvnatage to bodybuilders.

Bodybuilding has been rated as the 3rd least attractive to women on par with yoga, but still beating golf and aerobics at least. In comparison, rock climbing and outdoorish adventure sports are the biggest head turners, convincing half of all females to cast their perving gaze over yonder. The wide shoulders, well developed arms, and focused demenour win hearts while an obsession with looks is somewhat repulsive.

Sort of like the male equivalent of a bimbo. Difficult for some people to imagine a long term friendship with them. Perhaps if you had a bit of money to fling around, things would be different.

Also, what women want to see as a "sexy, muscular guy" is really only a normal man thats only a bit more filled out than average. The extreme human belgian blues that have been created, probably wont make thier way into girls magazines any time soon.

But still - 19%....better than zero or a minus, right?
Only a fifth? In that case explain the Chippendales!
  #4   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I would if I could. Maybe womens brains are smaller and confused easier
  #5   Add to birdy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM

birdy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
I would if I could. Maybe womens brains are smaller and confused easier
Maybe, bearing in mind brain size has little to do with intelligence and confusion is often the result of inattention and/or ignorance.

Now, stand back as I attempt to explain my gender's perception of the male form!

I theorize the percepton of attractiveness is the result of media influence. Films directed at a female demographic feature svelte, yet sculpted men, while films aimed toward a male audience tend to be action-heavy with brawny leads. Women aren't necessarily exposed to overly muscular film stars in, what filmmakers presume, is a preferred medium, i.e., romantic comedies, period pieces, and the like.

I've had only a few discussions with other women regarding what an attractive male form is, and while many can admit respect for the dedication bodybuilding requires, they don't consider the physique appealing. When pressed, they really couldn't articulate why, just that they didn't like it. Following my media influence idea, muscular men have only thus been depicted as testerone-laden war-beasts leaping from exploding buildings (I'm thinking of The Marine and The Expendables here). Women really haven't been exposed to a muscular physique in more tranquil setting. Instead, they've been conditioned to see a more lean form as appealing and desirable because that's package a sensitive guy comes in.

This leads to my own perception of bodybuilders. I enjoy a muscular body because I see it as "protector", "defender", and "guardian". Now that's purely in regards to physical needs. I can protect, defend, and guard my financial, professional, social, whatever self just fine. But when it comes to dark alleys and bar fights, I don't stand a chance. Hugh Grant and Matthew McConaughey may fare slightly better, but contenders rarely start anything with a walking mountain. Its also the thrill. Trusting someone far larger to know their strength, hold me right, and accept that when I say enough is enough, its the only defense I have against him.

To sum, I suspect a leaner, more athletic form appeals to women because that's all they've seen in a romantic sense.

Upon review, I don't think I really explained anything up there. But, there aren't many occasions where I can partake in a discussion so I kinda gotta ramble a bit.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread!
  #6   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
What Birdy says does make a lot of sense!
  #7   Add to ts1976's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM

ts1976 is on a distinguished road
Well said, Birdy!
  #8   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:23 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
http://quirkology.com/USA/Experiment_sport.shtml
funny how "going to the gym" is a sport of its own, and gets high marks!
also, what people say is different than what they do, since they sometimes answer by what they'd like to be/perceive to be correct, but their behavior is something else.

A MINI POLL: come on, resident bodybuilders: do you get rejected by women? (this is not pure hetero/bi question, I suppose gay bb'ers get approached by women, too).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options