Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:35 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

No, it's Severn Trent Water's latest wheeze to prevent people suffering from dehydration this summer. May I present FLUSH GORDON

And if you think that looks ridiculous, just listen to this:

Quote:
Flush Gordon will be assisted by his trusty side-kick, Princess Aqua, who will be on hand to help Flush show people how to use a simple urine colour chart to check if they might be dehydrated.

Flush Gordon, alias Colin Green from Severn Trent Water, says: “If you don’t drink enough water or you lose a lot of fluid and don’t replace it, for instance when you play sport, you may become dehydrated, which can affect the way your body functions.”

Dehydration can cause headaches, tiredness, reduced concentration and in extreme cases can lead to more serious conditions like kidney stones.

Flush explains: “One of the easiest ways to find out if you might be dehydrated is to check the colour of your urine, if it’s a pale yellow colour, then you’re probably doing fine, however any darker and you may need to think about drinking more water.

“Drinking more water is great for everyone, even water heros, and with one of the best quality drinking waters in the UK available at the turn of a tap here in the Midlands, there’s no excuse for not getting enough of it!”

Severn Trent tap water is one of the best quality drinking waters in the UK and the world according to the Drinking Water Inspectorate and at only 0.1 pence per litre, represents great value for money.

The urine colour chart is a very general test, as other factors can affect the colour of your urine. If you’re taking vitamins or on medication or even if it’s a hot day, it can have an impact on the colour – the test is merely an indicator to prompt you to think about drinking more water.
As a Brit, may I apolgise in advance for calling Americans silly
  #2   Add to SithSpawn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM

SithSpawn has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to SithSpawn
I really wish I still lived there to see this

Lol. It's worse than the green cross code man.

Is he going to be in TV adverts? I can't wait to see that as I still get ITV Central (in France, don't ask how).
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:55 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Thank God!!!

I am so relieved to know that we Americans aren't the only idiots on the planet! Even worse is the fact that he's wrong; if you urine is light yellow, you are already dehydrated. I just hope Las Vegas doesn't adopt him to try to convince us to drink the awful Clark County tap water. I could just imagine Flush Gordon teaming up with Deputy Drip...
  #4   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle
As a Brit, may I apolgise in advance for calling Americans silly
Dude, Americans are silly. Apologizing for it only makes the rational world look ridiculous.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:48 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
Dude, Americans are silly. Apologizing for it only makes the rational world look ridiculous.
Yes, we are ridiculous, but I suspect the rest of the world is almost equally bazaar. What silly mascots/ example of ridiculousness do others have to share?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options