The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tomboy927's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2005, 05:24 PM

tomboy927 is on a distinguished road
Movie- Kung Fu Hustle Today

I saw Kung Fu Hustle today. There is a scene in it that depicts two buff males, one older the other a kid. It's a funny movie.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM

flexicon1
Strength fans: check it out!

I just saw this today, too.

Strength fans of this site (and I'm sure you know who you are) should definitely check this movie, but really, the movie is awesome, and though there is no real muscle growth, there is some fascinating stuff: shaolin-style kung-fu oriented, even a little clothes-ripping, and most people will find the movie hugely entertaining and very different. For you guys who like muscle, there is one guy in particular, a lowly coolee who hauls heavy bags of grain for a living, who has an awesome build, and in an early scene, he is loaded with bags which he squats up to haul off somewhere. Thick quads!

If you aren't familiar with Steven Chow, but like feats of unreal strength and power, you are gonna love this movie. You should also check out Shaolin Soccer for the same reasons.

Chow writes, directs, and stars in these films, and he is one of my favorite new filmmakers. His stories are simultaneously outrageous and sweet, intense and humane, violent and hilarious. He actually makes me feel good about life.

Synopsis Kung Fu Hustle: Without giving too much away, (there are a lot of twists and suprises) The Axe Gang rules with ruthless violence. They are interested only in money and power, but are drawn to a poor ghetto neighborhood when two wanna-be gangsters claiming to be Axe members anger the tight-knit community. I don't know what to say without giving anything away, but it's so much fun, you'll mostly forgive some of the lower quality effects and I'll just say now: deal with the subtitles. Some of the best movies in the world are being made outside of the English speaking world. Kung Fu Hustle is a GREAT FILM! (The strength stuff is gravy!)

Shaolin Soccer: (rent this on DVD, but see Kung-Fu Hustle while it's still in theaters!) A former soccer star, crippled by a former adversary who is now his boss, is given the chance to assemble a soccer team to take on the boss' Team Evil. He stumbles on a shaolin kung-fu master who is wicked with a soccer ball and who has connections with other former shaolin students who have all taken on regular roles in the city, a theme that is furthar explored in Kung Fu Hustle. They have to learn soccer, regain their former powers, and work as a team despite differences. As weird or uninteresting as it may sound to some of you, I cannot get across the sheer joy, sweetness, and fun this movie has waiting for you.

Another thing I like about this guy's films is that he uses a group of actors as a sort of repertory, which I tend to really like. (I love the early Almodovar films, where you get to see Carmen Maura and Antonio Banderas and the others in all those insane, hilarious roles!)

Chow made another film I've seen: The God of Cookery, which takes all the craziness of Shaolin Kung-fu into the Iron Chef realms. Wacky, and I'd give it another look, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did Soccer and Hustle.

New Reviewing System:

Kung-Fu Hustle - Front Double Biceps / Most Muscular

Shaolin Soccer - Front Double Biceps / Most Muscular

The God of Cookery - Front Single Biceps

Peace, y'all!
  #3   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
Chow Sing Chee (Stephen) has been making comedy since I was a kid, and has always acted in most of his own movies.

His popular old ones are mostly all ..uhmm Old-style Chinese Classic Comedies. Kinda hard for me to translate . But recently his new slew of movies have retained their comic martial art flavor and is headed to more modern backdrops. See if you can catch "The Royal Tramp". Its a classic !

His always a favourite here, I saw Kung Fu Hustle when it was out here in January!
The following are pictures for those who would like more visuals.

==
2 POsters of his last movies (shaolin soccer, kung fu hustle)
A peek behind the man in front and behind the camera.
a. Coolie guy with rice sacks. (wish i saw him all the way to the end of the movie)
b. Love this sunser scene! -thats coolie guy there too
c. One of my favourite scenes where music takes form!

Yinn
===
  #4   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
a, b, c
=====

Quick Reply
Bold