The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to musclewolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM

musclewolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclewolf
My Inner Self

(I'm not sure where this would go but I think this is the best place)

It's safe to say I am a geek but I always wanted to get large (like Captain America) So I joined a gym and I started to work out, and started to notice my work is starting to pay off but for one reason or another (gas or lack of workout buddy) my visits became more and more spread apart. Now I'm going back with a friend who's going to the air force but since my break, it's like I'm Peter Parker before the spider bite. So I wanted to know if anyone went through the same thing and saw something positive. (I've got a couple of friends who were like that and just quit all together)

Thanks for reading this and I hope you guys don't mind the comic book references (especially since they were all Marvel references)
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Muscled6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Muscled6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Dude, don't worry about a regular workout buddy. I've been training alone in the gym for years. Sometimes working with a personal trainer is a kick start. Best possible thing you can learn to do is "compete with yourself" and you'll stay motivated. Challenge yourself. Don't stay with the same routine over and over. Make it fun and a healthy addiction. Yea, it's more fun when you have a workout buddy, but that isn't why you are going. Even on days when you are really tired, don't give in and not go. Even if you are wiped-out, you will always feel better after some exercise. It builds on itself. *GROW*
  #3   Add to musclewolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM

musclewolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclewolf
all of that makes a lot of sense, what I would like is someone to tell me not to give up but really I should tell myself. I truly believe I can get big and that's all that I need to reach my goal, right?
  #4   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
This is an annual trial for me xD Get somewhat bigger/stronger over the course of a few months, lose it all when my means for working out are taken away by life circumstances. Every year for the past 3. All you can do is keep trying. It's not gonna happen by sitting on your ass.
  #5   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotehmoon View Post
This is an annual trial for me xD Get somewhat bigger/stronger over the course of a few months, lose it all when my means for working out are taken away by life circumstances. Every year for the past 3. All you can do is keep trying. It's not gonna happen by sitting on your ass.
I can fully relate to that... I can get myself in the groove of working out and eating right. I drop a bunch of flab and the guy in the mirror doesn't look like such a pig any more and I swear to myself to never go back. Finally I see myself with out know it's me, and I realize I actually starting to look something like the Stud I want to be (at 5'5" my goal is a ripped "Gymnast" look), I'm actually going to be the guy I've wanted to be since Jr High. But then my world starts to crumble around me and before I realize it I 'm back to where i started, and I totally despise myself for letting it happen AGAIN...
  #6   Add to samjoy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:37 AM

samjoy is on a distinguished road
It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Just get back there, you know that you can get to where you are going at least.

Only look at your previous self and try to defeat it.

I have also reached my goals and before you know it, for one reason or another, I stopped training regularly and didn't look as good anymore.
The thing that is positive is that you learn you can easily go back to training again.

It is much easier to reach the desired outcome too, after you have been there once. I feel it is like going to a new place, a town or city, a new street; the first time it is confusing, then as more you go there the more detail of that place you can remember.
  #7   Add to hypnotik's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Helping you get bigger

hypnotik is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread because it hints at two things. First, some people are split about getting bigger. A part of them hungers for it and motivates them to work out hard. But another part of them doesn't like it or is afraid of it. Maybe that's a loser part of them that wants to stay a loser because its safer. Or the attention their new body brings is unwanted. The reason can vary, but that kind of incongruency leads a lot of people off-track. Second, some people get very fixed on a goal and as they start to achieve they stop. They've reached the goal after all. They didn't have a secondary goal about maintaining what they created or refining it.

So lot's of reasons why people start off in a good direction and give up. The key is to be strategic and open to what's true for you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options