The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Body Building Suppliments and Drug Testing

Does anybody know how any of the legal body building supplements affect things like the urine and other drug tests done by companies looking to hiring people?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Outside of an elevated levels of test, there's nothing they really would find. Most companies only worry about other controlled substances in a urine test.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #3   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM

Actually testosterone would be my main concern, especially when using a booster supp of some sort.
  #4   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:51 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
Does anybody know how any of the legal body building supplements affect things like the urine and other drug tests done by companies looking to hiring people?
Though I suppose it would be possible, I have never heard of any pre-employment screening including a testosterone level test. Think about this one: We're not going to hire you because your testosterone level is above normal? What constitutes a normal level for whom? The only places that I could see testing for this would be The Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This would also be age dependent and the next question would be that they would have to prove the level to be artificially boosted.

In fact, I have never heard of any pre-employment that I know of even testing for A/S. Unless there is real reason to suspect something I doubt that this would be an issue.

They are going to look for the average recreational drugs and this is done for workman's comp reasons. Home Depot and Most Retail stores demand a drug test if there is a work related accident and this is at the demand of their insurance carriers. Pre employments are usually looking for pot, opiates (remember no poppy seed bread for a couple of weeks before a screening) and other standard issue controlled substances. Some by the way are now also testing for alcohol consumption so beware of that one. A few others are looking for toluene and traces of elements found in those into sniffing paint. Again they are looking for something that could cause an accident and or string them up with an insurance carrier.

If you are that worried about a legal booster get away from the low brow boosters for 4-6 weeks. There are a few pro-hormones from days past and maybe a couple of new ones that might show up for as much as 6 months, but again that kind of testing needs something to cause suspicion of that kind of use.

Testing for a boosted T level is expensive remember that one. A complete hormone panel can cost over $700.00. An average screening that they use costs about $150 at most.

Any other opinions on this one?
  #5   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM

Thanks Fuzzy, I appreciate the input! I've been lucky enough not to have a drug test since fall of '96 and don't drink, smoke, use ellicit drugs, ect. While I did eat a couple hot dogs on poppy seed buns last week (which I rarely even have those!), I figured I shouldn't have much to worry about, but I am glad you brought up the paint thing though! I do build models and such, so I use modeling paints, cements, ect and I know those can give you a buzz (not sure why anybody would actually want that buzz ) and wasn't sure if those things were now tested for either, so thank you very much on that little bit of info too! Reason I initially posted is that another member here suggested MHP's T-Bomb II and after a questionable "job interview", I got to wondering about how easily it and other supplements would be detected and be "seen" by future employers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options