The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to TheBlondMyth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM

TheBlondMyth is on a distinguished road
Your Supplementation Guide!

Hello fellas I am going to take time in posting this as I am new to the forum but a long time lurker on an old account. Right well lets begin. The basics.

[COLOR="Red"]Whey Protein[/COLOR]
This is the most basic supplement and should be in everyones supplement stack. Whey can be used post workout to recover or also in the mornings blended with oats and peanut butter to create a high calorie high quality meal. Whey is found cheap if you look hard enough, i recommend Myprotein.co.uk for their great service and prices! Aim to get around 20-30g a serving in when taking whey protein and also intake immediately after workout as it is fast absorbing. You can take whey as a meal but add in milk to slow down the absorption rate for a slower amino acid release.

[COLOR="red"]Multi Vitamin[/COLOR]
In today's lifestyle i doubt many people get in the right amount of vitamins and minerals the body needs. For the body to function at its optimal we must supply our body with adequate amount of vitamins and minerals. Easiest way to accomplish this is by buying it in supplement form. Seven seas is a great brand and less than ?10 !

[COLOR="red"]Fish Oils[/COLOR]
Omega 3 fatty acids is very important in our diet. We train with heavy poundages and as a result puts our joints under stress week in week out. To avoid joint injury ( which is very painful! ) we should intake atleast 1-2g of fish oils a day to lubricate the joints and also supply out body with essential fatty acids which are vital in keeping testosterone levels at their peak! Again you can get these very cheap from myprotein.co.uk.

That is it folks! 3 of them on a daily basis and with a great training program and diet. I am sure you will see gains. none of this nitronanocelltech muscle volumization supplements. That's all these do is drain away your money, and fast! Keep with the basics and you cannot go wrong.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TheBlondMyth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM

TheBlondMyth is on a distinguished road
Give this a Bump
  #3   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
While certainly interesting information, I ascribe to truly natural bodybuilding - no chemically-extracted proteins, no "multivitamins", no supplementation. You can get everything you need from your diet, and it will often be cheaper to do it that way. The only complication is that you have to figure out what you need, and make sure you get enough of everything.

When it comes to post-workout protein, I usually just drink plenty of milk (usually a litre of it after each workout). If I want more protein than that, and have money to buy it, I add egg white protein powder - it's nothing more than egg white that has been dried and turned into a powder, no chemical extraction. It's basically the egg white equivalent of milk powder.

You can get your omega 3 from nuts and fish. No need for "fish oil" supplementation.

That's my stance, anyway. Just thought I'd mention it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options