The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:04 AM

THE BODYBUILDING GIANT is on a distinguished road
best training exercise

i used to be a powerlifter before i took up bodybuilding my favorite is deadlifts though i feel this is a true strength of power and does wonders for the back in growing

Whats your fav and why???
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
My fave is dips. They really build mass on the triceps. Although it's difficult starting out, with consistent effort they really respond. At a bodyweight of 230 pounds, I usually work up to a set with 90 pounds strapped around my waist. Knowing that I'm dipping 300+ pounds is very motivating and the results have been outstanding.
  #3   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:02 AM

i really should start getting into dips ive always thought they were a pec exercise but ive heard so much of them for the triceps gonna start adding them

good idea
  #4   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
"Best" training exercise? That would be squats. Not only does it hammer the largest muscle group in the body (the quads), but it uses the hamstrings, calves, glutes, lower back, obliques, and traps... and that's just for the basic squat (as opposed to, say, Back Squats). What's more, it triggers the body to release more testosterone, which magnifies the results of other exercises.

My favourite varies with time, depending on what I feel like I'm doing well in, what I've been doing recently, etc. For instance, my favourites at the moment would have to be seated dumbbell shoulder press, 45 degree leg press, and standing calf raises.

Why? Not counting a recent strain induced by going too heavy with shoulder press without a spotter, I've been improving shoulders very well thanks to the shoulder press. For the leg press, I'm now doing 8 reps (per set) of 400 kg, which feels great. Calf raises tend to be a continuing favourite, as I can do bodyweight (which is just over 80 kg) + 160 kg for 5 reps per set, now. Note that this is in a standing calf raise machine (like this).

Oh, and forearm curls are a perennial favourite for me, mostly because my forearms are rather remarkable relative to the rest of my body. I'm forearm curling 25 kg dumbbells for 10 reps per set (1RM of 30 kg after having done two sets at 25 kg), with pronated curls (again, with dumbbells) as high as 10 kg.
  #5   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
"Best" training exercise? That would be squats. Not only does it hammer the largest muscle group in the body (the quads), but it uses the hamstrings, calves, glutes, lower back, obliques, and traps... and that's just for the basic squat (as opposed to, say, Back Squats). What's more, it triggers the body to release more testosterone, which magnifies the results of other exercises.

My favourite varies with time, depending on what I feel like I'm doing well in, what I've been doing recently, etc. For instance, my favourites at the moment would have to be seated dumbbell shoulder press, 45 degree leg press, and standing calf raises.

Why? Not counting a recent strain induced by going too heavy with shoulder press without a spotter, I've been improving shoulders very well thanks to the shoulder press. For the leg press, I'm now doing 8 reps (per set) of 400 kg, which feels great. Calf raises tend to be a continuing favourite, as I can do bodyweight (which is just over 80 kg) + 160 kg for 5 reps per set, now. Note that this is in a standing calf raise machine (like this).

Oh, and forearm curls are a perennial favourite for me, mostly because my forearms are rather remarkable relative to the rest of my body. I'm forearm curling 25 kg dumbbells for 10 reps per set (1RM of 30 kg after having done two sets at 25 kg), with pronated curls (again, with dumbbells) as high as 10 kg.

keep up the hard work mate and keep on building muscles sounds like you got your training down to the tee mate
  #6   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Squats with perfect form are #1 but deadlifts are a close second. No two exercises have a greater overall body effect than these two.
  #7   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
Squats with perfect form are #1 but deadlifts are a close second. No two exercises have a greater overall body effect than these two.
totally agree mate
  #8   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
To learn how to squat and deadlift properly, I think this youtube channel is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smittydiesel#g/u

And always start with lightweight when learning/ starting out.
  #9   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM

i ued to squat loada and then i got injured and so do loads of front squats they hit the quads as good as normal squats and are safer i feel
  #10   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:47 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
I have a love/hate relation with deadlift. I love it at the 5-rep range, but ramping up to sets of 1 si such a mind game! its a domination game, and if my mind is not on it, the weight will not move at all.
Happened to me a couple of days ago. I could actually hear the inner voice telling me 'not gonna happen'. and indeed. it moved 2 inches, dropped. a minute later, after some visualization, it just went up.
  #11   Add to Spotman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:24 AM

Spotman is on a distinguished road
My favourite exercise is bench press and push ups. Because both are very good for flattening my belly and helps me in growing my muscles.
  #12   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:04 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
My favorite is a tie between dips much like my good friend 1bigwoof, i usually have to strap two 45s to my waist even with my 255 lb frame for that true test but I love it. It is tied with squats, they work the whole body and the only way to get big legs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options